Luggage Tags

Ciadan

First time cruisers, so please excuse my stupid question.

I'm looking to buy luggage tags online, but there seems to be different sizes.  Can someone please advise what size I should buy for Cunard?

Thank you.

7 minutes ago, david63 said:

I see that you travel light😄

That's the beauty of travelling from Southampton, not having to worry about over packing & it was a 19 night cruise.

• Like 3

We bought the 6.5-inch length x 3.5-inch width and they work fine, without any tweaks to what comes off the printer other than a bit of trimming -- although I really like the 130% idea - if for no other reason tan to make it easier on the baggage handling crews.  

IMG_3034.jpeg

Edited by ClipperinSFO
add picture
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

another first time cruise here with a stupid question... is it really neccessary to have the baggage tag laminated or placed in a plastic cover? I never thought about that. Is there any other way to attach it?

4 minutes ago, ex-koelner said:

another first time cruise here with a stupid question... is it really neccessary to have the baggage tag laminated or placed in a plastic cover? I never thought about that. Is there any other way to attach it?

Not necessary to do either. Just bring some scotch tape in your carry on bag and tape the tags on when you arrive.

In case the tag gets ripped off, I also put a printed sheet in each bag with contact details and cabin number.

Since we have to check some bags on a flight to Heathrow, I also include details of the address at Red Hook and the time/date QM2 will be docked there in case a bag is lost on the flight and can hopefully catch us up in New York for the return trip.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, ex-koelner said:

We fly to our Cunard cruises and crossings, so I like to have everything printed and secured in the plastic sleeves ready for attaching on sailing day, rather than fuss with the folding and scotch taping, but it is indeed a matter of individual preference.  

@D&N has some sound advice about adding details about the QM2 times, dates and locations, since invariably what is checked in as airline luggage are the cases with all the "party clothes" needed for a Cunard crossing/cruise.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, ClipperinSFO said:

since invariably what is checked in as airline luggage are the cases with all the "party clothes" needed for a Cunard crossing/cruise.

Not a chance! Our backpack carry-ons are full of enough evening wear to dress formally for 14 nights. There might be a fair bit of recycling though.

Edited by D&N
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ex-koelner said:

The instructions on the luggage tag call for folding and stapling around the handle. 

Because I have to fly, and because I don't want to have to go hunting for staplers (or bring one), I use the plastic slips linked above to hold the tags. They were cheap, and if you get the wider ones, they should be usable with all (or almost all) lines. As long as the room number and location code are visible, they should be fine. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/21/2024 at 1:24 PM, D&N said:

Not a chance! Our backpack carry-ons are full of enough evening wear to dress formally for 14 nights. There might be a fair bit of recycling though.

I never thought about recycling the formal clothes....except for his tux. But you are right. No one is going to notice if I am wearing an article of clothing again. 

Hence maybe no need to check a bag. 

Edited by jrmende63
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, jrmende63 said:

I never thought about recycling the formal clothes....except for his suit. But you are right. No one is going to notice if I am wearing an article of clothing again. 

Hence maybe no need to check a bag. 

I've no knowledge of US Interstate flights.

If we fly from here to UK on BA or Air France/KLM we'd normally book a luggage inclusive fare although they do offer hand luggage only for slightly less. If we use easyJet we pay for checked bags but it's not any more than BA. Ryanair are the same but their destinations don't suit us.

Is checked luggage expensive in US?

edit: If we fly to Scotland on BA it's a connecting flight and hand luggage fares are not offered.

Edited by D&N

6 minutes ago, D&N said:

I've no knowledge of US Interstate flights.

If we fly from here to UK on BA or Air France/KLM we'd normally book a luggage inclusive fare although they do offer hand luggage only for slightly less. If we use easyJet we pay for checked bags but it's not any more than BA. Ryanair are the same but their destinations don't suit us.

Is checked luggage expensive in US?

edit: If we fly to Scotland on BA it's a connecting flight and hand luggage fares are not offered.

No it is not expensive from the US. It is just we are coming in early to see London and don't wish to have extra luggage to handle. We are flying from Orlando in the US. So not a big deal if we have to check a bag. I just like carryon's though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jrmende63 said:

No it is not expensive from the US. It is just we are coming in early to see London and don't wish to have extra luggage to handle. We are flying from Orlando in the US. So not a big deal if we have to check a bag. I just like carryon's though.

Silly of me to assume you were boarding at Red Hook!

We do like avoiding luggage carousels but never know what we might be bringing back from London or Scotland, and if visiting my sister will have wine and cheese on the way there.

We wouldn't intentionally travel light for QM2 though.

• Like 1