Port of Honolulu

Ndolly

You can walk to Iolani Palace. Make tour reservations on line. You can walk along Ala Moana Blvd and the Ala Moana Beach to Ala Moana Mall. One way 2 1/2 miles. Downtown Honolulu, Waikiki beach area is about a 5 miles walk one way. There are busses that go downtown. Check the bus routes and fares. 

They is a lot to see within “walking” distance.  How good a walker are you?

Mission Houses

Kawaiaha’o Church

City Hall will have a Christmas festival (Honolulu City Light/free)

Iolani Palace

State Capitol

State Library

State Archives

Chinatown (be alert to your surroundings)

Foster Botanical Gardens

On 2/10/2024 at 7:59 AM, cr8tiv1 said:

They is a lot to see within “walking” distance.  How good a walker are you?

Mission Houses

Kawaiaha’o Church

City Hall will have a Christmas festival (Honolulu City Light/free)

Iolani Palace

State Capitol

State Library

State Archives

Chinatown (be alert to your surroundings)

Foster Botanical Gardens

My standard list I give to people that ask me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/10/2024 at 6:45 AM, Ndolly said:

Hi there. Cruising to Hawaii on Grand Princess in December.  Any suggestions on what to see within walking distance from Port of Honolulu? Thanks

Check out Tour4Less in Waikiki if you are looking at tours of the island.

We used them many times.  They don't seems to have a website, but they have a number to call to book.  They are very local and very good prices.

We are cruising with Princess as well, but on the Ruby Pirncess in December for Christmas and New Year.  

Does anyone know if Uber/Lyft is reliable and readily available at the cruise port in Oahu?

11 minutes ago, danny8826 said:

Does anyone know if Uber/Lyft is reliable and readily available at the cruise port in Oahu?

Yes- Uber and Lyft work just as well as any other major US city in Honolulu. Outside of the city on the rest of Oahu service can be spotty. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

Yes- Uber and Lyft work just as well as any other major US city in Honolulu. Outside of the city on the rest of Oahu service can be spotty. 

Thank you.  I asked because we have been to Oahu so many times that once the ship gets into port, we just wanted to take an Uber/Lyft to the Waikiki area and walk arund to shop and eat.

2 hours ago, danny8826 said:

Thank you.  I asked because we have been to Oahu so many times that once the ship gets into port, we just wanted to take an Uber/Lyft to the Waikiki area and walk arund to shop and eat.

Waikiki is only three miles. A cab is easier, they are lined up waiting, and not that that expensive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, KeepCalmBearOn said:

Waikiki is only three miles. A cab is easier, they are lined up waiting, and not that that expensive.

Thank you.  That's good to know.

On 2/20/2024 at 2:23 AM, KeepCalmBearOn said:

There are only two, Pier 2 and 10/11 (Aloha Tower). Look for your ship in the schedule below.

https://hawaii.portcall.com/#!?tab=2&port=Honolulu - Oahu

Is 2B close to the clock tower? Last two Princess we were because we walk down the street to the next pier for an evening sunset dinner cruise.

Thanks

1 hour ago, latebloomer56 said:

Is 2B close to the clock tower? Last two Princess we were because we walk down the street to the next pier for an evening sunset dinner cruise.

Thanks

It is probably a 15 minute walk from 2B to the Aloha Tower.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, KeepCalmBearOn said:

It is probably a 15 minute walk from 2B to the Aloha Tower.

Would you remember if this is the normal dock for Princess? Know we have had the clock outside our balcony one other time and have walked to the diner cruise on Star of Honolulu twice. The 15 minutes sounds about right.

Thanks as always for you help on these boards.

4 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

Would you remember if this is the normal dock for Princess? Know we have had the clock outside our balcony one other time and have walked to the diner cruise on Star of Honolulu twice. The 15 minutes sounds about right.

To the best of my knowledge there is no normal or assigned berths at Honolulu-- will just depend on the day as to which. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

To the best of my knowledge there is no normal or assigned berths at Honolulu-- will just depend on the day as to which. 

Agree with Princeton, there is no normal. I've been on 7 LA (or SF) Hawaii round trips and we have been evenly split between Aloha Tower and Pier 2B. I think NCL gets priority at the Aloha Tower.