What essentials and fun items do you bring?

9 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I have pockets and that's where my card goes - along with my wife's when we are together. And when we are not she always finds a place to keep it.

Exactly the same as us.

P.S. Fly Eagles Fly (and PLEASE get a defense). Born and raised in the Philly 'burbs myself as was my wife.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Love2cruise-71 said:

I always bring my own and body wash etc. Do you only use cash on the islands? 

Also needed if you are staying pre or post cruise. And not to get into any debate, to top up tips. 

Cab fare from/to port, tip to the driver, etc.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Love2cruise-71 said:

The duct tape lol 

I'd be more concerned if @doghog uses it on Kathy - or visa versa (more likely)!  LOL.  Seriously, It is a universal fix it tool that a lot of people take with them

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

Exactly the same as us.

P.S. Fly Eagles Fly (and PLEASE get a defense). Born and raised in the Philly 'burbs myself as was my wife.

Totally agree.  

I purposely buy shorts/capris/pants with back pockets to take on a cruise.  That is where my sea pass card goes.  The lanyard around my neck would annoy the heck out of me.  Moooooo......  😉 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Exactly the same as us.

Won't hijack the thread but look at the free agency signings so far!  (I believe we have talked before).

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I'd be more concerned if @doghog uses it on Kathy - or visa versa (more likely)!  LOL.  Seriously, It is a universal fix it tool that a lot of people take with them

Poor Dave had a nightmare with his destroyed suit case the airlines put through a trash compactor it seemed....duck tape to the rescue!  Actually I think his suitcase looked worse than the picture I posted.  😮 

• Like 2

We also bring a big bag of the "good" chocolate mini bars, such as Twix, Snickers, Milky Way, Hershey's, etc., to hand out to various crew members; don't forget the GS (Guest Services) folks, who have a very stressful job listening mostly to complaints all day. If no treats, just stroll by them and wish them a nice day!

Yep, duct or duck tape saved my trip home from a cruise a few years ago. My garment bag zipper broke, so I had to use the tape to secure my clothes inside while leaving the ship. Wish I would have snapped a picture of it because it looked like a giant medicine ball!!! I was so afraid that customs was going to ask me to open it!! I used the whole roll of tape and had none left!! Luckily, all was well and I rolled my garment bag to our car in one big piece. LOL! Funny now; not so funny then! Remember, things happen!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Sunscreen (at least 1 full bottle per day)

Water shoes

Long sleeve swim shirts

Multiple bathing suits

Crocks (for pools & beaches)

Wide brim bucket sun hats

Beach chair towel clips

First aid kit

Magnetic hooks

Portable USB fan

Lint roller

Hand soap for cabin bathroom

Sound machine

Multi port plug/usb

Glow sticks/necklaces (best easy night light for bathroom. Also fun for silent music/dance party, 70s party, etc)***DOLLAR STORE***

Sunglasses for pools/Beaches***DOLLAR STORE***

Travel wash detergent (for sink washing)

Stain stick (travel size)

100 to 200 packets of individual hand wipes (wet wipes)

Lysol wipes (travel size)

Zip lock bags in every size (for whatever)

Trash bags white and black (for whatever)

Room/bed spray travel size (lavender)

Cold/Flu/Cough medicine

Eye drops

Anbesol

Electric toothbrush

Electric razor

Disposable razors

Tweezers

Scissors 

Tissues (travel size or reg in zip bags)

Head sets/ear buds for music and TV

Downloaded TV shows on phones

Downey wrinkle release spray (travel size)

Flip flops (pools/beaches/bathroom/shower/saving chairs 😨 LOL, etc)

And for a weeks long cruise...all my own soaps and toiletries full size, Not travel. Too expensive and difficult to replace once at see if you run out of something. So no travel size. Also, don't take the chance of skin problems using a cheap strange hotel/ship body wash and shampoo etc. 

And Medication's Pills/Liquids/Injections/Creams. And in my case medical thermos for injections. 

OH,.....And 4...YES 4....28 inch checked in pieces of luggage, plus 2 carry on 20 inch roller bag's and 2 backpacks. (Well...there are 2 of us. LOL). Now you know why I have so much luggage. 

