Watching Deals and Sales On Oceania Cruises for Sport

Sthrngary

2 hours ago, jonthomas said:

The 30 cruises sale,  is a new sale. 

I had looked at the alaska cruise when it was 15% off, now it is much more.

easy to miss though, thinking that it is the same as the new years sale.

Hello,

I remembered from last Sept Regatta, that you said you booked it, since you asked us to join you and spouse JT.   Please come back to let us know if O will re-price it for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FetaCheese said:

Hello,

I remembered from last Sept Regatta, that you said you booked it, since you asked us to join you and spouse JT.   Please come back to let us know if O will re-price it for you.

Will definitely let you know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, jonthomas said:

Will definitely let you know.

I'm after final payment on my May Alaska cruise so was given OBC. Before final payment, I would expect a fare credit/reduction.

• Like 3

Our TA has contacted Oceania about the sale for our Regatta cruise in September. Our fare has now been reduced to match the sale. Our refundable OBC was reduced slightly, but we still came out quite a bit ahead.

• Like 4

To Feta and others...

our agent got a reduction from O, based on this latest sale...

for a B1, on Regatta in Sept, we went from 4,500 each to 3900 each....a substancial saving...

a loss of 100 pp from simply more....we will just cancel a tour we didnt want anyway, used it just because otherwise it would be lost...

Feta come with us...

johthomas100z@gmail.com

• Like 5

18 hours ago, jonthomas said:

To Feta and others...

our agent got a reduction from O, based on this latest sale...

for a B1, on Regatta in Sept, we went from 4,500 each to 3900 each....a substancial saving...

a loss of 100 pp from simply more....we will just cancel a tour we didnt want anyway, used it just because otherwise it would be lost...

Feta come with us...

johthomas100z@gmail.com

Just checked B1on Regatta, Cruise only $4,149.  Did your TA give you the $3,900 fare ?

Since we already went to Alaska last year, not sure about going again, but thank you.

Considering an O Carib cruise in Nov. from East coast.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

Just checked B1on Regatta, Cruise only $4,149. your TA give you the $3,900 fare? ... Considering an O Carib cruise in Nov. from East coast.

We enjoyed our 10-night cruise in a B2 on Sirena in the E. Caribbean in 11/2022 from Miami. Thankfully was just $2249 PP cruise only (booked on Riviera in the W. Caribbean 12/2021, and that 10-night A4 was just $2099 PP cruise only). Thank God for sales & discounts. But prices have climbed since then esp. under SM.

It is clear, fares are based on a lot of factors.  Does SimplyMore effect prices, yes of course. But that is just the way it is until it is not.  Does popularity of a specific cruise or agenda effect prices, logic tells us again yes. Does time of the year when traveling make a difference, yes again. There are so many things that can both effect fares and create/stimulate a sale for any brand.  

In my opinion and that is all it is, my opinion.  What we were fortunate to gain in the past, does not make it so or even relevant for the future.  How ever someone choices a cruise, itinerary, timing and the list goes on, is unique to the individual. The goal then is to keep their eyes and ears open to sales as they crop up on the cruise they have either chosen or would now consider. The past does not necessarily equal the future. Things have changed.

A short story.  I went on the NCL Joy with my family just after covid ended.  We all had a GREAT time.  I was looking at cruise rates a few months later and say I could cruise the Joy again, as a Solo, for $800.00 for seven days in a suite.  I had never done solo before so I did it.  Worst cruise experience I had in a while.  Price was right though.  Not saying if the price was higher or lower it would have made a difference experience.  Just saying, fare price alone does not make the cruise.  So many other factors. 

That was a tough lesson for me but also a valuable one.  Brand, Ship, Accommodations, Itinerary, issue with all those things that we research and of course investment will all have some part in our over all satisfaction. Everyone is different all that maters is we want to simply enjoy ourselves.  Life is way to short to waste time at my age. 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

... I was looking at cruise rates a few months later and say I could cruise the Joy again, as a Solo, for $800.00 for seven days in a suite.  I had never done solo before so I did it.  Worst cruise experience I had in a while.  Price was right though....

Though in the absence of details one has no idea why this cruise was so bad for you. You didn't like cruising alone? As long as the itinerary had some nice ports and I could do some interesting excursions, that price would make it worth it.

But then I'm not shy about solo traveling. Spent 2 weeks in Paraguay back in Apr-May 2022. I was up at 0500 wandering around Asuncion, Humaita, Pilar, and more all by myself. Never forget the kid on a motorcycle herding cattle down the dirt streets of Humaita at 0630. Or feeding monkeys hanging down from trees in the square in Santa Maria de Fe at 0530. And I don't speak any Spanish!

