Serenity Sailings For April and May, 2024

canescruiser

9 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Isn't there only one cancellation.

I believe Serenity has not cancellations just revisions.

Keith

Hi, Keith.  I was on the La Seyne to Miami cruise.  The notice from Crystal that was forwarded to me by my travel agent says that this cruise was cancelled.  It then provides various options, including "moving to the new voyage" that Serenity now has going to Miami.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sweetpea711423 said:

Hi, Keith.  I was on the La Seyne to Miami cruise.  The notice from Crystal that was forwarded to me by my travel agent says that this cruise was cancelled.  It then provides various options, including "moving to the new voyage" that Serenity now has going to Miami.

You are right. My mistake. I just reread it and it say cruise canceled but they have revised the itinerary to the one they show below

What through me off was their statement below but as you say on the e-mail it says canceled.

Keith

Crystal to Cancel Cruise Affected by Red Sea Situation with Safety in Mind; 2024 Crystal Serenity World Cruise Re-Routed

In light of the current situation in the Red Sea, Crystal remains committed to prioritizing the safety and well-being of our guests and crew. Due to the ongoing situation, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the 2024 Cruise from Mumbai to Piraeus (Athens) on Crystal Symphony March 27 to April 13.
Additionally, we are re-routing several segments of the 2024 World Cruise on Crystal Serenity to avoid this area. However, this will not affect the overall voyage length, and the ship will arrive in Miami as originally scheduled on June 8, 2024.
We are in the process of notifying all impacted guests on both ships. We greatly appreciate our guests and crew for their understanding and patience during this process.

• Thanks 1

I'm booked on Mumbai-Piraeus and haven't heard a peep. If it's true there are only ~100 passengers on this cruise, what gives that I hear about the cancellation not from my TA (who works for the agency of choice for many CC members) nor from Crystal? 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dog-man said:

We have spoken with our travel agent this afternoon and been told that a refund is our right and she has already submitted the refund request to Crystal.

Unfortunately, it is not our right with Crystal.  Crystal Cruise contract states.. "...Carrier may cancel the proposed Cruise without liability to refund Cruise Fare paid in advance." listed in Section 10(c) of the contract. I'm getting Deja Vue from 2020 all over again.  

You can cancel the cruise to get a refund but you'll lose the cancelation penalty, which is 50% right now for most of us.  seriously doubt insurance would cover the penalty.  

• Thanks 1

I have looked over the letter with the three options for the Serenity sailings and a full refund is not an option. A couple  of the options involved getting a future cruise credit for the full fare which was paid that could be used for booking a new cruise in 2024 and 2025 and an additional savings beyond that depending on which year the new booking is for. 

I have not seen the letter for the one Symphony cruise that was canceled so can't speak to that one.

Keith

I am on the world cruise on Serenity.  I have received none of the options Keith mentions.   Communication has been woeful throughout this process.

Perhaps these “options” will be revealed at the session onboard in 30 minutes.

Dwight

• Like 1

Throughout this process, we will maintain an ongoing conversation with our guests to ensure their preferences are considered and addressed.

I presented this quote from Crystal’s January press release and asked for a show of hands of those who had been contacted by Crystal.   No one raised a hand….

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, History&Wine said:

Meeting concluded and NONE of the options Keith referenced were presented.  One questioner seeking options was told to talk to his agent…..

Curious as to who conducted the meeting, plus other "officials" there.

11 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Curious as to who conducted the meeting, plus other "officials" there.

The captain, the hotel manager, the cruise director, the doctor and one of the future cruise bookers.   I believe that is the complete list.  

• Thanks 1

Keith,

Where do those of us who have booked/paid in full for canceled cruises, and who have flights, visas, and hotels set up, find the information you have access to? I wish Crystal would inform those of us on these cruises what is going on. Not a great feeling to find out cruisers who aren't even on these cruises have information we are not privy to.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, History&Wine said:

Meeting concluded and NONE of the options Keith referenced were presented.  One questioner seeking options was told to talk to his agent…..

Dwight, the options are in letters that went out to Agents who have clients booked on segments of the World Cruise who are on the impacted itineraries who are not on board the ship right now.  I have no idea about those who are on the full world cruise or who are on segments who are already on board.

Keith 

5 hours ago, annlee said:

Keith,

Where do those of us who have booked/paid in full for canceled cruises, and who have flights, visas, and hotels set up, find the information you have access to? I wish Crystal would inform those of us on these cruises what is going on. Not a great feeling to find out cruisers who aren't even on these cruises have information we are not privy to.

The only reason I saw the letters is two friends who are booked on impacted segments sent them to me. They were sent to their TA's who sent them to their clients, in this case my friends.

If you are on not on board and have booked one of these cruises and booked through an agent I would contact your agent to ask them to send the letter to you. 

Keith