Edited by DennysDad
  • Like 1

I use a lanyard, but only for the pool deck and port days, so my key card is easier to find in my bag.

A couple of years ago I started taking a small, round magnifying mirror that sticks on with suction cups. That way I can see well enough to put my eye makeup on using any mirror in the room. I got it on Amazon for about $5 and it's been super helpful now that my close vision isn't what it used to be!

I also take towel clips which, aside from the obvious use, are great for clipping wet bathing suits to the back of chairs on the balcony.

• Like 2

A couple of battery-powered LED tealights. The cabin is VERY dark, the bathroom light is PAINFULLY BRIGHT in comparison, and having a gentle glow nearby makes it far easier to navigate if there's more than a tiny bit of sea state.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, loman said:

I dont bring any extra crap. I like to travel light .

Cash and a credit card on hand if anything comes up .

Toothbrush and hairbrush.

Not much else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Exactly the same as us.

I am a life long Eagles fan and long time season ticket holder, although I no longer have season tickets. It got to the point as I got older (late 50s now) that I would rather watch the Birds at my house in Florida instead of flying up to Philly numerous times every Fall. I  don’t always wear a lanyard, but when I do I always wear one of the dozen or so Eagles lanyards I have (I have made exceptions and worn a Phillies lanyard multiple times). 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, DennysDad said:

Water shoes

Long sleeve swim shirts

Multiple bathing suits

Beach chair towel clips

First aid kit

Magnetic hooks

Portable USB fan

Lint roller

Sound machine

Multi port plug/usb

Glow sticks/necklaces (best easy night light for bathroom. Also fun for silent music/dance party, 70s party, etc)***DOLLAR STORE***

Cold/Flu/Cough medicine

Eye drops

Anbesol

Electric toothbrush

Electric razor

Disposable razors

Tweezers

Scissors 

And for a weeks long cruise...all my own soaps and toiletries full size, Not travel. Too expensive and difficult to replace once at see if you run out of something. So no travel size. Also, don't take the chance of skin problems using a cheap strange hotel/ship body wash and shampoo etc. 

And Medication's Pills/Liquids/Injections/Creams. And in my case medical thermos for injections. 

OH,.....And 4...YES 4....28 inch checked in pieces of luggage, plus 2 carry on 20 inch roller bag's and 2 backpacks. (Well...there are 2 of us. LOL). Now you know why I have so much luggage. 

Sure you got everything?  LOL

• Haha 9

8 minutes ago, DennysDad said:

Forgot to add 

Full bodysuits (Surfer style nylon, Not wet suits) for jellyfish season. Also great sunburn protection. 

I bring a lot of aquatic wear. LOL.

I would need an extra suitcase just for all the stuff you suggest to bring.  Then clothes, shoes, wife, etc......

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I would need an extra suitcase just for all the stuff you suggest to bring.  Then clothes, shoes, wife, etc......

That's why we each check two 28 inch bags. 

Plus each have a 20 inch carry on.

And backpacks.

Something about not being able to jump in car and go to Walmart etc. I'd rather have it and not need it, then not have at all. Airlines make extra $$$ of me. Have airline credit card so first bag each is free. LOL. But just 2 of us and always need Uber XL! LOL 

Edited by DennysDad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DennysDad said:

Water shoes

Long sleeve swim shirts

Multiple bathing suits

Beach chair towel clips

First aid kit

Magnetic hooks

Portable USB fan

Lint roller

Sound machine

Multi port plug/usb

Cold/Flu/Cough medicine

Eye drops

Anbesol

Electric toothbrush

Electric razor

Disposable razors

Tweezers

Scissors 

You don’t mess around lol 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, DennysDad said:

That's why we each check two 28 inch bags. 

Plus each have a 20 inch carry on.

And backpacks.

Something about not being able to jump in car and go to Walmart etc. I'd rather have it and not need it, then not have at all. Airlines make extra $$$ of me. Have airline credit card so first bag each is free. LOL. But just 2 of us and always need Uber XL! LOL 

...and we are two 28 inch plus one 20 inch carry on total.  Different strokes.

• Like 1