Passport turnaround

Hi, I thought I would let everyone know what current Passport turnaround it... We mailed off our renewals on Jan 29th and received our new passports back on Feb 26. We even received our old passports on March 1st.  Less than 4 weeks to get our renewals....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

9 hours ago, CruznMooses said:

Hi, I thought I would let everyone know what current Passport turnaround it... We mailed off our renewals on Jan 29th and received our new passports back on Feb 26. We even received our old passports on March 1st.  Less than 4 weeks to get our renewals....

Did you do expedited or regular service?  Thx

Thanks, good to know. I have a cruise late April and then a cruise early October. My passport expires the end of October, so I plan on sending in my renewal early May.

I am experiencing a lengthy delay with my Global Entry renewal.  It expired in June of 2023.  I processed the renewal in March of 2023.  

It is still showing "Pending Review"

I understand benefits have been extended by 24 months.  Hopefully it will still work when I fly in late April/early May.

A bit frustrated.

B

Another recent instance of a shockingly quick turnaround.

My wife recently applied for her first passport. The application was made Friday, 16 February, from central Mississippi. The Department of State received the application materials the following Wednesday, 21 February. Her passport arrived this past Friday, 1 March. No rush processing or anything, only two weeks from application to delivery.

Recently had to renew 2 (one needed an adult passport, the other needed to renew) and replace 1 (wife's). We got them back in less than 4 weeks, including the old passports and birth certificate, after being told 5-8 weeks. It's certainly best to give yourself 2-3 months, but the turn-around is pretty quick right now. We don't sail until July and I insisted on doing them in February because if I left it up to my wife, she would've waited until the end of May and I wasn't gonna have all that nonsense 😄

• Haha 1

No way to know.  

My husband and I sent ours out on the same day -- no difference in our applications.  His zipped back in two weeks.  Mine took something like 12 weeks.  It's a mystery.

Posted (edited)

One Piece of Advice (which I didn't follow🙁)

When applying for or renewing your US passport, request the large one with 52 pages.  If you plan to travel much over the next 10 years, it's easy protection to avoid having to renew early because you ran out of pages.  Don't forget, many countries require multiple blank passport pages. I just renewed mine, and I forgot to check the box.

Edited by mnocket

Ironically received Conditional Approval of my Global Entry renewal this week.  It took 12 months.  Required an interview for the renewal. 

Found an opening for an interview in Austin available on Sunday.  About a 2 hour drive from where I live.  I want to get it done because I return from Vancouver in May.  Don't want any issues.

At least I'll be set for a few years.

B 

• 2 weeks later...

My family's passport applications were received in Philadelphia on January 31st. They were sent as regular service. I received notification on February 28th that they were completed and being sent back to me. They were sent from the Portsmouth New Hampshire facility and arrived on March 2nd. 

We had people in our party for our upcoming cruise apply for a new passport and some that applied for renewal. In both cases they were processed in about 3 weeks. None of them asked for expedited service. (And that is a very good tip on getting the passport with additional pages, just in case. It used to be they would add them at no charge, now if your passport fills up you need to get it renewed.)