Why is RC still going to Labadee?

1 minute ago, KayReady2Cruise said:

I will be Indy the March 21, our only stop is Labadee. Royal is cancelling all the tours (Jet Ski, Boat rides) that leave Labadee. 

We are on the Symphony on 3/23, and I got an email a little while go canceling our tour, as well. 

• Like 1

Folks do your research. It’s clear a lot of the posters in here have an agenda. Cap Haitien is not immune to the unrest and is only 30 minutes away from Labadee which is not as isolated as they would have you believe. Google it. Do your own research and don’t believe anyone in here and come to your own conclusions. 

9 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Bless you for what you do.  I was laughing at the posters description of you, having actually met you.  People are so blind about what they have allowed our cities to become.  We have about reached the point, that we don’t intentionally travel to the big famous cities.  Whether it be NY or Paris.  Not to say, I won’t visit more of these places, just they get a low priority when it comes to plans.  

I've convinced DW to go to NYC for a few days prior to our N/E Canada trip.  She made me promise I won't take her to anywhere that'll scare her.  LOL

That sad thing is our cities don't have to be this way.  It just requires appropriate governance.  The best example of that Portland.  It is complete chaos and that chaos can be directly attributed to decisions made by local politicians.  Across the Columbia river in Vancouver, WA politicians have made different decisions and very little of the chaos of Portland has spilled over into southern WA state.  

When you enable addition and homelessness you get more addiction and homelessness.

Haiti is a completely different situation but at the end of the day the problem is governance.  This can easily be proven with the shining example of The Dominican Republic.  Same island, different result.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nolefan95 said:

Do your own research and don’t believe anyone in here and come to your own conclusions. 

Don't believe anyone on here... believe other people who you don't know either. LOL

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

Don't believe anyone on here... believe other people who you don't know either. LOL

Exactly. Don’t believe me either. Do your own research. Everything is public information. Come to your own conclusions. 

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I have never been attacked, attempted to be stabbed, or robbed at Labadee.

None of those things are true in Los Angeles, Oakland, Portland, Seattle or Vancouver BC. 🙂 

Last month in Labadee...

image.thumb.png.cc69d768e36fcfa3a3a5bb215fdf7900.png

A month and a half ago in Los Angeles...

image.thumb.png.50f96dc9fd51c8ce2f61ffcbc945d1d9.png

🙂

Those aqua socks should be banned from Labadee...actually maybe even removed from production.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nolefan95 said:

It has just recently boiled over. This clearly is not a good situation currently unfolding in Haiti. To have tourists in the country enjoying themselves while the rest of the country is being overrun by criminals is, to me, disgraceful to the decent people of Haiti under siege at the moment. Pretty disgusting actually.

How do you feel about the decent people of Haiti that live around Labadee and make there living there? No ship... no income.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Nolefan95 said:

Folks do your research. It’s clear a lot of the posters in here have an agenda. Cap Haitien is not immune to the unrest and is only 30 minutes away from Labadee which is not as isolated as they would have you believe. Google it. Do your own research and don’t believe anyone in here and come to your own conclusions. 

Yea don’t use reason.  Panic because I want you to cancel your cruise.  Because I hate Royal.  Or maybe I just don’t want you to enjoy your vacation because I am in my mother’s basement.  

which of those are your agendas?  What difference is it to you if people make their own decisions?  

just curious why you feel so strongly to save people who are not in danger?

1 minute ago, jeffr6596 said:

Just returned from there last week.  I would go back tomorrow.  But I also frequent cities like St Louis, Chicago and New York City.  

All which scare me and I have spent time in all 3 in the last year

jc

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

The vast majority of people have absolutely no idea what goes on down there and in other major cities. It can be dangerous in broad daylight.  At night it can look like a zombie apocalypse.  

It's in the Caribbean, I would count on it being a Sharknado event.  Either way Fin Shepard would save everyone.  His Motto... always be prepared.

image.png.ebe3462c9c1395f18575e5542fc37f1d.png sharks  image.png.241dbfef25750be5d352191e8c4fa5f4.png

Or reaching the guard gate at Labadee.....

image.png.32a83c3343fca726d294a4d5a2a88593.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

Care to elaborate?

I believe I clearly quoted a couple of clear examples , but suffice it to say that if you have read through the entirity of this thread and the recent others on this subject and you haven't seen  misinformation , ?

Hmmm...... Seems you might just be lookin for a pot to stir

Cheers

1 hour ago, LobsterStalker said:

Wow

Wow

As should be clear for me this is not about taking sides on the argument  , but the misinformation and misguided opinions on both sides somewhat blow my mind !

Cheers... and safe travels

This isn’t misinformation. The 36 minutes isn’t even the nearest point of the closest big city Cap Haitien. 

