The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday March 4th, 2024

kazu

Nancy @ottahand7 I'm glad you got through your procedure and aren't in too bad of pain though that sounds like quite an incision.  Good luck to you while healing. 🙏  Hope the paperwork can be completed very soon on the truck so you can pick it up.  Always exciting to get a new vehicle!🛻

Roy @rafinmd excellent news today from the oncologist!  We like routine doctor visits around here.

We got a call from DGD Morgan today and she sounded so happy.  She has finally found the right place for her move so we have some paperwork and fund transferring to do tomorrow.  She sounded so excited to find a nice complex, with a clean unit and a much safer area.  Only 20 minutes from the Aquarium and not far from her final class.  Graduation is in 2 months.  She can move in next Monday.  She has no furniture but things will work out somehow.  As long as she's happy and safe.❤️

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Weather update from my corner of the US. It's now blue skies, sunshine and up to 40F. The snow is melting so fast off the roof that the downspouts are having a hard time keeping up and the water is overflowing the eaves leaving me to think I've got waterfalls! 

I did get the cookies made, the dishwasher is running, and I'm going through old bills before shredding to find the ones from the last care facility DD DH was in. I'm still getting Explanations of Benefits from Primera saying that they are sending the care facility money and, since I had to pay out of pocket, I should be getting that money back. So far it hasn't happened but I'll keep bugging them! 

Have a good rest of the day. 

Karen

• Like 19

17 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Nancy @ottahand7 I'm glad you got through your procedure and aren't in too bad of pain though that sounds like quite an incision.  Good luck to you while healing. 🙏  Hope the paperwork can be completed very soon on the truck so you can pick it up.  Always exciting to get a new vehicle!🛻

Roy @rafinmd excellent news today from the oncologist!  We like routine doctor visits around here.

We got a call from DGD Morgan today and she sounded so happy.  She has finally found the right place for her move so we have some paperwork and fund transferring to do tomorrow.  She sounded so excited to find a nice complex, with a clean unit and a much safer area.  Only 20 minutes from the Aquarium and not far from her final class.  Graduation is in 2 months.  She can move in next Monday.  She has no furniture but things will work out somehow.  As long as she's happy and safe.❤️

That is excellent news for Morgan and wonderful how you are helping your dear granddaughter Sandi.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

That is excellent news for Morgan and wonderful how you are helping your dear granddaughter Sandi.

Thank you Graham.  We feel blessed to have 6 wonderful grandchildren who are smart, love their family, well behaved and all pursuing an education (or already graduated from college).  What more can you ask for?  She didn't deserve what happened to her just before Christmas.  No one does really.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

ACE Hardware in Blythe sold it as a Hula Hoe many, many years ago.  It's amazing how something is called so  many different things in different parts of the country.

Lenda

Hula Hoe may have been a brand name. A trademark for Hula Ho (no e) was filed in 1959 but cancelled in 2001. Similar hoes are still on the market under both names.

Lee Valley Hardware describes the no-e version: "In production for over 60 years, this oscillating hoe is an outstanding cultivating tool that runs just below the soil surface to slice weeds off at the root. It gets its unusual name from the slight wiggle in the blade – as you push it back and forth, the double-edged forged steel blade automatically sets itself at the correct cutting angle in each direction, so the backward stroke is just as effective as the forward stroke."

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 0106 said:

Good afternoon from the beautiful Nieuw Statendam as we sail towards Ocho Rios. The sea day activities have been a bit different than what I experienced in the past but I found it truly enjoyable. Prior to lunch they taught some line dances by the Seaview pool, although I did not participate, it was extremely amusing to watch. After lunch, they had trivia by the Seaview pool, music from the 50s and 60s. It was very fun to watch people sing-along, and dance to the music. Jose, the entertainment Director, has done a wonderful job and I have had a pleasant afternoon. Time for a nap before dressy night.

Sending you peace and all good wishes.

Glad you are having a good time!  I have a few questions if you have the time for a bit of research - I noticed spaghetti carbonara on the Lido late snack menu, and I wondered if the Italian chef on board was our friend from Victoria - Cesare?  He was on the NS in 2022.  Also wondered who the Cellar Master is?  If you are busy having fun, don't worry about my requests, fun is much more important, and we'll be on board in a month and will look into it for ourselves...

• Like 7

2 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Weather update from my corner of the US. It's now blue skies, sunshine and up to 40F. The snow is melting so fast off the roof that the downspouts are having a hard time keeping up and the water is overflowing the eaves leaving me to think I've got waterfalls! 

