Transportation Miami airport to Hampton inn Brickell

50 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

The light rail system drops you less than 2 flat blocks away. The Hampton has a shuttle to the port, for a fee.

Does the light rail go from inside the airport to 2 blocks from the hotel?

IIRC, the Light rail station is easily accessible from the airport, but not technically at the airport. I was last there in 2019. It was very easy for us to us. The Hampton is pretty nice.

• Thanks 1

We have used Jiffy Jeff three times. Their service is reasonably priced and reliable. They pick us up at the airport and take us to the hotel, then from the hotel to the port and from the port back to the airport when we come back. We usually have a group of 6-8 people but I know they have services for a few to many people. 

• Thanks 1

Going to have to pass on public transportation do to amount of luggage and walking involved at almost 60 years old. Checked out YouTube videos of trip from airport to Brickell and with multiple bags stung together each, it just would be too much for us.

Still interested in shuttles, taxi, Uber etc. Just trying to find what would work best for 2 people 4 large bags. At the best price.

6 hours ago, DennysDad said:

Going to have to pass on public transportation do to amount of luggage and walking involved at almost 60 years old. Checked out YouTube videos of trip from airport to Brickell and with multiple bags stung together each, it just would be too much for us.

Still interested in shuttles, taxi, Uber etc. Just trying to find what would work best for 2 people 4 large bags. At the best price.

We always Uber or Lyft to the Hampton. The price will vary based on the time of day. Hampton does not have a shuttle from the airport.

• Thanks 1

We've stayed at the Hampton the last 2 years. We loved it both times. The sports bar on the ground level was outstanding. There are other restaurants there also. We would be staying there in April but I ran out of points. We will have to use my IHG points at the Intercontinental.

• Thanks 1

Uber or Lyft is what we always did when we lived right there.  

The Hampton Inn is still great.  Just stayed there last night and actually was at Batch for a drink and appy late in the evening.  Same great owner.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2024 at 10:06 PM, Host CJSKIDS said:

The Hampton Inn is still great.  Just stayed there last night and actually was at Batch for a drink and appy late in the evening.  Same great owner.  

That is great to hear. I am booked next month and look forward to visiting the bar.

As I research my trip I came up with the same question as the OP. I have decided to use the metro rail. My flight lands at 3 and I am pretty familiar with MIA and where to pu the metro rail.

We just stayed at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon and so glad we made the change from the Brickell for one pre-cruise night. Comp shuttle from MIA to their hotel and $14.00 pp shuttle to the port.