IMG_6638.jpeg

34 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yea don’t use reason.  Panic because I want you to cancel your cruise.  Because I hate Royal.  Or maybe I just don’t want you to enjoy your vacation because I am in my mother’s basement.  

which of those are your agendas?  What difference is it to you if people make their own decisions?  

just curious why you feel so strongly to save people who are not in danger?

If they weren’t in any danger, RCCL wouldn’t have just cancelled excursions 2 hours ago. But like I said, you do you. I am done talking on this topic. 

5 hours ago, Tatka said:

Why would Haitians go to Labadee if they could go to USA?

It is not like they need a vacation.

Because these people have no food and there are people walking around eating buffet with money on their pockets. When you have nothing you'll do alot for a little.

13 minutes ago, Nolefan95 said:

This isn’t misinformation. The 36 minutes isn’t even the nearest point of the closest big city Cap Haitien. 

IMG_6638.jpeg

My apologies 

I picked the wrong post to quote. I assumed you were talking about Port Au Prince.

4 minutes ago, Nolefan95 said:

If they weren’t in any danger, RCCL wouldn’t have just cancelled excursions 2 hours ago. But like I said, you do you. I am done talking on this topic. 

Fascinating how this topic is 10% of all posts you have done in 14 years. Humans are so interesting.🤣  not to mention now twice done with this.  

nobody has said they are not in any danger they could get a bad sunburn they could get over served and get sick they could have a heart attack thinking they are going to fall out of the contraption on the long zip line.  

RCI is a public company they hate bad press so they do a little window dressing and eliminate people wandering off into a possible no matter how remote danger.  Lawyers what can you do with them.  I hate that they feel compelled by people who love to watch a panic.  I miss the days before the press and social media white knights made the world too dangerous to enjoy .  Very sad

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

“RCI is a public company they hate bad press so they do a little window dressing…”

Reminds me of Boeing and the 737Max MCAT fiasco! Almost every other country on the planet had withdrawn the types operating certificate before the FAA (its country of manufacture) finally capitulated to the inevitable. I suspect it’s only a matter of time?

Edited by Jetdriver787

3 hours ago, Fissues said:

How would you get out of there if you

were injured or gravely ill? No medevac would come get you. Royal would be liable. 

Yes, they would.  We've been there when a 2nd ship had to delay their passengers to allow for a medivac.  Which is a whole lot easier than doing it on the ship between Haiti and Cuba (which we've also been on a ship where that happened).

2 hours ago, Nolefan95 said:

Nobody is "immune" to the unrest.  But the unrest ISN'T happening at Cap Haitien right now.   It's +5 hours away.  

You tell others to do their research, but somehow you are immune to your own requests?  You should google Cap Haitien and check out the situation.  I did.  And the only recent news is about the voodo festival, and that local residents are keeping their eyes out for people coming from Port au Prince.  

Again, if you don't want to go, great, don't.  If others feel that they are ok with it, why are you so insistent that they don't?  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, andy2812 said:

I agree that they should not be stopping at Labadee right now. All you need is a few groups of armed people in small boats descending on a ship while it is docked.  It would be a sitting duck. While this could happen anywhere, there's a greater chance of it happening somewhere in a lawless country regardless of how far it is from the capital. It happens off the coast of Africa, why not at Labadee. They could ask for a ransom or just take everyone's valuables.  They could be in and out before the US Navy gets there.

These small boats from Port-au-Prince would have to travel well over 200 miles to get anywhere near Labadee

45 minutes ago, Jetdriver787 said:

“RCI is a public company they hate bad press so they do a little window dressing…”

Reminds me of Boeing and the 737Max MCAT fiasco! Almost every other country on the planet had withdrawn the types operating certificate before the FAA (its country of manufacture) finally capitulated to the inevitable. I suspect it’s only a matter of time?

That implies that it is inherently dangerous to be at Labadee and that we know this danger is going to become a reality.  

That is pure fiction.  Sensationalism and just plain wrong.

If you don’t want to go, don’t go.  While we have a few freedoms left, try to not be a Debbie Downer and let people live their own lives.  We all can see what is happening in Port Au Prince.  What is less bad than it has been many times over the last decades.  History has shown there is close to zero danger at Labadee.  But hey, let’s drive a panic because it is just plain fun, and we don’t care about the people in Haiti nor the passengers wanting to have a nice vacation.

So many Dudley DooRights in the world who don’t actually know who is Snidely whiplash is.

jc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/12/2024 at 5:23 AM, andy2812 said:

I agree that they should not be stopping at Labadee right now. All you need is a few groups of armed people in small boats descending on a ship while it is docked.  It would be a sitting duck. While this could happen anywhere, there's a greater chance of it happening somewhere in a lawless country regardless of how far it is from the capital. It happens off the coast of Africa, why not at Labadee. They could ask for a ransom or just take everyone's valuables.  They could be in and out before the US Navy gets there.

Royal is circumventing Africa this spring on ultimate world cruise