Luminosa

Hi team …

did a Brisbane to Brisbane 3 day cruise staff were amazing room excellent entertainment cringe …food … 61/2 out of 10 cocktails 10/10 amazing… atmosphere fantastic all in all really good except for the positive covid test 2 days after getting off. 
I should have taken my own sanitizer but I let me guard down !!!!

Take sanitizer and use it all day long !!

IMG_1010.jpeg

IMG_8688.jpeg

IMG_8692.jpeg

IMG_8691.jpeg

IMG_8694.jpeg

IMG_8693.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Awesome, welcome, nice pics, glad you had a good time.

Don't be so hard on yourself.  Wear your covid as a cruising badge of courage. I know dozens of people who's first dose of covid was on or immediately after a cruise, including ourselves.

Washing hands with soap & water trumps hand sanitiser.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the Luminosa update, we are on next weekend. Really loved that ship last time.

Biggest concern ATM is will the Luminosa do the South Pacific?

Where could it go for 11 nights as an alternative. It's a passport cruise so wouldn't have to stick to OZ ports, but I heard  it would need a hull clean to get to NZ and it hasn't had one lately!!

I read the last cruise on Quantum were told at the port the change of itineraries, fingers crossed this weather system buggers off.

Edited by cheznandy
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, cheznandy said:

Thanks for the Luminosa update, we are on next weekend. Really loved that ship last time.

Biggest concern ATM is will the Luminosa do the South Pacific?

Where could it go for 11 nights as an alternative. It's a passport cruise so wouldn't have to stick to OZ ports, but I heard  it would need a hull clean to get to NZ and it hasn't had one lately!!

I read the last cruise on Quantum were told at the port the change of itineraries, fingers crossed this weather system buggers off.

Hope you have a good cruise Chez.

Edited by resordanis
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, CDaze71 said:

We caught the dreaded Covid on the Luminosa NYE cruise. 

Oh no!...I think you were on with Rob and Ali, I watch their Vlogs. I noticed she didn't attend a few things and thought she might have a bug.

I like the Hideaway Island one, haven't been there since 1999😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Oh no!...I think you were on with Rob and Ali, I watch their Vlogs. I noticed she didn't attend a few things and thought she might have a bug.

I like the Hideaway Island one, haven't been there since 1999😀

Ali didn't get covid but was sunburnt from Mystery, so didn't go to Hideaway. Rob said he was off when he got home, but he didn't test. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, arxcards said:

Don't be so hard on yourself.  Wear your covid as a cruising badge of courage. I know dozens of people who's first dose of covid was on or immediately after a cruise, including ourselves.

I agree with all your comments.  Count us, too, as Covid cruisers.  One and only bout 🤞🤞🤞for both of us:  Oceania Sirena, September 2022.  Still one of our best ever adventures.  

• Like 5

Thanks TOPC72

Great post, haven't cruised with them yet, but been thinking about it, your comments are encouraging us to look closer.

And yes my wife came down with covid on the third day of our first post covid cruise, she made sure she past it onto me after we got back.😆

Thanks again

John

Edited by Ozwoody
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, arxcards said:

Thanks appreciate your reply and it’s nice to know I’m not alone 🤣🤣🤣🦠😬

• Like 4

23 hours ago, arxcards said:

Totally agree, Geoff. We do the soap and water routine regularly and have little bottles of hand sanitizer (they clip on your belt or handbag) and use that constantly as well. With Noro currently doing the rounds, we will also be taking surface wipes containing Benzalkonium Chloride which I understand knocks the virus out of the ballpark. I have read that hand sanitiser won't kill Noro. Soap and water doesn't kill it either, but does shift the germs from your hands if you wash thoroughly.

So far we haven't caught covid on a cruise (odds are it will happen eventually 🙄). Hubby caught it on land about 2 months prior to our last cruise (excellent timing) and I haven't had it at all.

Thanks for the great pics, TOPC! We are considering Luminosa for a future cruise.

• Like 5

Back this morning. 7 night cruise North. Great weather except the sea was too calm for my liking. Cabin was great on deck 7  forward. Only up 2 decks for the buffet. Only saw 2 people with mask, hardly any coughing so the wife and I are keeping our fingers crossed that we have missed the dreaded Covid. I had my doubts about the Luminosa  but I really liked it even though the deco was designed by someone with a drink problem. The crew were excellent and the passengers, even after some negative reviews beforehand, were great, no pushing in at the buffet. Seriously a great cruise let down by the quality of the food. Never the less I enjoyed the cruise. Embarkation very speedy as was disembarkation. Enjoyed the onboard atmosphere it was very lively so if you are a couple of 80 year olds who like seeing people enjoy themselves go for it.We even stayed up way after our bedtimes listening to the live bands, feel tired now though. 😂

Cheers John.

