River Cruise brand Partners

Debbie C

I would like to establish a relationship with a river cruise company where my credits can also be applied to possible land tours. For example, Avalon is owed by Globus. What other companies have an umbrella of companies ?

Viking does both Ocean and River Ships, but no land tours that I know of. Tauck does both land & river, as well as small ships. Grand Circle is connected to OAT, but the two websites don't "link" so not sure if credits would apply.

I don't know if any of the above do transfer credits, as we only sail with Avalon. There may be others, but those are the ones I can think of at the moment.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Debbie C said:

Daisi, how do you like Avalon? Have you traveled on any Globus tours?

We love Avalon. I chose them because they are nice and casual, but you still get the 5* experience. We aren't big drinkers, so don't mind not having alcohol all the time and found that the 5:00 Happy Hour (which stretched till dinner time), wind & beer for lunch and dinner (with the ability to "grab one to go") was more than enough. We've never done any bus tours yet, however once we finish the rivers, it will probably be our next thing. We are used to driving for our holidays, so it will be nice to sit back and relax. The Avalon cruise excursions where you have a bus (Český Krumlov, Prague, Heidelberg) have given us an idea of bus tours, so hopefully we will be ready for them when we start doing them.

Edited by Daisi
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Daisi said:

We've never done any bus tours yet, however once we finish the rivers, it will probably be our next thing. We are used to driving for our holidays, so it will be nice to sit back and relax. The Avalon cruise excursions where you have a bus (Český Krumlov, Prague, Heidelberg) have given us an idea of bus tours, so hopefully we will be ready for them when we start doing them.

When you start researching bus tour companies, pay attention the size of the groups.  The basic tours fill a large coach.  Small-group tours promise no more than a certain number (which ranges from 30 down to 12).  Staying in the 12-20 range gives a completely different feel than a coach-full.

• Like 1

Pearl Sea Cruises is associated with American Cruise Lines. During covid our Canada cruise the Pearl Sea was cancelled and we were able to transfer the credit to ACL.

On 3/8/2024 at 1:16 PM, Debbie C said:

Daisi, how do you like Avalon? Have you traveled on any Globus tours?

We loved Avalon!  My sister had done a Globus tour prior to our booking the river cruise and they gave us a loyalty discount.

That was part of our research for Avalon.... my Grandparents had taken several trips with Globus, as well as very close friends of my parents. We figured if they enjoyed them, then it was a decent company...and we were very happy with Avalon.

On 3/12/2024 at 8:51 AM, Daisi said:

That was part of our research for Avalon.... my Grandparents had taken several trips with Globus, as well as very close friends of my parents. We figured if they enjoyed them, then it was a decent company...and we were very happy with Avalon.

Daisi - a bit off topic, but notice you have booked the Canals, Vineyards & Castles itinerary next year.  I have this booked with a girlfriend - going this June.  Which direction are you travelling??

Fran

On 3/8/2024 at 12:50 PM, Debbie C said:

I would like to establish a relationship with a river cruise company where my credits can also be applied to possible land tours. For example, Avalon is owed by Globus. What other companies have an umbrella of companies ?

Uniworld is a member of The Travel Corporation. https://ttc.com/loyalty/ 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daisi said:

@bubbulz, can you transfer credits amongst the different brands?

No idea. I just know that traveling with one of them provides discounts on the others.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Daisi said:

@franski we are going from Remich to Amsterdam, I hope you can post some pictures and let me know how you enjoyed it.

We are actually doing the Paris extension pre-cruise - and then over to the Moselle and cruising up to Amsterdam.  Will try to post pics.

Fran