Vibe Beach Club

2 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

You can find free lounge chairs away from the pool (most with no kids around) with very little effort. 

On what ship have you experienced the Vibe? 

3 minutes ago, UKstages said:

an even better question might be... on which ship have you found free lounge chairs with no kids with very little effort?

On an 80% full transatlantic on a cloudy, cold day.

24 minutes ago, UKstages said:

an even better question might be... on which ship have you found free lounge chairs with no kids with very little effort?

And with excellent bar service......and the lounge chairs are padded (except on the Encore)

On 3/3/2024 at 2:29 PM, FPMoosally said:

Good grief. If you don't understand the total and complete difference, then you've never been in the Vibe.

Ive been in the Vibe and the post I referenced said EXACTLY what I replied.  A nice lounge chair away from the pool with no kids.  No difference except I would save several hundred dollars.  🙂

On 3/3/2024 at 5:12 PM, UKstages said:

Every one that I have wanted to have a lounger.

On 3/3/2024 at 5:39 PM, vacation44 said:

And with excellent bar service......and the lounge chairs are padded (except on the Encore)

1) I do not drink so it is not an issue.

2) my point was about the original comment about chairs and not at all about bars.

5 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

1) I do not drink so it is not an issue.

2) my point was about the original comment about chairs and not at all about bars.

Got it. 

5 hours ago, NotDutchNotMuch said:

Is Vibe just lounge chairs?

Couches, tables/chairs, daybeds on some, covered cabana things for an additional charge.  Also of course seperate bar with dedicated barservers, hot tubs, bathrooms private to Vibe, water feature for cooling off (that may be Encore only).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Every one that I have wanted to have a lounger.

I'm calling "you know what" on this comment.

I've been on enough cruises to know how difficult it is to find loungers and how it's impossible to avoid all the kids. The info you're providing is completely misleading to the many that read your posts. Especially those that are new to CC and may be looking into Vibe for the first time.

IMO you are part of the 1%.

I've read and watched 100's of reviews over the years from people who've experienced Vibe and I can count on one hand the amount of people that didn't see the value and thoroughly enjoy their experience.

It's the reason that finally, when given the opportunity, I've booked Vibe on Getaway for my April sailing. It's the thing I'm most looking forward to, knowing how much my wife and daughter are going to love it!

According to you all I'm getting for my almost $900 outlay is 3 lounge chairs.

Personally, I'm going to believe the 99% of people that love the Vibe, describe it accurately and are repeat customers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am a person who loves Vibe but can also say I still enjoy my cruises just as much on ships without it. And the vast majority of cruisers on a ship with Vibe can probably say the same thing since Vibe is so limited. I do believe that people really hype Vibe up to the extreme. Some might walk away from these Vibe threads with idea that their cruise will be majorly subpar if they don’t have Vibe passes and start off disappointed before they even set foot on the ship that they didn’t get them. Yes there are people who will not cruise if they don’t get Vibe passes but even that is a minority of Vibe users. Just like there are some people who won’t cruise unless it’s in the Haven or will never book an interior. 

2 hours ago, reeinaz said:

I do believe that people really hype Vibe up to the extreme. Some might walk away from these Vibe threads with idea that their cruise will be majorly subpar if they don’t have Vibe passes and start off disappointed before they even set foot on the ship that they didn’t get them. 

Not those that read the posts stating that it's only about lounge chair availability. 

• 2 weeks later...

Cruising on Prima next January for a 14 day Caribbean itinerary.   Vibe is $329 per person.  Seems like a lot!  The videos are tempting me though.  

We have only cruised once, also Caribbean last month on the Encore.  Vibe was sold out before we even booked.  We attempted to go to the pool a few times, but found it completely overwhelming and it was not worth the trouble to even try to get into the pool or hot tub.  I was sad not to have at least used the hot tubs as I really enjoy them.  Sitting in crowded loungers was not fun for us at all.  We also would never want to claim spots at 7am and walk away from them.  It just seems so entitled.  I'm also a former teacher and don't particularly want to be anywhere near kids any longer unless they are well behaved.   On the Encore we spent a lot of Sea Day afternoons in the couches outside on the deck that had the speciality dining places and hung out a lot in the Observation Lounge and bar area.   

I'm fair skinned, so am not a huge sit in the sun all day person - shade umbrellas are a must.  Husband also needs shade.  We do enjoy cocktails - but are not party party dancing hooting and hollering people.  We love a good bar tender and trying new drinks.  Chill vibe with opportunities to meet small groups of people would be perfect - which I gather can be the case in vibe.    I'm 55, and my husband is 59 - we are retired.  I'm a tad nervous about the reviews I'm reading about crowdedness on the Prima - but I read the same about Encore, and we did not experience that at all.   Do we sound like good Vibe candidates?  

