Medallion question from Princess newbie

Luckysll

I just finished a cruise on Discovery Princess.  Did one previous cruise about eight or nine years ago pre medallion and this time, I really liked using the medallion as opposed to a card. I just booked another cruise and wonder if I need to order a new medallion.  I presume I can reuse the lanyard, but is the medallion reusable (can Princess reset it) or is it a one time only thing?  

The medallion battery dies after a few weeks to a month. Some that are on board longer cruises have to exchange their medallions due to a dead battery. Of course you can save the lanyard, you will receive a new one. Some people order and pay for special medallion carriers. What I do is remove the medallion from the plastic case and place it in my pocket. 

3 minutes ago, SamFaniam said:

Tagging on to this question.  We did order ours, how will we know if they have been sent?  And, if they do not arrive, can we just pick them up at the port?

You should get an email telling you they shipped. It should include tracking info. If they don't arrive in time they can give you a replacement at the port. No worries.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SamFaniam said:

Tagging on to this question.  We did order ours, how will we know if they have been sent?  And, if they do not arrive, can we just pick them up at the port?

We have always received notification when they are sent along with a tracking number. If you ordered them, you should receive them before your cruise, but if something happened and for some reason you didn't get them, Princess could always replace them for you. That is very unlikely to be necessary though as if you ordered them I'm sure you will receive them without a problem.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SamFaniam said:

Just some advice if you are planning on leaving home more than 10 days before the cruise starts.  Our medallions usually arrive within 10 - 12 days before sailing but last year we were leaving home 15 days before the cruise so I changed my delivery instructions to 'pick up at the port' which was prescient because my sister's delivery (we were traveling together and she lives down the block from me) that she forgot to change to 'pick up at the port' arrived in her mailbox two days after we flew to Australia.  She had no problem getting a new medallion issued at check-in.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2024 at 7:29 PM, Luckysll said:

I just finished a cruise on Discovery Princess.  Did one previous cruise about eight or nine years ago pre medallion and this time, I really liked using the medallion as opposed to a card. I just booked another cruise and wonder if I need to order a new medallion.  I presume I can reuse the lanyard, but is the medallion reusable (can Princess reset it) or is it a one time only thing?  

Since others have answered your question, I'll just add that I love the Medallion. There is nothing better than sitting down for trivia, ordering a glass of Champagne and sushi and having it delivered to you. I belong to a private club in a Hollywood mansion. We have five bars and I would kill to have that service there. 🙂