Port Everglades vicinity restaurant recommendation(s)?

Would appreciate any restaurant recs in the  P.E./ 17th Street area ( walking distance from Hyatt Place) for a Friday evening dinner pre-cruise. Nothing too fancy(or pricey!), but a step or two up from fast-food joints? (we'l probably be going to Carrabba's the next night ..LOL) TIA!

Mezzaluna is pretty much next door and is very good. Kelly's Landing is a seafood restaurant that is nearby and is also good. Southport Raw Bar is a semi-dive but is reliable (I first was there in the mid-1970s). Quarterdeck is a favorite and where I had my first legal alcoholic drink 30 years ago. 15th Street Fisheries is a short car ride (4 long blocks) and is directly on the Intracoastal.

• Like 1

We like Gilberts just across from Hyatt Place.  Mostly hamburger and sandwiches, but very good quality and reasonable prices.  Be sure to say hello to Mama Gilbert - she is great.

I would opt to Uber/Lyft to "Lester's Diner". It's a must for us. Just ate there in between cruises on March 3rd....so yummy !!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, capriccio said:

Duffey's Sports Grill is located in the Harbor Shops right next to Hyatt Place.  It's a local south Florida sports bar chain. 

We love Duffy's , they have really good food and 2 for 1 drinks all day every day. It is a sports bar with good food. Gilberts is a smaller cafe with home made type food. You can get to both very easy by walking out the side door of Hyatt Place then walking across the street going to the right. 1/2 block down is LA Fitness, walk thru there parking garage to the Harbor Shops area. This is where Duffy's and Gilberts are, its a short cut to get there. Mezzaluna and Outback steakhouse are next to the hotel on SE 10th. St. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2024 at 1:53 AM, Ashland said:

I would opt to Uber/Lyft to "Lester's Diner". It's a must for us. Just ate there in between cruises on March 3rd....so yummy !!!

Exactly!  We love Lester's Diner...old Florida diner with great atmosphere...and prices are great!

1 hour ago, 2flacruisers said:

Exactly!  We love Lester's Diner...old Florida diner with great atmosphere...and prices are great!

Looking forward to eating there again mid May post cruise with the extended family.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bsbcgirl said:

Just had dinner at The Boatyard about 12 days ago and it was delicious. Be sure to make a reservation ahead of time.

Especially if you want to sit outside on the deck.

• Like 1