I did get the cookies made, the dishwasher is running, and I'm going through old bills before shredding to find the ones from the last care facility DD DH was in. I'm still getting Explanations of Benefits from Primera saying that they are sending the care facility money and, since I had to pay out of pocket, I should be getting that money back. So far it hasn't happened but I'll keep bugging them! 

Karen

We're getting your snow now!  Suddenly, everything is coated with white.  I'd better bring in my tender hanging fuchsia...

• Like 9

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

@StLouisCruisers, Sandi, I am so happy to hear your DGD found a better area and apartment. I hope she starts to feel better soon.

Thank you Terry, it will be a relief for her when she doesn't have to get out of her car and walk into that stairwell again!

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I wondered if the Italian chef on board was our friend from Victoria - Cesare?  He was on the NS in 2022.  Also wondered who the Cellar Master is?

I will try to find out for you.  If Cesar’s is on board I will tell him you ask about him but unfortunately do not remember your name or your husbands.  (I know I should but unfortunately I just recognize people by their screen names.  Sorry.)

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, 0106 said:

I will try to find out for you.  If Cesar’s is on board I will tell him you ask about him but unfortunately do not remember your name or your husbands.  (I know I should but unfortunately I just recognize people by their screen names.  Sorry.)

We are Ann and Pat, and have enjoyed Cesare’s spaghetti carbonara on a couple of cruises!  He is quite a character.  The last time was on the Viking Passage in 2022, before that I think maybe it was on Prinsendam. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I just read a disturbing thread on Royal Caribbean ( I will be checking under the bed and sink ) about a now jailed crew member who planted a camera in the cabin bathroom and hid under the bed to watch it. 
I hope they fry him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

It has been a quiet and dreary day as we steam to Airlee Beach, Queensland. It’s Italian Themed night in Windows (Lido) so we may opt for pasta followed by our guest entertainer.

We will visit some interesting and new ports of call this segment. Thanks for the reports and post. Was happy to see Baby Murphy finally leaving hospital. Bruce

image.jpeg.9bf470b3535b588d14763736ebe0f325.jpeg

• Like 13

Good evening to all of the Daily organizers and all the loyal followers  . It was an amazing but very busy day here in SW Ontario it made it up to 19 C so this was a sign to go out and start cleaning up the garden a bit . I would love to show some of the pictures from our day in Alicante when we were last there in April 2019 . 
 On one of the Prinsendam’s last cruises for HAL we landed in Alicante and I had set up a double walking tour with a very good guide first we went to Castillo de Santa Barbara  and afterwards we did some nice walking around the town itself . In our nice group there were also Jacqui and Jose @kazu

A distinct view of the Castillo from sea level , for most of the way up we used the elevator however the last few and quite steep hundreds of meters we climbed ourselves.

300440879_DSCN92352.thumb.JPG.a7e0ea680e954bec937f106cacf3ee89.JPG

DSCN9240.thumb.JPG.f1da0581584c3ad1b6496d0a94d0f35d.JPG

It was a beautiful clear and very warm day , and we had great views from up there ! 

DSCN9255.thumb.JPG.2ae8147c0e825672e8461dd65a3b5cd0.JPG

DSCN9271.thumb.jpg.1242629c78343d5c060ce327d7c49155.jpg

We had to find shade wherever we could to listen to the many stories of our guide , also of the horrible years under Generalissimo  Franco  when many prisoners were imprisoned here 

DSCN9247.thumb.JPG.f2fc5df0f2b8a8348695b2330e3b6d31.JPG

DSCN9249.thumb.JPG.000cf7e5ed93a18782e6ab9bd6fefbda.JPG

DSCN9252.thumb.JPG.bdadb74bcc1610f65bb9d3ad7fce6eef.JPG

DSCN9256.thumb.JPG.0ff6dfdbfc05b12469f2223bb0f4175c.JPG

DSCN9259.thumb.JPG.80a10894a6556eb3e0b4e98223dab4aa.JPG

Beautiful architecture in the downtown 

DSCN9274.thumb.jpg.f1586bcc78f66dce13398fb75e57d1d4.jpg

DSCN9281.thumb.jpg.c90504c9729ae9be23d631cffde31028.jpg

DSCN9279.thumb.jpg.5fdc1538509909ce9d1afc9e3217d85a.jpg

The Mercado Central 

DSCN9286.thumb.JPG.fc58d96de2548a48affe71d475aad4df.JPG

DSCN9288.thumb.JPG.66df71863111dcfb05ad861510ae54b4.JPG

DSCN9296.thumb.JPG.99157bfecea447e18200e6df276d4fe5.JPG

All the food in the market made us hungry and thirsty 

Always the gentleman.......

