Might Wanna Pack Conditioner

I don’t like packing shampoo, conditioner and soap bc I will just use what’s provided by the hotel/ship and save the room & extra weight for better things. However, on Odyssey, there is just ONE dispenser of soap in the shower called Salt & Breeze and it’s supposed to serve as shampoo and body wash. OK, OK, I get it that the ship is also trying to save on space, but be forewarned that after a week of salt water and whatever, your hair will be screaming for conditioner. Pack accordingly!!! This may seem like a ridiculous post, but believe it or not, there’s folks who love formal night & the photos that go along with it, and do not want to look like David Bowie in Labyrinth. Unless it’s 80s night 😂😂😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Its every ship. Royal has never provided individual that I remember. At 340 loyalty pts or book a suite you get upgraded toiletries. I get a tube of conditioner but still bring my special stuff I use.

All ships on royal have this. All in one everything. Just hit 340 pts lol. Or pack your own. All ships not just the one you were on.

Edited by firefly333

I never go without conditioner, my hair would scream even without saltwater and sun. I wash my hair with conditioner, only use shampoo when it really needs it which isn't often, that said it gets washed at the salon when I get the color done every 4 weeks. It's funny how different everyone is and what is important to them. Hope you enjoyed your cruise, we go in 5 weeks can't wait for it to get here.

You know, the RC cruise before this last one, we had a JS, and I feel like there’s A LOT we got with that as opposed to a balcony. But we did a VV cruise in July and I believe we had nice toiletries.

Oooooo good to know. I haven't packed my own toiletries in ages and I NEED conditioner even when there is no salt water, sun or wind. LOL We are in a junior suite, though, so I need to see if that might come with it. And we usually said Celebrity and I think their balcony cabins had it. I'm glad I know to pack conditioner on RC, though... in addition to all the other darn hari stuff I need to keep the hair in line. LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, cruise1957 said:

I never go without conditioner, my hair would scream even without saltwater and sun. I wash my hair with conditioner, only use shampoo when it really needs it which isn't often, that said it gets washed at the salon when I get the color done every 4 weeks. It's funny how different everyone is and what is important to them. Hope you enjoyed your cruise, we go in 5 weeks can't wait for it to get here.

Gawd, and I was like please tell me this Salt & Breeze is not adding more salt 😳 Lol, we had packed some Argan oil product that kinda did the job but not really 😂 I just wished I had known!!! Yes cruise was amazing and I miss being on the ship very much, frizzy hair and all 😊

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RumRunner01 said:

Oooooo good to know. I haven't packed my own toiletries in ages and I NEED conditioner even when there is no salt water, sun or wind. LOL We are in a junior suite, though, so I need to see if that might come with it. And we usually said Celebrity and I think their balcony cabins had it. I'm glad I know to pack conditioner on RC, though... in addition to all the other darn hari stuff I need to keep the hair in line. LOL

In a JS you will have body wash, shampoo and conditioner all in separate dispensers.

• Like 2

340+ used to get really nice stuff - Gilchrist & Soames or the other brand I can’t recall. 
 Now you get the same crap you get at Motel 6 in a plain white bottle. 
Jason Liberty strikes again 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RumRunner01 said:

JS should have it on the wall in dispensers now. Not tubes. They say mounted on the wall shampoo and conditioner. Not tubes. I get the tubes balcony and below. I've always gotten 4 tubes, until this past harmony. 3 tubes shampoo conditioner and yellow is lotion. 4th was body wash I didnt get last time. 

20240227_173540.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HicksRA said:

340+ used to get really nice stuff - Gilchrist & Soames or the other brand I can’t recall. 

That was long before Liberty.  On ships without the Royal Suite program those white 340 tubes have been around for a long time.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

That was long before Liberty.  On ships without the Royal Suite program those white 340 tubes have been around for a long time.

Come to think of it, you’re right. It was before Liberty. 

I'll back you up on this! 

I have "really easy hair", but I do HAVE TO HAVE good products -- and what the ship offers just ain't it.  I like their all-in-one stuff for body wash (or for washing out a blouse), but it leaves my hair stiff and, well, just icky.  Two small bottles of shampoo /conditioner take up very little space in the suitcase.  I have not tried their shampoo + my own conditioner.  

On the other hand, my husband who has a buzz cut finds it perfectly acceptable.  

• Like 2

What's conditioner??   I see bottles of it in my shower at home too - I assume it's for DW.   For me, I consider it a score if I can find a 3-in-1 that does everything (whatever that means).

Much more efficient.  

😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

My hair care routine is pretty easy BUT i have a certain conditioner that i have to use or my hair will not be good!!! So, i always take a carry size bottle of conditioner. The other products work fine for me.

I must have shampoo and conditioner.  2-in-1 no good.  I do like the bars, however.  Fewer liquids, easier to travel with.  And I have recently conceeded and begun traveling with out body wash and just using what's in the hotel/cruise bathroom.

16 hours ago, HicksRA said:

The L'Occitane products they used to give us were fabulous.  I was bummed when they stopped using that product line.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ajtaylor29 said:

My hair care routine is pretty easy BUT i have a certain conditioner that i have to use or my hair will not be good!!! So, i always take a carry size bottle of conditioner. The other products work fine for me.

What is the certain conditioner??? Need to try

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

The L'Occitane products they used to give us were fabulous.  I was bummed when they stopped using that product line.

Yeah, that’s the other one I couldn’t remember the name. It was good stuff. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SMMRLUVN said:

What is the certain conditioner??? Need to try

well, everybody's hair is different, so i have no idea if this would be good for you or not!! But - i have very fine hair so most conditioners add weight to my hair and any style i try quickly falls flat! I use a product called Infusium Pro 23, it's a clear (looks like water) leave in product that helps untangle but doesn't weigh my hair down. I've used it for years. 

I bring small travel size  bottles of shampoo and conditioner when I travel, but don't always use them.  We always stay in JS (and we're over 340 pts) so we get it automatically.  The Salt +Breeze are actually pretty good products and I use them most of the time.  At home, I use salon products most of the time.

Edited by BND

20 minutes ago, ajtaylor29 said:

well, everybody's hair is different, so i have no idea if this would be good for you or not!! But - i have very fine hair so most conditioners add weight to my hair and any style i try quickly falls flat! I use a product called Infusium Pro 23, it's a clear (looks like water) leave in product that helps untangle but doesn't weigh my hair down. I've used it for years. 

Lol that's the one product I take with me too. I mentioned above I bring one thing ... that's it. Though I'm down to 2 small spray bottles. Do they still sell it. I've been having trouble finding it lately. I spray it on after my shower. And leave in. What a coincidence. 

• Like 1