I have friend who can’t resist a ‘bargain’. She has a house full of bargains, food … full freezers…., shoes, clothes, household ‘stuff’ you name it she’s got it.

Problem is she has cupboards etc full to capacity with ‘stuff’ she not only doesn’t use, but doesn’t even know she has!

Personally, I prefer to spend my money on something I know (well will have  a really good idea about) that will be enjoyable, than ‘bargain hunt’ just for the sake of it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Vallesan said:

I have friend who can’t resist a ‘bargain’. She has a house full of bargains, food … full freezers…., shoes, clothes, household ‘stuff’ you name it she’s got it.

Problem is she has cupboards etc full to capacity with ‘stuff’ she not only doesn’t use, but doesn’t even know she has!

Personally, I prefer to spend my money on something I know (well will have  a really good idea about) that will be enjoyable, than ‘bargain hunt’ just for the sake of it.

@Vallesan You obviously are taking about my mother prior to her passing away.  I think we all know someone like that.  Your post struck me in a positive way.  Booking a cruise for a bargain price as your main motivation in my thoughts is not sport.  Booking the cruise that you really want and fall into a nice sale if you are looking for it and it happens is sport.  

That is what I got out of your post.  Thank you for taking the time to say it the way you did.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

@Vallesan You obviously are taking about my mother prior to her passing away.  I think we all know someone like that.  Your post struck me in a positive way.  Booking a cruise for a bargain price as your main motivation in my thoughts is not sport.  Booking the cruise that you really want and fall into a nice sale if you are looking for it and it happens is sport.  

That is what I got out of your post.  Thank you for taking the time to say it the way you did.  

Glad we our ‘soul’ fellows!

• Thanks 1

@Sthrngary

I loved the way you shared your thoughts on the sport of bargain hunting. We all catch a bargain now and then and we revel in our accomplishments. We have been sailing on O for quite awhile and what we paid in the “Old” days bears no relationship to today. Cruises Pre Covid, 2021, 2022, 2023, FCC, Canceled cruise credit, and the beat goes on but that was YESTERDAY. I remember an “Old” Chad and Jeremy song with the line, “That was yesterday and yesterday’s GONE”. Todays and Tomorrow’s cruise pricing, packages, Amenities, Deals, Sales, et al, is all that is relevant.  
The Cruise lines, for purposes of this Board, Oceania/NCLH, weathered Covid, Shut down of operations, A Financial Hurricane that left them with MASSIVE DEBT, Equipment shortages, supply shortages, staffing shortages, knowledge and experience shortages of employees at all levels and we too are weathering the remnants of that Mother of all Storms as cruisers on a line we happen to enjoy. 
I AGREE with you 100%, a Bargain price is not what makes a great cruise. Traveling with family and friends and staff that makes us feel valued is far more important than that Bargain price. 
OK, hopefully no one misinterprets my comments as I focus OUR travels on what today brings so I will “Drop the Mic”. Yesterday’s gone and with that, I love your closing line, so

Cruise well and enjoy every moment!  
Mauibabes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

... We have been sailing on O for quite awhile and what we paid in the “Old” days bears no relationship to today. Cruises Pre Covid, 2021, 2022, 2023, FCC, Canceled cruise credit, and the beat goes on but that was YESTERDAY. ... Todays and Tomorrow’s cruise pricing, packages, Amenities, Deals, Sales, et al, is all that is relevant....

Though to keep things in perspective, O had 8 major sales in 2023 and started the year with the New Years Sale, that just ended 2/29/24. So that was a mere 5 days ago! O now has a smaller sale on 30 cruises. BUT SALES are still oh so TODAY. Will be interesting to see how many sales O has in 2024. Right now were at 2. With 9 months to go.

Edited by MEFIowa
Removed some material

Maybe I should have said that yesterday’s pricing is irrelevant but “Sales are Good”!  They have to continue to put people in staterooms so they need the Sales to focus interest on these slow moving itineraries. We definitely need those Cruise Bargain teasers to stimulate interest. 😇👍🛳️

Enjoy the Hunt!

Mauibabes

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mauibabes said:

I remember an “Old” Chad and Jeremy song with the line, “That was yesterday and yesterday’s GONE”

I don't remember that Chad & Jeremy song but I do remember a Foreigner song with that exact lyric. I'll have to check out the C&J one. I do know Summer Song. 

• Haha 1

On 3/5/2024 at 8:56 AM, FetaCheese said:

Just checked B1on Regatta, Cruise only $4,149.  Did your TA give you the $3,900 fare ?

