"Our site is down for scheduled maintenance"

57eric

9 minutes ago, Busy Mum said:

Same here, east coast of Australia & it’s 8.30am Wednesday where I am. 🤷‍♀️ 

We are sailing into Sydney ourselves.  Hoping when it’s back up, the new itinerary for our Coral WC is posted!  

4 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

It will not let me log on...

No, it’s gone again…super frustrating. Saying ‘scheduled maintenance’, will come back to it later. 🤦‍♀️

35 minutes ago, 57eric said:

Sure Princess, everyone schedules maintenance for Tuesday afternoons.

Yeah...I'd say something rather serious cropped up and that was the only "canned" message that *somewhat* applied to the situation.  You are correct...nobody (in their right mind!) schedules Tuesday afternoon maintenance.

• Like 1

I just checked and it will not let me see my reservations but the planning part is up and let me see available cruises.  I worked in IT and what happened caused them to totally or partially shut down the website.  They put up the standard sign that the site is being ...  However something seriously happened to cause them to shut down in the middle of the day.  Having been there and done that believe me management is there breathing down their necks while the IT gurus fix it.  Not a good day to be working in IT at Princess right now. Now comes the many meetings to figure out what happened and fix it.

• Like 2

I am somewhat sympathetic to Princess IT on this.  (I'd be more sympathetic if their work was of a higher standard.)  However, by blaming it on routine maintenance they are demonstrating a lack of respect for the intelligence of their customers.

• Like 3

I will cut Princess some slack....this time.  Cruise Critic was also "temporarily unavailable".

California has had some very extreme weather the past few days.  Up to 12 inches of rain in some places.  Flooding, mudslides, power outages, snow, wind, rain, tornados, but no earthquakes this time.  

19 hours ago, 57eric said:

However, by blaming it on routine maintenance they are demonstrating a lack of respect for the intelligence of their customers.

They simply used the "canned" website maintenance banner that was immediately available.  It would have taken a few minutes to create a different banner...probably minutes that management would not approve because "time is money!"

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Unplanned maintenance happens.  Ask me how I know. 😀

Absolutely.  But that was not was Princess was indicating.  I'm going with the explanation that they didn't have time to create a customized message indicating an unexpected problem, as this was the first time it ever happened.  😉