DSCN9292.thumb.JPG.e629d85db86e5e0de273077253a82991.JPG

DSCN9294.thumb.JPG.397dd40d1c4879502b8e7e69b9eabba2.JPG

One of my favourite pictures of the day  “ Who is leading who ?” 

DSCN9295.thumb.JPG.6797c534e6769546bd394df2d9c521ca.JPG

DSCN9304.thumb.jpg.ca2fe9c0faf139966335c53a699b1847.jpg

DSCN9305.thumb.JPG.6e1efac4c478c85bc0c1f57cdd341dc3.JPG

Just stay in the shade 

DSCN9307.thumb.jpg.b027a7e3cd69490647de8e4020739cf5.jpg

There also is a story about this image of face in the rock ……..

DSCN9310.thumb.jpg.e960ae097c1c2b741ef29a5f8c1ec46a.jpg

DSCN9312.thumb.JPG.8790ba4bfb0da8170612410887e300a2.JPG

3.15 time to get out of the heat and go back Home to the Prinsendam  and drink a nice cold beer , but a very nice day was had by all in Alicante , Spain ! 

DSCN9313.thumb.JPG.3f43107f2ff6f65c1bcac32e9ce6273a.JPG

Tony 😄
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 4

If you owe something to the public library (in Worcester, Mass.) there is new value in your cat photos.

The Worcester Public Library in Massachusetts announced that people who have lost or damaged a book can bring a picture of a cat this month to one of its branches and get their library cards reactivated. The program, which it calls March Meowness, has generated hundreds of returns in just a few days.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/04/us/massachusetts-library-fines-cat-picture.html?smid=em-share

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sandi, that is great news your DGD found a place she likes in a safe area.  Temporarily, she could always use a card table and an air mattress.  I know the family is relieved, too.

6 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Karen

Karen, I'm glad your weather is improving.  I hope you get reimbursed bynthe care facility soon.

Lenda

• Like 7

2 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I just read a disturbing thread on Royal Caribbean ( I will be checking under the bed and sink ) about a now jailed crew member who planted a camera in the cabin bathroom and hid under the bed to watch it. 
I hope they fry him.

This is awful. Mind you, I don’t think that kind of predator would consider HAL as his hunting ground of choice.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

@Haljo1935 I love your photo of the solo cat looking imperiously down on you.  I always love to include the local creatures in my travel photos.  

I love seeing the locals, glad you enjoy them.

There were quite a few cats there. That one was funny - it was like it was standing guard for me and when I came back up the steps, off it went - guard job complete, lol.

These were up at the front, near the big statue.

20240304_065441.thumb.jpg.4c3cc6670abbe0c49242972be3214364.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I hope they fry him.

Eek! I hope the scum bag has bad days ahead.

• Like 6

Very early in the morning.  Up to take Chuck to the surgery.  So I may not post early on today's Daily.  Hugs to all.

We showed up to get our taxes done at 2, which is the time I showed on their computer when I stopped by to let them know that we couldnt email back two weeks ago.  Turns out they changed our time to 8 am. So we missed our appointment.  Had to reschedule.  and our tax guy that I had seen for more than 20 years?  He retired.  I was not a a happy camper yesterday.  Yes they emailed me, but the header said, you are all set for your appointment, so I didnt read the emails.  If the header had said, your time has been changed, please verify, It would have had a different outcome.Ah I love the lack of the ability to actually communicate correctly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

Just now, marshhawk said:

Very early in the morning.  Up to take Chuck to the surgery.  So I may not post early on today's Daily.  Hugs to all.

We showed up to get our taxes done at 2, which is the time I showed on their computer when I stopped by to let them know that we couldnt email back two weeks ago.  Turns out they changed our time to 8 am. So we missed our appointment.  Had to reschedule.  and our tax guy that I had seen for more than 20 years?  He retired.  I was not a a happy camper yesterday.  Yes they emailed me, but the header said, you are all set for your appointment, so I didnt read the emails.  If the header had said, your time has been changed, please verify, It would have had a different outcome.Ah I love the lack of the ability to actually communicate correctly.

🙏 for a successful surgery for Chucks surgery.

• Like 6