Sun Princess Signature suite questions answered!

Posted (edited)

Okay, so I might regret this but…

Since the Signature Collection experience of a “ship within a ship” concept is new to Princess, we all have a lot of questions. Since there are still a few cruises before I board, there might be people posting more information between now and then so it may become clear in the next few weeks. But so far I have been underwhelmed by the information here. (And I will NOT talk about the D0 cabin controversy!)

So ask your SIGNATURE ONLY questions here and I will do my best to answer them. I will NOT answer them while on my cruise but will do a recap when I get home. 

And I really hope by posting this that I have not condemned myself to a life on cruise critic hell. 

Carry on…

Edited by Sox Fan Cruiser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2

• Sox Fan Cruiser changed the title to Sun Princess Signature suite questions answered!

I guess it's "fair" that those who pay more get special treatment. I get it. However, this is something we have, up until now, appreciated about Princess: There were no "special" people. A blue card in an inside was just as "special" as a black card in a suite.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Already regretting I tried to help spread some information.  Social media sucks. Even Cruise Critic. More of these and I’m shutting this down and not helping. 

Edited by Sox Fan Cruiser
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

I guess it's "fair" that those who pay more get special treatment. I get it. However, this is something we have, up until now, appreciated about Princess: There were no "special" people. A blue card in an inside was just as "special" as a black card in a suite.

It’s not about being “special”, it’s about paying more money and getting more amenities in return. I mean airlines have had classes of service for like forever, hotels have suites with different amenities, the more expensive the car is that you buy it either is made of higher grade materials and/or has more included features…that’s just the way the world turns. Why fault people for being able to afford something you apparently can’t or choose not to spend money on? This ship was designed with these suites and exclusive areas so it’s not like it was already operating and then they took areas away from everyone to access and restricted them to suite guests only. Don’t like it then pick a ship or a cruise line that doesn’t have areas of the ship restricted to certain cabin categories.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 10

47 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Why fault people for being able to afford something you apparently can’t or choose not to spend money on?

I don't believe I "faulted" anyone. I did say I understand paying more and getting more. I simply said that, up until now, we have enjoyed the egalitarian way things have been on Princess.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, sewgood said:

I'm interested to know if the suite area in the Sanctuary is an extra cost per day or is it included in the price of a suite.

It’s included

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would love to know how the Sanctuary area works.  Are you able to have loungers reserved?  I’m talking about the suite area of the Sanctuary.  Thank you so much. Hope you have a fantastic cruise.  We booked S9 for our Mediterranean cruise late summer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sewgood said:

I'm interested to know if the suite area in the Sanctuary is an extra cost per day or is it included in the price of a suite.

The Signature Sun Deck (“suite area in the Sanctuary”) is included in the price for all S0, S2, S4, and S9 rooms.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for starting this thread and for any information you can give after your cruise! We have never sailed in a suite before, and decided to splurge on one for our 20th anniversary on the Sun.  I want to take advantage of everything we can since it might just be a "once in a lifetime" expereince for us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Would love to know if the Orange Juice is freshly squeezed in the Signature Restaurant at breakfast on Sun. On Sky and Enchanted it was delicious in the Suite breakfast in Sabatini’s. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for offering to do this!

I'm interested in how the signature experience compares to the general suite experience on other princess ships.

For example, wondering how the signature restaurant will "feel" compared to the quiet privacy of breakfast in Sabatini's (where we rarely are seated within 5 tables of anyone else) or the clubby vibe of the reserve dining area on Enchanted.

Also wondering all the same things as everyone else about how the sanctuary/suite sun deck operate.  And wondering if the location and amenities of the sun deck make up for lack of suites with large aft balconies.

Finally, will be looking forward to hearing how you utilize the concierge club.  Does it feel friendly and like a good place to hang out?  Are the happy hours fun?  Is it more crowded with such easy access on the suite decks?

Looking forward to hearing all your thoughts!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for volunteering to provide answers in this topic.  I am interested to learn about the Specialty Restaurant experience on the first night (which I believe is one of the Signature amenities)  - any issue getting the time and place you want ? .

Like many, also curious about the Signature area of the Sanctuary 

lastly (for now?) I heard that parts of the Signature Restaurant was noisy due to entertainment in the Piazza.  I wonder if that will change once all the venues are open.  

many thanks again 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

All good questions so far.  Occasionally, I will post the full list of questions so far.  If I "like" you post that confirms that i saw it and added to my list.

I will definitely be doing an overall comparison to the suite experience on other Princess ships (which is lacking at best) and the suite experience on Celebrity (which I love!).  I have very high expectations for the suite experience on the Sun to rival X and be much better than my Princess suite experience to date.  I'll let you know.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

18 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Okay, so I might regret this but…

Since the Signature Collection experience of a “ship within a ship” concept is new to Princess, we all have a lot of questions. Since there are still a few cruises before I board, there might be people posting more information between now and then so it may become clear in the next few weeks. But so far I have been underwhelmed by the information here. (And I will NOT talk about the D0 cabin controversy!)

So ask your SIGNATURE ONLY questions here and I will do my best to answer them. I will NOT answer them while on my cruise but will do a recap when I get home. 

And I really hope by posting this that I have not condemned myself to a life on cruise critic hell. 

Carry on…

Brave, Brave man! But you are from MA so I expect nothing less! 🤣🤣

18 hours ago, Thrak said:

Suite passengers have always had Sabatini’s breakfast and club class / Reserve dining. However I would not like separate bars etc. I bet we may never sail on this class ship 

4 hours ago, RoperDK said:

I am interested in knowing how the Signature restaurant menu differs from the Reserve restaurant and/or the MDR. Thanks for helping us out! 

This is my number one question. As well as a confirmation of the exact pricing for cabanas in the Sanctuary and how all that works with suite guests vs. paid guests and capacity/reservations.

• Like 1

This is what I have so far.  Keep 'em coming!!

(Doesn't copy as nice as it looks in Word but you get the idea)

Signature Collection Questions

·       Overall experience

·       Sanctuary/Sun Deck

o   Overall experience

o   Aft view

o   Cost? 

o   Reserve Loungers? 

o   Access to main area of Sanctuary? 

o   Sit in main area if Signature area is full? 

o   Food? 

o   Bar?

o   Price of cabanas?  Suites get first choice?  Reservation process.

o   Afternoon tea?

·       Signature Restaurant

o   Menu

o   Different from Reserve Restaurant

o   Different from Main Dining Room

o   Breakfast

o   Different each day

o   Fresh squeezed orange juice

o   Noise from the Piazza

·       Signature Lounge

o   Overall experience

o   Bar Service

o   Concierge

o   Crowded?

o   Happy hours?

o   Entertainment

·       Misc

o   Aft elevators

o   Special Restaurant first night – book onboard (SOXFAN: If I try to book it on the app it is charging my credit card so I don’t want to do that.  I like to go to the suite dining room the first night to “report in”. But I will ask)

• Thanks 6

Thank you so much for doing this; from seeing the menu in the Signature Restaurant I gather they are now charging for the mimosas?😪

7 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Thank you so much for doing this; from seeing the menu in the Signature Restaurant I gather they are now charging for the mimosas?😪

Noooooo! The horror!  🙂  (but still covered by the drink package I assume)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Noooooo! The horror!  🙂  (but still covered by the drink package I assume)

I think so, so we're still good, but ohhh the humanity!!!

• Haha 4