Sun Princess

My cruise on the sun is this November 30th and I just checked and could make a reservation for spellbound although we're not planning to do it but for those that are make sure you check different days because if you just look at the first day it was not available.

On 5/16/2024 at 2:46 PM, ILUVHOCKEY said:

The menu has changed since it started.  See attached for thr most current. The menu is fixed. Except the entree.  Yiu have a choice between the 3 entrees.

However the cocktails are exclusive to spellbound and they are great.

Hope that helps 

IMG-20240516-WA0002.jpg

Can something be a “Spellbound Favorite” after just a few cruises?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, avonlady6390 said:

My cruise on the sun is this November 30th and I just checked and could make a reservation for spellbound although we're not planning to do it but for those that are make sure you check different days because if you just look at the first day it was not available.

I check the app occassionally and no dining or Spellbound yet for early Jan 25 cruise.  As stated my frustration is that corporate (one rep and a supervisor) say they will not be availale for 90 days and posters have had a different expererience. My only conclusion is that there is no clear communicated timetable for release of dates (somebody at Princess must have a clue but they aren't telling) and it will be incumbent on the passenger to dutifully check the app.

52 minutes ago, dides said:

Love by Britto menus have been shared (credit Susan KD on FB). 

britto-1.thumb.jpg.0c8e7b82c4d85a3537eb288ab1e94735.jpg

britto-2.thumb.jpg.0388c2fba85dc2730c660b71a5e39b0b.jpg

britto-cocktails.thumb.jpg.e90639c71d508fd23f16468a9532ac70.jpg

britto-drinks.thumb.jpg.451d0d9075cba7f9c2dce6efec266dc2.jpg

Pictures of the various dishes have been posted here

Thank you for sharing the menu. 

What exactly is this experience? Is it eating good food while somebody does a painting? Or is it something else?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Great info...   Thanks again Dides!!!

We have not canceled our upcoming cruise on the SUN Princess....  Did find out that the additional $500 FCC we have on it can be transferred to another booking, on Enchanted.  At least, for now, Enchanted has the Sanctuary that we can hope for.  (If they start changing this during dry-docks, I do not think Enchanted is scheduled soon...  but can't find info.)

Not that I want to spend another $500.00,  but I am wondering if Princess might make the Cabanas available, if they are not selling out to Sanctuary Class guest????

• Like 1

Just come off the Sun princess and I must admit it blew us away, from the staff to the cleanliness everything was amazing. Yes, there are still teething problems, like trying to get a seat in the dome for a show and of course Park 19 not operational but we were told the staff have tried it out and they're waiting on a team from the US to come out and sign it off (whether this is true or not is anyone's guess).

In any case this was our first ever cruise and now it won't be our last thanks to our amazing experience on board.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, tinkerbelluk said:

Yes, there are still teething problems, like trying to get a seat in the dome for a show

Did you line up for tickets of just show up and hope for the best?

1 minute ago, InFullertonCA said:

The Princess Premier package says it has "reserve" seating for shows.  Has anyone seen how many seats are "reserved" and how long before the show they "release" any open?

I've read it's only about 30 seats and they're released about 5 minutes before the show starts. 

I haven't been on the ship yet to verify though.

1 hour ago, 555 said:

Did you line up for tickets of just show up and hope for the best?

1 hour ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

From what I've read you need to get there at least an hour before a show if you want any chance at getting a seat (no reservations).

We were there an hour before the first show of the night and in all honesty, our seats weren't great. It's not that tiered so if someone tall is in front of you, you're stuck! It didn't help that people were trying to push in from the stairs and the lifts as the queue management was non-existent.

I would aim for the second show and enter from the back of deck 18 (past the sun bar and you'll see a hidden lift that just goes to 17) or enter from 17 pas through the entry between all the Lido food places not long after the first show has kicked out as you can get the seats you want and have a drink at the bar there as you enter.

Don't try and enter from the sea view bar on 17 as they lock the doors there.

We spoke to the entertainment director and he said they're trying out lots of new methods trying to get the entry right, so this may change.

Hope this helps

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, InFullertonCA said:

The Princess Premier package says it has "reserve" seating for shows.  Has anyone seen how many seats are "reserved" and how long before the show they "release" any open?

This is for the arena shows only and not the dome. There were I would guess a good 50+ seats reserved and we got there 30 mins before and had our pick of most of them. They allow anyone to use them 5 mins before the show starts.

3 minutes ago, tinkerbelluk said:

We were there an hour before the first show of the night and in all honesty, our seats weren't great. It's not that tiered so if someone tall is in front of you, you're stuck! It didn't help that people were trying to push in from the stairs and the lifts as the queue management was non-existent.

I would aim for the second show and enter from the back of deck 18 (past the sun bar and you'll see a hidden lift that just goes to 17) or enter from 17 pas through the entry between all the Lido food places not long after the first show has kicked out as you can get the seats you want and have a drink at the bar there as you enter.

