Saint Greg's Carnival Spirit 8-Day Bahamas - LIVE - February 17, 2024

3 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Also on PC there is a bar off the official grounds called "George's Bar" that has a funky vibe and cheaper drinks.  Bring your Sign and Sail and ID (I think) to enter and exit area. Entrance is near the excursion desk and main shop area, behind a chain link fence.

This kind of answers one of my questions. I know the princess drink package works there. I know Carnival's doesn't at HMC. But I haven't heard anything about Princess Cays. One of the video tours I watched was specifically from a Carnival ship. No talk about whether or not there was a charge for the food or drink there. But I didn't really see any pos terminals at the bars he walked by. I kind of figured Carnival wouldn't have the drink package work there. But I couldn't figure out how they were doing it from the videos.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

This kind of answers one of my questions. I know the princess drink package works there. I know Carnival's doesn't at HMC. But I haven't heard anything about Princess Cays. One of the video tours I watched was specifically from a Carnival ship. No talk about whether or not there was a charge for the food or drink there. But I didn't really see any pos terminals at the bars he walked by.

Carnival's drink package doesn't work on PC.  George's was a short walk (10 minutes) and fun to break up the day.  I bought a t shirt as well.  I'm pretty sure everyone took credit cards there.

Lunch is the same BBQ set up as HMC and included.

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Also on PC there is a bar off the official grounds called "George's Bar" that has a funky vibe and cheaper drinks.  Bring your Sign and Sail and ID (I think) to enter and exit area. Entrance is near the excursion desk and main shop area, behind a chain link fence. Picture of road with shops and George’s Bar

Oh so you have to go out of the gates for that?

• Like 1

IMG_5323.thumb.jpeg.7a7014175d12f985cf04b5992b4ba7b4.jpegRegarding Nassau, have you walked past Graycliff Hotel, Chocolatier, cigar store on West Hill Street on the way to JWD?  Pretty street and if you can, walk through the hotel lobby to the pool in the back.  Very pretty and unique.

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Oh so you have to go out of the gates for that?

Yes.  My DD and I showed ID to the guy standing there and it was evident we needed the ID to get back into the ship dock area.  When the tender pulls up to PC, you'll see a sign advertising George's Bar on a wall behind the fence.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I see the theater blocks the front on deck 3. That's going to be interesting. I can get to the theater from my deck.

Actually you can walk around the theater on Deck 3. It's called the Jungle interior promenade. Cool place to hang out. :classic_smile:

IMG_9305-XL.jpg

IMG_9304-XL.jpg

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 26

I think your plans for Bimini and Freeport are good.  Our time at a beach club in Freeport was ok but the shark/boat thing sounds interesting.  The tram is a good overview but depending on how long you have in Bimini, I've heard Radio Beach is great and might be worth the extra time that the tram ride would eat up.  If I port at Bimini again, I would look into the cab situation for Radio Beach.  I'll look forward to hearing your take on it.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Actually you can walk around the theater on Deck 3. It's called the Jungle interior promenade. Cool place to hang out. :classic_smile:

IMG_9305-XL.jpg

IMG_9304-XL.jpg

Deck 3 is awesome for walks. Go through the jungle back outside, go completely around the aft for a great view and circle back! And hardly run into anyone while doing so 😉 . All this is right below his room, which is the mysterious 4233 if I had to take a wild guess. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Should be the one right below my room I think. No secret decks on Spirit so I wanted to be where I could get outside as quickly as possible.

There is one secret deck, but it is crew only on deck 4. I noticed on the port side of the interior promenade( the jungle) a crew superhighway going up the staircase at the front to deck 4 and then turning left, I peeked through the door and it is an outside deck, surely their private smoking area if I had to guess 😉 . 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I think your plans for Bimini and Freeport are good.  Our time at a beach club in Freeport was ok but the shark/boat thing sounds interesting.  The tram is a good overview but depending on how long you have in Bimini, I've heard Radio Beach is great and might be worth the extra time that the tram ride would eat up.  If I port at Bimini again, I would look into the cab situation for Radio Beach.  I'll look forward to hearing your take on it.

I know where the cabs are for Radio beach. That would be after the tram ride. I think it's a $5 cab ride if the information is still accurate.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Criminal. Murder trial. I was never called. I just sat there for a day and a half listening to other potential jurors getting questioned.

Enjoy your cruise we are getting on Mardi Gras tomorrow.  Eastern 7 day.   A ways back I was 2nd alternate for a murder trial.  Someone dropped off jury and I was next in line.  Sat thru entire trial and dismissed when deliberations began.   What was supposedly to be 4 to 5 day trial turned into 17. 

• Like 7

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

Enjoy your cruise we are getting on Mardi Gras tomorrow.  Eastern 7 day.   A ways back I was 2nd alternate for a murder trial.  Someone dropped off jury and I was next in line.  Sat thru entire trial and dismissed when deliberations began.   What was supposedly to be 4 to 5 day trial turned into 17. 

That's what I was concerned about because they said they would be done that week. But.....spending a day and a half on jury selection didn't have me feeling very confident.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I was on jury duty for a civil case in Los Angeles. Two weeks of fun!  Really!!  I loved it! Had Robert Shapiro as the opposing counsel.👍

Edited by ninjacat123
spelling ;)
  • Like 11

We went to Bimini right after cruising opened up (2nd Mardi Gras sailing).  Covid fears on the island (from cruisers invading 🤣 had the placed pretty well locked down.  Did not get to do much.   LONG pier. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ninjacat123 said:

I was on jury duty for a civil case in Los Angeles. Two weeks of fun!  Really!!  I loved it! Had Robert Shapiro as the opposing council.👍

Ours had significant issues.  We were excused a LOT.  Two drug dealers.  Prosecution main witness customer of both.  Her testimony was not sone on Friday and she went mia on a binge till Thursday.  Basically recanted her original testimony.   He got away with murder.   Learned a lot about “street justice” and not cooperating with the “system”.     

• Like 2