Edited by JohnGc
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JohnGc said:

Back this morning. 7 night cruise North. Great weather except the sea was too calm for my liking. Cabin was great on deck 7  forward. Only up 2 decks for the buffet. Only saw 2 people with mask, hardly any coughing so the wife and I are keeping our fingers crossed that we have missed the dreaded Covid. I had my doubts about the Luminosa  but I really liked it even though the deco was designed by someone with a drink problem. The crew were excellent and the passengers, even after some negative reviews beforehand, were great, no pushing in at the buffet. Seriously a great cruise let down by the quality of the food. Never the less I enjoyed the cruise. Embarkation very speedy as was disembarkation. Enjoyed the onboard atmosphere it was very lively so if you are a couple of 80 year olds who like seeing people enjoy themselves go for it.We even stayed up way after our bedtimes listening to the live bands, feel tired now though. 😂

Cheers John.

Between you and TOPC72 Luminosa is starting to sound well worth a try.

Thanks guys.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JohnGc said:

Cheers John.

From the photos I've seen of Luminosa, I reckon the interior designer ate watermelon, pickles and ice cream at midnight, went sleep, woke up with severe indigestion and took to the drawing board.😂

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

From the photos I've seen of Luminosa, I reckon the interior designer ate watermelon, pickles and ice cream at midnight, went sleep, woke up with severe indigestion and took to the drawing board.😂

😂   It is actually not too bad when you get on the ship. I was very critical when I saw the photos beforehand. My impression on first boarding was of being comfortable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozwoody said:

Thanks guys.

I must admit that although I was very sceptical before boarding, although not modern I ended up really liking this ship. I took inflatable pads as I had read the beds were very hard ( never used them )  loved the cabin 7242, even ended up liking the opening outward balcony door more than the sliding doors 

( no rattling and double glazed made it so quiet in the cabin )  only problem is you cant leave it open unless you prop it open with the foot stall, of course with air con you are not supposed to anyway. As I mentioned in my earlier post, ( and this of course is purely personal ) the food was not to my liking, missed the crispy  bacon, the scrambled egg I believe was powdered egg.  I must admit I preferred the Ovation open food stations than the individual ones on this ship. I ended up desperately trying to find something food wise to enjoy, after all to me that is an important part of my cruises. Hopefully others will find it okay. In conclusion well worth a go if prepared for the food situation.

Cheers John.

• Like 4

Luminosa must have newer or better door seals than Splendor. We hated the outward opening door, as the seal was worn, and the breeze whistled through it day & night.

For bacon, I find if I ask for crispy bacon I get crispy bacon, although that is in the dining room. I reckon they have to keep a special batch of fully nuked bacon to keep the American cruisers happy. Carnival tries to break up the queues by breaking-up the food locations, but I agree entirely that it gets frustrating having to queue in 3 of 4 different lines to get the meal you want. We want to do Luminosa and while not yet booked, we are planning to do a 3 nighter next Feb, followed by a day in Brisbane before boarding Diamond Princess. For now, we like Carnival, but in small doses.

• Like 2

A memory on social media popped up for us today, 12 months to the day. Accepted an amazing offer to sail on Luminosa to the South Pacific, simply too good to refuse. Cruised on Spirit, and swore never again, but figured how bad could it be? So toddled up to Brisbane prepared to give Luminosa a go. Well, were we pleasantly surprised. The open bar areas with windows reminded us of Royal's Radiance class, and so much available seating for groups of friends. Found the entertainment more than acceptable. Sure, there were some weird aspects of the ship, the pool was totally inadequate for those who sun-worship, (not us), and the menus are a little on the odd side, but we weren't looking for negatives. The crew was excellent. Would we cruise on Luminosa again?  Hmmm, if the price was right, absolutely. We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise, and you can't ask more than that.

• Like 4

Now I'm starting to get intrigued.............. We ALMOST (well, kinda sorta) had the opportunity to sail on her last year. My agent put me forward (with hubby as an add on prop 😂) for promotional material on Luminosa. Would have been 7 days South Pacific with a film crew (mainly stills I believe) of us enjoying all the ship had to offer. Probably wouldn't have been much of a holiday with the 'paparazzi' following us around and directing everything we did, but wouldn't have cost us a cent and a pay cheque at the end of it. Unfortunately we weren't selected. Would have been a great opportunity to experience a ship we haven't tried.

Maybe we'll just have to let the moths out of the wallet and book a cruise on her. I will admit the decor (or at least photos thereof) has put me off so far.

• Like 4

On 2/12/2024 at 8:24 AM, Ozwoody said:

Thanks guys.

Yeah the food was pretty ordinary BUT in saying that I was limited to level 2 daily menu and Level 9 buffets as all the specialty places were booked out well in advance and as I was a cruise rookie was unaware of the app or how popular they would be.

Thanks for your post. I haven't cruised Carnival yet but would like to. I'd love it if they cruised over winter out of Brisbane....dreaming I know.

Don't be hard on yourself over covid @TOPC72.  I'm an absolute hand hygiene freak but still managed to come down with covid the night we got off Coral Princess. i actually don't know what i could do differently.