Star Princess 2025

nasa1974

7 minutes ago, dides said:

There was another announcement today amongst the Sun Princess christening excitement and Sanctuary Collection press release:

Star Princess to sail to Alaska

Also announced today was future plans for Star Princess, Princess’ second ship in its sphere class which recently has her first sailing delayed from 29 July 2025 to 26 September 2025.

Veering away from the news of delays however was Vicki Johnson, the head of communications at Princess Cruises, who unveiled the news that Star Princess will sail to Alaska in 2026 after a debut summer in the Mediterranean and a season in the Caribbean.

and waiting for all the posts about how STAR P is a turrible ship for Alaska ...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

and waiting for all the posts about how STAR P is a turrible ship for Alaska ...

Well unlike the Royal-class ships, the Sphere class funnels can apparently be lowered so they don't have to wait for low tide to depart from Vancouver.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dides said:

Veering away from the news of delays however was Vicki Johnson, the head of communications at Princess Cruises, who unveiled the news that Star Princess will sail to Alaska in 2026 after a debut summer in the Mediterranean and a season in the Caribbean.

More details in another article:

Its Alaska cruises will be bookable from 18 July 2024.

Attending the ceremony, Princess President John Padgett said Star Princess will ‘essentially be a twin to Sun Princess,  ‘with a few tweaks’, adding: “It will be a slightly more refined Sun Princess.”

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

Needed to bump this up from the depths. I heard that there will be a delay of delivery until 9/26/25

what was the original delivery date and have cruises already started to be cancelled?

On 4/23/2024 at 1:23 PM, dides said:

More details in another article:

Its Alaska cruises will be bookable from 18 July 2024.

Attending the ceremony, Princess President John Padgett said Star Princess will ‘essentially be a twin to Sun Princess,  ‘with a few tweaks’, adding: “It will be a slightly more refined Sun Princess.”

Yet here we are on the 18th and no 2026 Alaska cruises

2 hours ago, memoak said:

Yet here we are on the 18th and no 2026 Alaska cruises

What? Princess announces something and then it didnt happen? Cant be! LOL

I love the Princess cruise product so Ive just learned to accept the communication and office product for what it is. 

On 2/29/2024 at 12:16 PM, Sadebud said:

Thank you for starting this thread.  I booked the Star's inaugural TA as a 26 day Barcelona to FLL in October of 2025 while I was onboard the Enchanted TA last November.  Super excited!

We are also booked on TA while on board of the Sun in May. We are booked in one of the mid ship on the hump deck 10.  Living in FL, we like to take TA back home. And we love to spend a few days in Barcelona. 

8 hours ago, dides said:

This was covered earlier in this thread when it was announced back in April

Thanks, dides. How quickly we forget. I saw it on the other site and didn't think about looking back one page. Although this thread was buried pretty deep. Need to start looking for any pictures and info.

Id really be shocked if the Star came to Alaska.  That would basically mean it would be a pacific ship since the south america "round the horn" voyages aren't great sellers - can't see that being done twice every year given that west coast trips other than Alaska are pretty low margin.  Also, not sure there is LNG bunkering available in Seattle or Vancouver.  Maybe I'm wrong, but there's an infrastructure required and I don't know if that's available currently.

However, all that said, the current Alaska capacity in 2024 and 2025 is nearly 20k beds for princess.  Based on where the ships are in March of 2026, it looks like princess will only have 15k or so not committed to Europe or other Atlantic intineraries in summer of 2026

There could be another delay due to the pending law/code in Juneau limiting ships on weekends.  if that goes through princess (and other lines) will need to have a contingency plan for their mid week departures from Vancouver/Whittier.

I had a S9 for the Nov10/25 Star cruise- just changed it to a Vista suite that includes premier package for less $ then the S9.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dog said:

I had a S9 for the Nov10/25 Star cruise- just changed it to a Vista suite that includes premier package for less $ then the S9.

That date is offereing a solo S9 at $2549.  That is a great price!

On 7/20/2024 at 11:35 AM, cruisingrob21 said:

I stand corrected - Princess is confirming that the Star will sail alaska in 2026

Yes, and I booked a September 2026 sailing on her. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

That date is offereing a solo S9 at $2549.  That is a great price!

I got the Vista suite for less then a DO- aft

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Princess have posted on X about the new madrina for Star Princess - the female third engineer on Sun Princess - video can be found on the link here:

Today, we're thrilled to announce another "first"!  Chiara del Vecchio, our exceptional third engineer on #SunPrincess, has been named the madrina of #StarPrincess, our newest Sphere Class ship debuting in 2025. She is the first member of our technical team to hold this esteemed role.

As a madrina, Chiara will uphold a time-honored maritime tradition later this month by smashing the ceremonial bottle of champagne during Star Princess' float-out at the Fincantieri shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy, symbolizing good fortune and safe travels for everyone on board.  

Congratulations, Chiara! We're honored to have you make history with us.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Are you going on the inaugural, or should I say, the hopeful inaugural?

Almost, we are booked on the TA for my milestone birthday but have an alternative booking so could swap over 😄

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, dides said:

Almost, we are booked on the TA for my milestone birthday but have an alternative booking so could swap over 😄

You’re like the third person I know of including myself who has booked a backup 🙂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dides said:

In the Southampton PR event on Sun Princess today, John Padgett has said they will be basing Star Princess on the Sun and will be minimizing changes.  

They need to maximize changes!  So many issues on the Sun.😳