Boarding Princess in Fort Lauderdale

Luv2CtheMouse9

Go to the terminal, give the porters your luggage, find the Green line then follow what the staff tells you. Fairly easy process.

Not trying to be sarcastic or anything but informative.

Edited by Potstech
  • Like 1

There's usually people lining up to board as early as 9 am, even though doors don't usually open til 10 and boarding usually doesn't begin til around 10:45/11. 

Elite, Suite, Platinum board first, of those waiting.. 

Unless you absolutely have to be among the first aboard, don't show up til after 11:30, or better - 12. Minimal to no lines and you basically walk on whether blue or green Lane..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I agree with reedprincess.  We feel no need to be among the first to board, especially since you usually can’t go to your cabin until 1:00.  We have done well with a 12:00 arrival for boarding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Why don't you tell us what your concern is? I've seen your posts, so you have cruised previously and know the drill. Something is causing you anxiety about boarding, which is very straightforward and I am not seeing it.

• Haha 1

We were on the Sky Princess on 1/13.  Green Lane.  We arrived at the port around 11:30 a.m.  Gave our luggage to a porter.  Got in the Green Lane and were on board in a few minutes.  It was easy peasy.  

There is nothing to worry about.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, artvlay said:

Haven't sailed on Princess for five years. I just read that you can't get into the room until about 1pm. Do they allow you to drop your carry-on earlier?

We are Elite and travel with carry on bags only.  We drop our bags in the room but leave them in an area that can't be seen from the hall because the cabin steward will prop the cabin door open.  The cabin steward is usually in the hall or a nearby cabin and I inform him/her that I have left our bags in the cabin.  My husband keeps his backpack with him as it has all of our important documents,money,credit cards ect.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sandyoftheseas said:

We are Elite and travel with carry on bags only.  We drop our bags in the room but leave them in an area that can't be seen from the hall because the cabin steward will prop the cabin door open.  The cabin steward is usually in the hall or a nearby cabin and I inform him/her that I have left our bags in the cabin.  My husband keeps his backpack with him as it has all of our important documents,money,credit cards ect.  

We do likewise and if the fire doors are closed we just open them & drop our bags and go to lunch. 

39 minutes ago, sandyoftheseas said:

Thank you 

2 hours ago, sandyoftheseas said:

What does your tier level have to do with going to your cabin and dropping off your luggage? Are you dropping off your luggage because this is allowed? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, doghog said:

My point. Is the practice of dropping off luggage acceptable before the cabins are ready at 1:PM? 

I'm sure you can probably find *somewhere* in fine print that you only have access to your cabin after the posted time.  Plenty of people do it, though...we have on a couple of occasions and nobody has ever said anything about it.  However...we very commonly don't even get to the ship until after the "all clear" is given...so it's not really been an issue for us.

5 minutes ago, doghog said:

My point. Is the practice of dropping off luggage acceptable before the cabins are ready at 1:PM? 

Our "policy" is that if the fire doors to your floor/cabin are open, as they usually are, then it's OK to QUICKLY drop off your bags and get out of Stewart's way so he/she can finish getting the cabin ready. If they have shut down the fire doors to try and deny access to your corridor, as happens on occasion, then we absolutely would not breach that and simply hang on to the bags until the all-clear announcement is given.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doghog said:

What does your tier level have to do with going to your cabin and dropping off your luggage? Are you dropping off your luggage because this is allowed? 

I sorry I should have clarified.  We are Elite and want to get to the Sanctuary quickly so we are one of the first on board and because of this the cabins are usually not available.  I have never been questioned or not allowed to place my carry on in the cabin. We have had to open the fire doors maybe once but the rest of the times the fire doors have been open.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Our "policy" is that if the fire doors to your floor/cabin are open, as they usually are, then it's OK to QUICKLY drop off your bags and get out of Stewart's way so he/she can finish getting the cabin ready. If they have shut down the fire doors to try and deny access to your corridor, as happens on occasion, then we absolutely would not breach that and simply hang on to the bags until the all-clear announcement is given.

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I'm sure you can probably find *somewhere* in fine print that you only have access to your cabin after the posted time.  Plenty of people do it, though...we have on a couple of occasions and nobody has ever said anything about it.  However...we very commonly don't even get to the ship until after the "all clear" is given...so it's not really been an issue for us.

If the fire doors were open and nothing advertised that we can't drop and run then we would do just that. But if the fire doors are closed that would mean stay out without having to be verbally or a signage telling us to stay out. Since our carryons are my medium size back pack and my wifes purse (both with valuables and a few meds only) we would wait somewhere and enjoy our welcome aboard drink. 

Edited by doghog

1 minute ago, doghog said:

If the fire doors were open and nothing advertised that we can't drop and run then we would do just that. But if the fire doors are closed that would mean stay out without having to be verbally or a signage telling us to stay out. Since our carryons are my medium size back pack and my wifes purse (both with valuables and a few meds only) we would wait somewhere and enjoy our welcome aboard drink. 

Very good point! I forgot to mention the fire doors...I've only seen them closed one time given that we *usually* get there late.

2 hours ago, sandyoftheseas said:

I sorry I should have clarified.  We are Elite and want to get to the Sanctuary quickly so we are one of the first on board and because of this the cabins are usually not available.  I have never been questioned or not allowed to place my carry on in the cabin. We have had to open the fire doors maybe once but the rest of the times the fire doors have been open.

So what's the connection with you being Elite having anything to do with the sanctuary? Nothing right? I've never seen that advertised as a perk/benefit for Elites onboarding day. So anyone no matter their tier level could do exactly what you do "if" the fire doors are open. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, doghog said:

So what's the connection with you being Elite have to do with the sanctuary? Nothing right? I've never seen that advertised as a perk/benefit for Elites onboarding day. So anyone no matter their tier level could do exactly what you do. 

Elites board first (along with suites) so they can get to the Sanctuary to reserve lounges before the majority of cruisers.  On a warm weather cruise where the Sanctuary is popular that is essential. Since Sanctuary loungers are limited and cannot be reserved in advance, boarding as early as possible is a distinct advantage.  It is not a boast. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, capriccio said:

Elites board first (along with suites) so they can get to the Sanctuary to reserve lounges before the majority of cruisers.  On a warm weather cruise where the Sanctuary is popular that is essential. Since Sanctuary loungers are limited and cannot be reserved in advance, boarding as early as possible is a distinct advantage.  It is not a boast. 

Got it. Still has nothing to do with dropping off carryons when the fire doors are closed. You can reserve your lounger with or without them. 

• Like 1