We spoke to the entertainment director and he said they're trying out lots of new methods trying to get the entry right, so this may change.

Hope this helps

Thanks, that seems like it should be super helpful.

How early do you think we should plan to get there if an hour wasn't early enough?

Also for those worried about not getting the dining reservations they wanted in the specialty restaurants we managed to swap one of ours with no problems to any time we wanted once we were on board. That was for 2 of us mind you, but it appears they are keeping tables back for people to book once on board, so if you've not secured what you wanted, I would go to the restaurant in question once you're on board and I'm sure you'll find they're more than willing to help.

• Thanks 3

Just now, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

Thanks, that seems like it should be super helpful.

How early do you think we should plan to get there if an hour wasn't early enough?

Personally, I wouldn't aim for the first show as it seemed the busiest and most chaotic. I've just checked my patter and there 2 shows that night, one 8pm-8.30pm and the second 9.30pm- 10pm. The show we saw was blue which only lasted 20mins so if I were doing it again I would head straight into the dome at 8.40pm, have my pick of the seats and get a drink brought to you as the waiters were circling anyway and just sit down and relax rather than stressing the queue for the first show.

I only know this as we headed back there at about 8.45 ish to speak to the Entertainment director about how the person in front of us in the queue was speaking to him & other staff earlier and I wanted to say that not everyone felt the way he did and no-one deserves to be abused by anyone like he was by the "man" (I can't call him a gentleman as he certainly wasn't 😤)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tinkerbelluk said:

Personally, I wouldn't aim for the first show as it seemed the busiest and most chaotic. I've just checked my patter and there 2 shows that night, one 8pm-8.30pm and the second 9.30pm- 10pm. The show we saw was blue which only lasted 20mins so if I were doing it again I would head straight into the dome at 8.40pm, have my pick of the seats and get a drink brought to you as the waiters were circling anyway and just sit down and relax rather than stressing the queue for the first show.

I only know this as we headed back there at about 8.45 ish to speak to the Entertainment director about how the person in front of us in the queue was speaking to him & other staff earlier and I wanted to say that not everyone felt the way he did and no-one deserves to be abused by anyone like he was by the "man" (I can't call him a gentleman as he certainly wasn't 😤)

Thank you! I guess we will see how tired we're feeling and if we have enough energy to go to the second show, we'll do that. 

Disappointing to hear about how the crew member was treated. Not every moment of a cruise is perfect, but there's never an excuse for treating somebody poorly while expressing any concerns. 

8 minutes ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

Thank you! I guess we will see how tired we're feeling and if we have enough energy to go to the second show, we'll do that. 

Disappointing to hear about how the crew member was treated. Not every moment of a cruise is perfect, but there's never an excuse for treating somebody poorly while expressing any concerns. 

I would like to say it was just the one passenger but I was shocked at just how many passengers spoke to the staff on board like they were dirt or beneath them. It was odd though how the following day in our room was a card saying I had been "randomly selected" for a free spa treatment as a special princess treat 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tinkerbelluk said:

I would like to say it was just the one passenger but I was shocked at just how many passengers spoke to the staff on board like they were dirt or beneath them. It was odd though how the following day in our room was a card saying I had been "randomly selected" for a free spa treatment as a special princess treat 😂

Hopefully that was a show of gratitude for being a good person, but at a minimum it was karma! 

Glad you enjoyed your cruise - so much of them is finding the good in our experiences... There's always a reason to be miserable if that's what we're looking for!

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, tinkerbelluk said:

This is for the arena shows only and not the dome. There were I would guess a good 50+ seats reserved and we got there 30 mins before and had our pick of most of them. They allow anyone to use them 5 mins before the show starts.

I understand that Premier reservations are only for production shows in the arena. Is this correct?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

I understand that Premier reservations are only for production shows in the arena. Is this correct?

Correct. Only the theater production shows aka Arena singer and dancer shows.

Currently, Vallora - A Pirates Quest and Fiera are the 2, out of 4 advertised, production shows.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, tinkerbelluk said:

Hope this helps

What are the times of the first and second show?

On 5/18/2024 at 4:46 AM, chisoxfan said:

I check the app occassionally and no dining or Spellbound yet for early Jan 25 cruise.  As stated my frustration is that corporate (one rep and a supervisor) say they will not be availale for 90 days and posters have had a different expererience. My only conclusion is that there is no clear communicated timetable for release of dates (somebody at Princess must have a clue but they aren't telling) and it will be incumbent on the passenger to dutifully check the app.

More a matter of customer service saying what they system says is the policy, but systems not fully implementing that policy, which may be due to different situations based upon when a booking was actually made.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Cruise Feen said:

What are the times of the first and second show?

there was 2 shows in the dome, one 8pm-8.30pm and the second 9.30pm- 10pm but don’t know if these will be the times always 

Edited by tinkerbelluk
Typo