On 12/8/2020 at 12:35 PM, complawyer said:

the haven on any ncl ship is top class, so dont worry about which one is the "best"

your own pool area, sun deck, bar and restaurant, who could ask for anything else.

On 3/5/2024 at 8:31 AM, bkrickles1 said:

I'm calling "you know what" on this comment.

I've been on enough cruises to know how difficult it is to find loungers and how it's impossible to avoid all the kids. The info you're providing is completely misleading to the many that read your posts. Especially those that are new to CC and may be looking into Vibe for the first time.

IMO you are part of the 1%.

I've read and watched 100's of reviews over the years from people who've experienced Vibe and I can count on one hand the amount of people that didn't see the value and thoroughly enjoy their experience.

It's the reason that finally, when given the opportunity, I've booked Vibe on Getaway for my April sailing. It's the thing I'm most looking forward to, knowing how much my wife and daughter are going to love it!

According to you all I'm getting for my almost $900 outlay is 3 lounge chairs.

Personally, I'm going to believe the 99% of people that love the Vibe, describe it accurately and are repeat customers.

I go to the Vibe to be around similar people that see value in what I see of value in. Child free, space, great bartenders, clean bathrooms, and good conversation. If you don’t like the concept, please don’t go and ruin the atmosphere for others. The concept seems to separate us well.  

1 hour ago, FirmBeliever said:

Cruising on Prima next January for a 14 day Caribbean itinerary.   Vibe is $329 per person.  Seems like a lot!  The videos are tempting me though.  

We have only cruised once, also Caribbean last month on the Encore.  Vibe was sold out before we even booked.  We attempted to go to the pool a few times, but found it completely overwhelming and it was not worth the trouble to even try to get into the pool or hot tub.  I was sad not to have at least used the hot tubs as I really enjoy them.  Sitting in crowded loungers was not fun for us at all.  We also would never want to claim spots at 7am and walk away from them.  It just seems so entitled.  I'm also a former teacher and don't particularly want to be anywhere near kids any longer unless they are well behaved.   On the Encore we spent a lot of Sea Day afternoons in the couches outside on the deck that had the speciality dining places and hung out a lot in the Observation Lounge and bar area.   

I'm fair skinned, so am not a huge sit in the sun all day person - shade umbrellas are a must.  Husband also needs shade.  We do enjoy cocktails - but are not party party dancing hooting and hollering people.  We love a good bar tender and trying new drinks.  Chill vibe with opportunities to meet small groups of people would be perfect - which I gather can be the case in vibe.    I'm 55, and my husband is 59 - we are retired.  I'm a tad nervous about the reviews I'm reading about crowdedness on the Prima - but I read the same about Encore, and we did not experience that at all.   Do we sound like good Vibe candidates?  

That's a bargain on a 14 day cruise.  Don't have regrets.  Book the vibe if you still can before it sells out.

bkrickles  get your vibe tickets and enjoy, but why  are  you now responding to a post i wrote over 3 years ag?o it was never my intent to knock the vibe (although personally, i would never use it)

if youre on an ncl ship with the haven complex, i dont think the extra expense is either necessary, or worth it. and i stand by my original post

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, complawyer said:

bkrickles  get your vibe tickets and enjoy, but why  are  you now responding to a post i wrote over 3 years ag?o it was never my intent to knock the vibe (although personally, i would never use it)

if youre on an ncl ship with the haven complex, i dont think the extra expense is either necessary, or worth it. and i stand by my original post

Not me this time! Lol 😂 

I didn't respond to you. 

I think kalypso confused things. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, complawyer said:
3 minutes ago, complawyer said:

bkrickles  get your vibe tickets and enjoy, but why  are  you now responding to a post i wrote over 3 years ag?o

What time zone are you in? Alpha Centauri?

8 hours ago, FirmBeliever said:

Cruising on Prima next January for a 14 day Caribbean itinerary.   Vibe is $329 per person. 

$329 for 14 days is a great deal.  I thought they were up to $269 for 7 mights.

8 hours ago, FirmBeliever said:

Do we sound like good Vibe candidates?  

Your description of what you enjoy and looking for is about as perfect a match for Vibe as there is.  You will love it there!

As for fair skinned and not wanting the sun, I know Viva's Vibe had shade either by umbrella or some permanent structures.  I assume Prima is the same.  We also don't like to be in the sun and we had no problem being comfortable in Viva's Vibe. 

• Like 2