Stay or Change?

Two weeks ago we booked April 27 on the Beyond but blue chip did not offer aqua class or concierge on this sailing so they created a comp Oceanview.  There was only one cabin available Oceanview guarantee which we took just to get on the ship.  We are watching daily to see if a cabin opens up to upgrade.  My question, many people are talking about the Beyond and cabin creaking noises all night long.  Should we keep the Oceanview guarantee as nobody complains about creaking noises in the Oceanview rooms or should we chance upgrading to a verandah and possibly get a creaking cabin?  Also, do you feel that the cruise line could upgrade us to a verandah (with possibility of having a creaking cabin) or can we just let them know we only want the Oceanview stateroom?  Any thoughts?

BTW thank you for clarifying from your prior post.  Hard to say whether or not you should upgrade as I think it is pretty much a crap shoot as to which staterooms are affected and which are not.  There are 1,649 staterooms on Beyond and I think the problem is random, so IMO the odds are pretty low that you would be assigned one of the affected staterooms.  But who knows?

Also, I don't if Blue Chip bookings - perhaps based on tier status? - would have different outcomes for upgrading GTY's beyond the initial category in which it is booked.  Others with direct experiences would have to respond.  But I do know that with standard GTY bookings, as I mentioned before, the odds are very slim to none that it would occur.

1 minute ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Yes, changed the title because did not receive any help/answers.

That could be because you are asking a question that has no clear answer.  

6 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

BTW thank you for clarifying from your prior post.  Hard to say whether or not you should upgrade as I think it is pretty much a crap shoot as to which staterooms are affected and which are not.  There are 1,649 staterooms on Beyond and I think the problem is random, so IMO the odds are pretty low that you would be assigned one of the affected staterooms.  But who knows?

Also, I don't if Blue Chip bookings - perhaps based on tier status? - would have different outcomes for upgrading GTY's beyond the initial category in which it is booked.  Others with direct experiences would have to respond.  But I do know that with standard GTY bookings, as I mentioned before, the odds are very slim to none that it would occur.

Hello, this is why I changed the title, my original post was confusing.  That is good news that I won't be upgraded, I rather have an Oceanview room with no creaking than risking having a verandah with creaking.  Its funny, I cannot sleep at all even with the slightest of any noise or even light.  I always been this way.

44 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello, this is why I changed the title, my original post was confusing.  That is good news that I won't be upgraded, I rather have an Oceanview room with no creaking than risking having a verandah with creaking.  Its funny, I cannot sleep at all even with the slightest of any noise or even light.  I always been this way.

No guarantee any category of cabin won't have some structural noise. No matter the ship, ship class or cabin type. But you are a gambler. You should book an inside if you want a cabin darker than the inside of a cow. 

31 minutes ago, doghog said:

No guarantee any category of cabin won't have some structural noise. No matter the ship, ship class or cabin type. But you are a gambler. You should book an inside if you want a cabin darker than the inside of a cow. 

Really must you be that sardonic, really??  You should relook into your attitude, it is not nice, try to find a place in your heart to be kind, you feel good about it when you try it.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Really must you be that sardonic, really??  You should relook into your attitude, it is not nice, try to find a place in your heart to be kind, you feel good about it when you try it.

Not one thing I said was sardonic in anyway. Maybe you are just to sensitive.