Sun Princess

3 hours ago, dides said:

Crown Grill menus (credit: Phaedra L)

crowngrill1.thumb.jpg.481b9babc8060e88d20d4684431b15af.jpg

crowngrill2.thumb.jpg.fb9726ae19beda0e7daeabf886b6b159.jpg

I’m disappointed to see the shrimp entree has been removed from the CG menu.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2024 at 1:40 PM, 555 said:

Does anyone know for sure if the menu's for the anytime restaurant and the traditional restaurant are exactly the same each evening?

If you're talking about the menus for deck six (traditional at 500 & 730) and deck seven (appointment & walk in), I will infer yes.  But if course, they would each change on a daily basis, unlike the deck eight menu, which is the same each day.

21 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I’ve said all along that Princess’ version of “ship within a ship” is going to be lacking. The fact that the suite dinning room is the same menu as the MDR (with a few additions) proves that they just can’t get it right. Still going in with the same reserved-not expecting much-open mind mentality and will enjoy my cruise. But I’m staying with Celebrity. Edge class ships know how to treat their suites!

Have to disagree and a bit early to condemn Princess' latest suite efforts. Retreat on Apex and Ascent (within last 6 mos.) for us was nice but underwhelming particularly from a price standpoint. Am excited to try Princess Sun.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chisoxfan said:

Have to disagree and a bit early to condemn Princess' latest suite efforts. Retreat on Apex and Ascent (within last 6 mos.) for us was nice but underwhelming particularly from a price standpoint. Am excited to try Princess Sun.

Interesting.  We are sailing late summer in the Med on the Sun for 14 days, and have another 14 days booked for 2025 also in the Med.  Both sailings in suites.  We just put a refundable deposit on a Retreat suite as a plan B for 2025 in case the Sun disappoints.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Celebrity was my go to for years but their pricing has gone out of control on top of them taking away things that used to be included (like gratuities and onboard credit from the suites). I recently booked 2025 and 2026 cruises on Oceania and Princess respectively because Celebrity was around $8K more expensive for similar itineraries/cabins. All the cruise lines have gone up in price and removed things but with Celebrity it’s exponential so I’m trying other cruise lines to see what my new go to might be. 

We cruised on Celebrity 9 times over the years in 4 different classes of ships.  They are currently permanently in our rearview mirror for various reasons.  The recent price increase, no longer including gratuities in their package and the main reason is because of the changes with their drinks packages.  It used to cost 10+2 to upgrade pp and only 1 person in a cabin could upgrade if wanted.  Now, it's 20+4 to upgrade and both need to do it.  So what used to be a 12 per day charge for one is now a 48 per day charge for 2.  They have also eliminated many drinks from their classic package so you're left with beer or rum & coke or basic stuff.  Nothing even remotely like a craft cocktail.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CaptainKirk said:

@nasa1974

Hope all is well.

Since we are not getting much activity on this thread would you kindly reconsider opening the original thread.

The original thread you started had so much awesome and very useful information on it from nice people like @dides

Think we are all looking for as much information on the Sun Princess as possible.

Thanks so much.

Something to think about.

@WonderMan3 Thank you for starting up another "Sun Princess" thread. The posts have been informative. Fortunately, there have been a couple other threads started by others to make for a more enjoyable read. 

If there is a nice number of people that would like to see the original unlocked, I will request it. If that happens, I'm pretty sure all of these posts will be moved over to the original. 

@Host CJSKIDS is there any way we can do a poll?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Fortunate 2 travel said:

Interesting.  We are sailing late summer in the Med on the Sun for 14 days, and have another 14 days booked for 2025 also in the Med.  Both sailings in suites.  We just put a refundable deposit on a Retreat suite as a plan B for 2025 in case the Sun disappoints.  

I thought X and Retreat specifically had gone completely to non refundable which was a huge issue for us. For what it is worth, on a port intensive  cruise our feeling is 'give us a balcony (where the Edge class disappoints) and we are fine' since there are limited days on board.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chisoxfan said:

I thought X and Retreat specifically had gone completely to non refundable which was a huge issue for us. For what it is worth, on a port intensive  cruise our feeling is 'give us a balcony (where the Edge class disappoints) and we are fine' since there are limited days on board.

