? incentives in rooms

Cruisegirl6

Our last three cruises we were in aqua class and were always given our stateroom key holder and tote.  My question, did we get these items because we were elite members or because we were in aqua class?  Saturday we booked the Beyond, ABC islands which the only choice we had was to take an Oceanview guarantee (or a suite for 15k), just to get on the ship we chose the guarantee.  Would we be provided the stateroom key holders having an Oceanview?  Also, sometimes we were given one and other times two, are we allowed to get one each (there are two of us in the cabins and we found these quite useful, only we cannot find them in our house)?

We usually cruise in regular veranda category cabins (most recently on Constellation in Oct/Nov 2022) and have not gotten one of those keyholders in a long time.  When we cruised in Aqua aboard Solstice this past Dec/Jan, we got a tan keyholder.  So my guess is that you will not receive one if you are in an OV cabin.

we did 2 cruises in 2023 in Aqua and no holder for the seapass card.  No tote. Had to ask. 

Maybe some ships were using up their supply of holders.   Compared to what X used to give you, pretty much nada now

2 hours ago, mahdnc said:

When we cruised in Aqua aboard Solstice this past Dec/Jan, we got a tan keyholder.

Tan? I have never seen a tan keyholder, it has always been grey. We were on the Solstice in Feb. '22 and it was gray. Last month on the Ascent is grey. I get them on every sailing and they are always grey. Very odd. What color was the tote bag? 

PXL_20240222_165419942~2.jpg

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Tan? I have never seen a tan keyholder, it has always been grey. We were on the Solstice in Feb. '22 and it was gray. Last month on the Ascent is grey. I get them on every sailing and they are always grey. Very odd. What color was the tote bag? 

I have black leather ones they gave out in 2015 or so.  Then it was rubber ones that stuck to back of phone and last cruise was grey faux leather!

13 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I have some that are dark blue. Probably pre-2016.

56 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

It might have been gray.  It was a muted color.  The keyholder we got on Xpedition last November was blue (and our key cards had two blue footed boobies printed on it).

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

The keyholder we got on Xpedition last November was blue (and our key cards had two blue footed boobies printed on it).

Wow, customized for the Xpedition. That's nice!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Our last three cruises we were in aqua class and were always given our stateroom key holder and tote.  My question, did we get these items because we were elite members or because we were in aqua class?  Saturday we booked the Beyond, ABC islands which the only choice we had was to take an Oceanview guarantee (or a suite for 15k), just to get on the ship we chose the guarantee.  Would we be provided the stateroom key holders having an Oceanview?  Also, sometimes we were given one and other times two, are we allowed to get one each (there are two of us in the cabins and we found these quite useful, only we cannot find them in our house)?

We are wondering the same somewhat; I looked on this site to investigate. My subjective answer is that X does what it wants. We are Elite Plus Captains Club and on the cruise we currently are on, Sky Suite. We received key holders this go-around, but no fresh fruit, tote bag, flowers on arrival, envelope or acknowledgment of the discounts, canopies…but last cruise, same suite but no key holders; however, we received props for being Captains Club members. Cruises when we were in AQ, received these items. Usually, or in the past Captains Club communicated clearly about the nice additional items b/c of being Elite, or whatever CC status. 

Edited by Mermen
Typo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Wow, customized for the Xpedition. That's nice!

Correction: one blue footed boobie on my Xpedition key card.

image.png.3e202f0704ea83c9614fdafe695e7a83.png

• Like 2