Premium Drink ?

Hello, we just booked the Freedom 8 night in December.  We always get the premium drink package, but since our cruise is way out, we have time to purchase.  What is a good price for the premium drink package to lock into?  Right now I have a buy one get one half price, but it appears the regular price went up to $105.00 per day.  This deal will be $78.75 per person per day.

What price do you feel I should purchase at?  Thank you.

9 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello, we just booked the Freedom 8 night in December.  We always get the premium drink package, but since our cruise is way out, we have time to purchase.  What is a good price for the premium drink package to lock into?  Right now I have a buy one get one half price, but it appears the regular price went up to $105.00 per day.  This deal will be $78.75 per person per day.

What price do you feel I should purchase at?  Thank you.

For an 8 night cruise on freedom I would be hoping to be able purchase it in the high $60's or at worst lost $70's. Look for sales over major holidays in the cruise planner. They tend to be the best.  Usually there is some discounting going on every few weeks. The current sale is pretty unimpressive.  If you keep watching eventually you will find a deal.

• Like 1

I was on Mariner OTS last June for a 8 night Southern and we paid $74.99 pp/pd.  

I'm booked on Adventure this June for a 8 night Eastern and we paid $69.99 pp/pd.  Personally I'd buy at that price to lock it in and keep checking.  It might go down but they typically go up as you get closer to the cruise.  If it goes on sale for less money you just cancel and re-buy at the cheaper cost.  

• Like 1

I've been watching the deluxe package price for my upcoming cruise (mid-May), and though the 'sales' keep changing from one name to another (30% off, then buy one get one half off, then back to 30%, etc.), the bottom line price has stayed the same at $62.99. Not bad compared to some other prices that have been posted lately, so we'll see.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheInnocentAge said:

I've been watching the deluxe package price for my upcoming cruise (mid-May), and though the 'sales' keep changing from one name to another (30% off, then buy one get one half off, then back to 30%, etc.), the bottom line price has stayed the same at $62.99. Not bad compared to some other prices that have been posted lately, so we'll see.

Ok, I will hold off, today it is buy one get second half price but regular rate is 105 per person per day which makes it $78.75 per person, I will keep watch, thank you.

3 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Ok, I will hold off, today it is buy one get second half price but regular rate is 105 per person per day which makes it $78.75 per person, I will keep watch, thank you.

If $78.75 is something you feel comfortable with, and can live with that price, book it now. It will probably come down some time before your cruise, but it might only go up. If you lock in now, at a price you are comfortable with, you can always cancel and re-book if the price goes down.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

remember that does NOT include the 18% gratuity, that's added at check out

• Like 1

5 hours ago, huntr104 said:

Also, never go by the name of the sale for example,  %off, BOGO 50% off, etc. I've noticed that the base price fluctuates from sale to sale.

True, RCI always raises the price and then offers some kind of sale to make you think you are getting a better price. But it must work for them. There are so many people out there that don't know better and if they are told it's a sale, they'll buy it.

• Like 2

I bought early then repriced as it went down.  (4 times but we were booked 18+ months out)

Started at about $95 per day per person - sailed with a price of $65 per person (Then you also need to include gratuities of 18%)

• Like 2