I thought that as well, but last month when I booked on board I had the option of booking refundable on an Aqua Sky Suite for Infinity in 2026. I decided against it because it seemed silly to pay a couple thousand more to save $200, and with it being an Israel itinerary there’s a chance the sailing will change and prompt a refund anyway. 

19 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

Something to think about.

@WonderMan3 Thank you for starting up another "Sun Princess" thread. The posts have been informative. Fortunately, there have been a couple other threads started by others to make for a more enjoyable read. 

If there is a nice number of people that would like to see the original unlocked, I will request it. If that happens, I'm pretty sure all of these posts will be moved over to the original. 

@Host CJSKIDS is there any way we can do a poll?

Can’t we still read that long thread without unlocking it?

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, chisoxfan said:

We had to pay a premium price to get a refundable fare.  Our friends In Ireland get refundable fares without the premium cost.  I wouldn’t even consider a non refundable deposit.  To much stuff happening in the world today.  I may need to find also a plan C 🤣.  

• Haha 1

Quick question...  can we see on the new APP what the menu of food and drinks are for delivery thru the Medallion, to your location onboard?  We have not used this before... as we don't mind getting up and grabbing what we want,  but I can see us using this on the Sun!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dog said:

Can’t we still read that long thread without unlocking it?

Yes, you can still read just not post.

However, you would have to find it and it is currently on page 7 and there is no way to bring back up to the first page.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

If you're talking about the menus for deck six (traditional at 500 & 730) and deck seven (appointment & walk in), I will infer yes.  But if course, they would each change on a daily basis, unlike the deck eight menu, which is the same each day.

Yes, that's what I was wondering about. 

I would hate to have reservations on deck 7 and find out that there's something more appealing on the menu on deck 6.

The food on deck 8 might be OK for a lunch on a sea day but not for dinner. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

However, you would have to find it and it is currently on page 7 and there is no way to bring back up to the first page.

Possibly pin at top with the cabin thread. It has excellent posts as we discovered this ship.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, dog said:

Possibly pin at top with the cabin thread. It has excellent posts as we discovered this ship.

Good idea. Maybe rename it. "Sun Princess - original" or something like that so i doesn't confuse the new "Sun Princess" thread.

@Host CJSKIDS Would this be possible?

Edited by nasa1974
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

Actually, I book marked it- found it easily.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, dog said:

Actually, I book marked it- found it easily.

Interesting. I'm sure any new folks have no Idea how to do that.

😂 I don't know how to do that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dides said:

CD Jason is posting pictures and stories from a test Spellbound experience:

spellbound.jpg.da6af8e6c2c83578308189c191694f1a.jpg

spellbound2.jpg.a3b3eae00fe1d935ca520bbc775bf9b3.jpg

spellbound3.jpg.313956d95207ff07657b63aa2d20abb7.jpg

Sounds like fun to watch but not in my price range. Honestly, I'm not into the fancy foods, I only drink beer and Magicians are ok but I'm not paying extra to watch one. But reading the threads it sounds like it will be a hit.

3 hours ago, vjmatty said:

I thought that as well, but last month when I booked on board I had the option of booking refundable on an Aqua Sky Suite for Infinity in 2026. I decided against it because it seemed silly to pay a couple thousand more to save $200, and with it being an Israel itinerary there’s a chance the sailing will change and prompt a refund anyway. 

Yes,of course you are correct. X always offers non refundable option but it is so expensive I don’t really consider it viable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nasa1974 said:

Interesting. I'm sure any new folks have no Idea how to do that.

😂 I don't know how to do that.

@nasa1974

If you open it back up I can help with the moderation and keeping people focused as our cruise is dec.

Once CanadianBurger cruise is completed we won’t have another great source of centralized information.

Thanks so much.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

Good idea. Maybe rename it. "Sun Princess - original" or something like that so i doesn't confuse the new "Sun Princess" thread.

@Host CJSKIDS Would this be possible?

Of course with your permission I can do that! 

also going to pin it to the top for a bit!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1