Can a Princess Love a Virgin?

Steelers0854

46 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We were status matched from Pinnacle on Royal Caribbean to get the DBE. Does this allow us to board earlier than our 2:15 boarding time?

Anyone with DBE gets to board after the Rockstars (suites), so ignore the time on the app.

Boarding order is Rockstars, then DBE and SOR (Splash of Romance), then everyone with assigned times.

40 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Anyone with DBE gets to board after the Rockstars (suites), so ignore the time on the app.

Boarding order is Rockstars, then DBE and SOR (Splash of Romance), then everyone with assigned times.

Thanks for the info. Do you know when the Rockstars will be boarding? Would like to find out so I know when it’s a good time for us to show up.  We are on the Scarlet Lady on March 1st out of Miami. Is this info located on the app or somewhere else I can look? 

How do people get the DBE? Can they be bought or is it a loyalty thing? Thanks.

Edited by ReneeFLL

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

It’s nice to be without rug rats, so sorry, I meant little ones sometimes. Having a cruise line that doesn’t involve misbehaving kids has nothing to do with their values. 🙄

The two are separate issues.  That's why a period between the sentences, and why the second sentence begins with ALSO.

Edited by Incognito1

23 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks for the info. Do you know when the Rockstars will be boarding? Would like to find out so I know when it’s a good time for us to show up.  We are on the Scarlet Lady on March 1st out of Miami. Is this info located on the app or somewhere else I can look? 

How do people get the DBE? Can they be bought or is it a loyalty thing? Thanks.

We show up around 1:00PM.

DBE cannot be purchased.

Here's the info from Virgin's site.

https://www.virginvoyages.com/sailing-club

Another good site for doing homework is VV Insider.

https://vvinsider.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, jon81uk said:

I’ve always found Sip (the champagne bar) to be a little quieter than the others. The Dock House in the evening can be pretty quiet too.

I wondered about that. We kept meaning to go there but never quite made it. That's the disadvantage of a short cruise - never enough time to see everything.

15 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

I’m really enjoying this thread, thank you.  We prefer Celebrity, but we do sail with Princess on occasion.  We think it’s time to move on.  May I ask what age groups are represented on VV.  I worry that we’re too old and may feel out of place.  

We're in our early 70s and didn't feel out of place. We've done a few Celebrity cruises, which have a younger demographic than most of the longer Princess cruises we've been on, and felt just as comfortable on Virgin as we did on Celebrity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Wildcatllamas said:

I have to fully agree about the mattresses in the regular cabins. They are worse then awful if you have any joint issues.

I found the mattress very comfortable. I didn't have any of the joint issues I sometimes get at home.

5 hours ago, voyager1964 said:

Also, my impression is that you must reserve all the restaurants and shows prior to cruise (unless you are in a suite), or make the reservations while you are in the waiting area for embarkation (taking advantage of ship's internet). Otherwise, you would have a trouble finding a reservation slot onboard. But then again those are the things I read about, not my own experience.

That’s not quite the case. You can reserve restaurants from 45 days, but only a limited portion of the reservations are released in advance, the rest and all the shows and activities can be booked on board. Some low capacity fitness classes and activities will sell out very quickly, but the major shows aren’t so hard to get into and the standby line is available.

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Why would they do that? I came looking for info about VV and found it there. I never would have looked at Princess for VV info. So weird.

I asked them to. I posted it to Princess to begin with as it’s meant to provide context for those that specifically love the Princess brand to see if they should try this based what on they like/don’t like about Princess. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, Steelers0854 said:

I asked them to. I posted it to Princess to begin with as it’s meant to provide context for those that specifically love the Princess brand to see if they should try this based what on they like/don’t like about Princess. 

Thank you again!  This has been such an informative and interesting topic.  We’ve never even thought about VV as an option and you’ve certainly changed our minds,  Well done!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

You should see the shirts someone is selling on Etsy. 🤣

I have...I may have looked at them for a bit longer than a "passing glance" 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1