Choose your favorite current HAL ship!!!

Choose your favorite current HAL Ship!  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favorite!!!

• Zaandam
    • Volendam
    • Oosterdam
    • Westerdam
    • Zuiderdam
    • Noordam
    • Eurodam
    • Nieuw Amsterdam
    • Koningsdam
    • Nieuw Statendam
    • Rotterdam

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

Gosh Noordam isn’t feeling any love! 

I really like the Noordam but it’s been a long time since I was on it.  It is cozy and unique.  Does it still have the Oak Room?

Edited by oaktreerb

I have been on 64 cruises on 6 different cruise lines and my favorite 3 ships are the newest HAL ships, the Koningsdam, Rotterdam and the Nieuw Statendam. I find very little difference in these 3 ships except that the Koningsdam has the giant LED screens surrounding the showroom and these usually have some excellent movies with fascinating scenes from around the world.

Celebrity is my next favorite cruise line but only on their older ships. Down the line are Carnival Norwegian, Royal Caribbean and MSC but only on their older ships because I dread traveling on a ship with over 4000 passengers. 

• Like 6

Like others have said my favorite one is the one I'm on. I love the ships that have the real Promenade Deck on sea days that is our favorite place to spent the day reading, watching & listening to the sound of the water rushing by. 

On 3/5/2024 at 4:05 AM, kelliebiz said:

I chose the next dam ship I’ll be sailing on 🛳️ 

Last was the Rotterdam. The next 2 cruises on dam ships are both on the Nieuw Statendam. So I think my favorite dam ship right now is the Nieuw Statendam.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

I really like the Noordam but it’s been a long time since I was on it.  It is cozy and unique.  Does it still have the Oak Room?

No longer a closed off cigar smoking room, but I swear I could still get a whiff from those well permeated surfaces now in its former location.

Noordam  was a lovely ship after a recent 21 days on board - main dining room Chihuly ceiling a little more flamboyant than the older S class glass sculpture ceilings, but a nice locally sourced addition for this Seattle-based company. Love her broad, teak promenade deck with plenty of loungers.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2024 at 1:48 PM, boeckli said:

I chose Noordam as I'm currently on it 😃 and have booked another one. 

I don't know if it's my favorite dam ship, but we choose cruises based on itinerary and our last two cruises were on Noordam and our next cruise is going to be on Noordam.  This ship's beginning to feel like home.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Can I say the ms Amsterdam even though shes now with Fred Olsen Cruise Line?  I know the other R class ships were similar but the Amsterdam was special.

Of the current fleet I'm torn between the Eurodam and the Koningsdam

Edited by cruisingrob21

On 3/5/2024 at 8:52 PM, *Miss G* said:

I went ahead and chose the Rotterdam because it’s my next ship.  I haven’t sailed on it, yet, but I’m an optimist.  🙃

Same here!

• Like 1