Limited sizes for toiletries and such?

We are preparing for our first cruise ever this May on Celebrity Edge.  My husband thinks he read somewhere (on the Celebrity site) that you can only bring toiletries that fit in a quart sized ziplock.  

are there limits to the sizes you can bring on a cruise ship like there are for airplanes?  We are driving to the port so won’t be flying in.  Also, can we bring an aerosol  bug spray?  He thinks he saw somewhere that you can’t have that either.  

thank you! 

2 minutes ago, Octavias said:

We are preparing for our first cruise ever this May on Celebrity Edge.  My husband thinks he read somewhere (on the Celebrity site) that you can only bring toiletries that fit in a quart sized ziplock.  

are there limits to the sizes you can bring on a cruise ship like there are for airplanes?  We are driving to the port so won’t be flying in.  Also, can we bring an aerosol  bug spray?  He thinks he saw somewhere that you can’t have that either.  

thank you! 

No limit, as long as you can carry it.  They do supply shampoo, body wash and lotion in each suite though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Octavias said:

thank you! 

He is reading restrictions that have to do with flying and the TSA limitations. The cruise ships have no such limitations for size or the type of spray you can bring.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

While there will be shampoo, soap and such in your stateroom, many folks bring their preferred brands on board.  You can bring what ever size you want to lug around.  Also, if you run out of the Celebrity supplied toiletries your stateroom attendant will resupply.

You can also bring aerosol bug spray, but personally I find the pre-moistened intellect  repellant wipes to be much easier.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

You can also bring aerosol bug spray, but personally I find the pre-moistened intellect  repellant wipes to be much easier.

From the behaviors I have seen on board, especially when people are using elevators, I think that your intellect repellent might be working🤔

• Haha 7

9 minutes ago, GatorMomInNC said:

do they provide body wash for certain?  I don't like using bar soap and I will bring my own body wash if not a standard amenity in a non-suite cabin (on the Eclipse).

If you have a body wash you like bring it with you.  We do not like the shampoo or body wash that is provided.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, GatorMomInNC said:

do they provide body wash for certain?  I don't like using bar soap and I will bring my own body wash if not a standard amenity in a non-suite cabin (on the Eclipse).

Yes they do.  All cabins are provided, I know it's Bigelow in the suites on Summit and Edge but not sure if the same brand or not on Eclipse.  Luckily I can use any brand and not botherd, it's great not having to pack it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bring as much of your personal toiletries in any size you wish on board.  Celebrity has diluted the quality of their bath products in the recent past, so the products are cheap and watered down.  Being a bit snarky here, I wonder if they use the same product for all liquid toiletries regardless of shampoo, hand soap, or body wash.

There's no restriction on any kind of aerosol, like insect repellent.

• Like 2

Size isn't really an issue. We find the products on board to generally be fine. I think DW tends to bring her own conditioner. I'm all but bald, so not really an issue.

Neither of us find the products on board watered down or sub par. Admittedly our last cruises have been in the retreat. The body wash and shampoo are on par with a high end Marriott/Hilton hotel. I wear contacts, so I normally hit a CVS/Walgreens or if I'm lucky a Target the night before boarding to grab full sized contact lens products. Never had an issue.

With a little luck, you'll find a Willamette Pinot Noir and/or Chardonnay on Edge and feel at home. Unfortunately, you'll probably have to pay full price for them 😱!

And I agree, have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, markeb said:

With a little luck, you'll find a Willamette Pinot Noir and/or Chardonnay on Edge and feel at home. Unfortunately, you'll probably have to pay full price for them 😱!

And I agree, have a wonderful cruise!

We’ve heard you can bring a bottle or two with you from home.  Maybe we will try that.  Thank you for the well wishes!  😊

44 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Do they have conditioner in the bathrooms as well?  And, is the hand soap a bar or a pump dispenser variety?

In AQ Class on Ascent it was all CO Bigelow pump btls but we asked for extra bar soaps to use in the shower.

The products provided were shampoo, conditioner, body wash and body lotion. I bring my own trvl size hair products.

4 hours ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Do they have conditioner in the bathrooms as well?  And, is the hand soap a bar or a pump dispenser variety?

Hand soap for the lavatories in the cabin are bar soap. Bodywash for shower. You can ask for as many bars of soap as you need. 

On 3/3/2024 at 6:50 PM, WestLakeGirl said:

He is reading restrictions that have to do with flying and the TSA limitations. The cruise ships have no such limitations for size or the type of spray you can bring.

Agreed...this has to do with *carry-on* luggage on air flights.  Pack what you want in regular checked luggage.