Since we already went to Alaska last year, not sure about going again, but thank you.

Considering an O Carib cruise in Nov. from East coast.

Feta,

we always use the onboard booking...so we got 200pp off price...that is how we got to 3900 pp but our agent also gave us 725 per cabin rebate and 150  per cabin for no wine or flowers...

I know someone said they get more than that for no flowers or wine, but I had her check with management....last time the 150 was also refundable....so that added to the rebate...

we have run out of where to cruise, been to most places and now will now there is no  mid east, no Baltic, no Russia, much of south America is off limits as well...

also we are no longer willing to do those crazy flights where it takes you a week after them to recover....

for us Alaska never gets old....

also doing panama crossing, even though we have done it twice...

may 1, 2025 is our 22 day TA crossing, but flying home from London, 7 hours, with PE, so that is doable...

leaving next week for colonial America ,have not done those ports...

anyway, you have my email, keep in touch....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

our total is 3900 x 2....so 725 and 150 for no flowers or wine....

for a B1 cabin to Alaska on the Regatta in Sept.

a little less than 10%-ish. Thanks

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

yes usually around 7 to 10....yes from an agency.....not O....

We usually get 10% reduction from the Oceania price from our TA, is that the same as your ‘rebate’ from Oceania?

Edited by Vallesan

3 hours ago, Vallesan said:

We usually get 10% reduction from the Oceania price from our TA, is that the same as your ‘rebate’ from Oceania?

Not from O. But from our agent. O does not give rebates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello All,

When I booked a PH1 on Turkish Ovation (on the Vista, departing July 23, 2024) on June 26, 2023 the gross amount was $16,288 for the two of us.  

I asked for subsequently announced sales prices to be taken into account, and at one point migrated to SimplyMore as a result.  I also bought a culinary experience ($240) for the two of us and the upgrade to the drinks package for two ($718), and bought shore excursions exceeding my SimplyMore allotment by $1054.50.  So notionally you can add all of these expenses to the $16,288.

After all of this the gross amount on the latest invoice is down to $11,041.50 for the two of us, even including those additional expenses.

All of this is in Canadian funds, but the latest gross amount is substantially less than the original, even with culinary, drinks and excursions added in.

In roll calls there has been a lot of speculation about whether the Turkish ports will be cancelled as they were on other 2024 cruises, but this has not as yet happened.  Not sure that it would make sense to still call it Turkish Ovation if you stuff the Turkey portion, so to speak.

Is this one now a bargain?  Yours to discover.

I remember our Oceania representative saying that he didn't think the application of the last sale to this booking would make a difference, and when he tried it out, he said...OMG...look at this.

Cheers,

Greg from the WildWanderers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WildWanderers said:

Hello All,

When I booked a PH1 on Turkish Ovation (on the Vista, departing July 23, 2024) on June 26, 2023 the gross amount was $16,288 for the two of us.  

I asked for subsequently announced sales prices to be taken into account, and at one point migrated to SimplyMore as a result.  I also bought a culinary experience ($240) for the two of us and the upgrade to the drinks package for two ($718), and bought shore excursions exceeding my SimplyMore allotment by $1054.50.  So notionally you can add all of these expenses to the $16,288.

After all of this the gross amount on the latest invoice is down to $11,041.50 for the two of us, even including those additional expenses.

All of this is in Canadian funds, but the latest gross amount is substantially less than the original, even with culinary, drinks and excursions added in.

In roll calls there has been a lot of speculation about whether the Turkish ports will be cancelled as they were on other 2024 cruises, but this has not as yet happened.  Not sure that it would make sense to still call it Turkish Ovation if you stuff the Turkey portion, so to speak.

Is this one now a bargain?  Yours to discover.

I remember our Oceania representative saying that he didn't think the application of the last sale to this booking would make a difference, and when he tried it out, he said...OMG...look at this.

Cheers,

Greg from the WildWanderers.

@WildWanderers Hello Greg.  We were in Istanbul in November on an Oceania Cruise.  I accidently found a very good experience.  When you get to the pier, go outside, a taxi stand is there.  We want to go to the Grand Bazar which I DO NOT recommend, it was crowded and uncomfortable.  Back to my story.  The Manger of the stand said the Taxi Driver would take us to the Bazar, stay with us and bring us back for $60.  I thought it was a scam but it was not.  He spent four hours with us and I gave him a total of $100.00 for the four of us.  The next day, I found the same driver and he took us to the the blue M and then on a ferry to see both sides of Istanbul.  I gave him another $100.00.  Just my opinion and experience.  FYI Only