Voyagers club points discrepancy

Sancho_proudfoot

My wife & l are both diamond level with MSC.  I had an email telling me I had 14600 points; my wife had one a few days later saying she has 10500.

As all our cruises are together,  surely they should be identical?

I cannot get hold of anyone at MSC to discuss this; customer services here in the UK gave me an email address. I emailed  that address- it didn't bounce back as undelivered, but  equally,  it hasn't been answered either.

I was told that whoever's name Is first on the booking is who gets the points.  My husband and I never had the same points   It my also be affected by who pays for the cruise.  I’ve never understood how it works   

• Like 1

I agree they should be identical, regardless of who pays. My husband and I both have the same even though it always goes on one of our accounts. 

we had a missing trip once and it took months to get it resolved so good luck!

Points don’t distribute equally. That’s why I’m diamond and DW is gold. She’s 200 points away from being diamond. The points earned for pre cruise and onboard spending is credited to the person whose card is used. We’ve begun using her card on our last 2 cruises.

No, the points for the cruises are the same. But the onboard spending and the prepaid items give also points and only for the person that paid this. So I have a lot more points than my husband and we are mostly on the same cruises.

1 hour ago, Nikita4 said:

No, the points for the cruises are the same. But the onboard spending and the prepaid items give also points and only for the person that paid this. So I have a lot more points than my husband and we are mostly on the same cruises.

This is exactly correct.

I have 18000 more points than DH and we’ve always sailed together.  That difference does not equate to the points awarded for pre-purchases or onboard spending (always on my card).  I gave up long ago trying to figure out how they award points. 

Just now, JamieLogical said:

Once you are both diamond, do points really matter anymore anyway?

I guess we live in hope that one day they will (despite years of hearing that a higher tier will be introduced but has yet to materialise 🙄). 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I have 18000 more points than DH and we’ve always sailed together.  That difference does not equate to the points awarded for pre-purchases or onboard spending (always on my card).  I gave up long ago trying to figure out how they award points. 

Bea ... My understanding is that both get the same points for cabin grade and number of nights sailed, the person paying the final bill for any onboard spending including tours etc gets the extra points hence the reason why one can be Diamond and the other Gold.

• Like 1

Just now, sidari said:

Bea ... My understanding is that both get the same points for cabin grade and number of nights sailed, the person paying the final bill for any onboard spending including tours etc gets the extra points hence the reason why one can be Diamond and the other Gold.

Hi Dave.  True, but that doesn’t explain the discrepancy between mine and DH’s. 

Just now, Beamafar said:

Hi Dave.  True, but that doesn’t explain the discrepancy between mine and DH’s. 

Bea ... Very true, unless some of his are missing?

3 minutes ago, sidari said:

Bea ... Very true, unless some of his are missing?

No.  We actually were given a few extra points on a couple of occasions that we couldn’t account for.  Otherwise, his are about right. 

1 minute ago, Beamafar said:

No.  We actually were given a few extra points on a couple of occasions that we couldn’t account for.  Otherwise, his are about right. 

Mind you these days it is hard to understand whether anyone at MSC actually knows what is going on at any given time.

1 minute ago, sidari said:

Mind you these days it is hard to understand whether anyone at MSC actually knows what is going on at any given time.

😁

I brought up the subject, on our October sailing, at the Diamond Event, of a higher tier having not materialised, despite promises over the years.  Later that day I received a gift of a model of the ship (Musica) signed by the captain.  Was told I was the first one to ever receive a signed one.

• Like 1

Just now, Beamafar said:

😁

I brought up the subject, on our October sailing, at the Diamond Event, of a higher tier having not materialised, despite promises over the years.  Later that day I received a gift of a model of the ship (Musica) signed by the captain.  Was told I was the first one to ever receive a signed one.

But still no response to your question... 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

😁

Maybe first one from that particular Captain but I have two models signed by several officers 

Thanks all. The onboard  spend bit  majes sense; however, I think we're  missing some points for actual cruising. We status matched and at the time , that gave us 10,000 points and Black ( now diamond).

We've done 1 x 7 night cruise and then 1 x 21 nights.  That should, I think give 700+1000 but DW has only got 10600 showing.

I'll discuss with the loyalty ambassador on Virtuosa  in September. 

1 hour ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

however, I think we're  missing some points for actual cruising.

If you log into MSC with your MSC account and click on MSC Voyagers Club, you'll see "My Past Cruises point details" with the points for each cruise. It might not exactly add up to your total but it will give you an idea of how many points that you received for each cruise. 

We've given up on trying to figure out Voyagers club points.

Gone through the whole gamut of having minimal status then matching in the good old days when they handed out black/diamond like confetti.

Missing points, complained, got some back, points not showing up on one of our accounts versus the other. 

Bottom line I've got 31300, other half 15000 for the same cruises.

As long as we don't loose diamond status (which will only happen if they finally price us out of their product) we don't care about how many points we have. 

IMG_6734.thumb.png.fa90f4c01a399d312cbc33167afdc1e7.pngWhen we don’t get our double points for our bookings one year in advance, I send them my booking number, date of original booking and their list of YC Exclusive offers. I give them about a week then resend it. I have always gotten my missing points for that and spending on board. 

Edited by oceans.calling
Addition