Disabled Persons/Bag Drop off in Vancouver

mpdog42

Posted (edited)

Was going to ask this question in the Pacific port section, but no one answers anything on there, Looking at a  Princess cruise out of Vancouver for Alaska.just watched a video and it seems like you have to drag your bags everywhere. How do they help with disabled persons and their bags?

Thanks

Edited by mpdog42

Are you staying at the Pan Pacific?  They have a nominal charge to take your bags from your room to the ship.

If you are arriving by taxi, uber, lyft, or other vehicle, make sure the driver drops you off underground....in the garage.  They will want to drop you off up on street level.  It may cost you a little more since it will incur time in taxi costs.

If you are dropped off at street level, it will be a very long haul to drop off your bags without assistance.

Once you have dropped off your bags, you should be able to find someone to assist you with a wheel chair.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I would highly recommend staying at Pan Pacific. For a $10 tip or so, they will take your luggage from your room and you will see it next in your room on your ship. The pier is attached to the hotel. I have heard similar reports with Fairmont Waterfront but can not confirm that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is a drop off near the terminal door if you take a taxi. Porter takes your luggage at the taxi door. There is a lot of walking & also elevators to get through check in and on to the ship.

If you have your own walker or wheelchair chair take it.  I did not see wheelchair assistance until we got into the room where we checked in, on 2 cruises there.

liked the Westin Bayshore, cheaper then Fairmont & others near there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/20/2024 at 12:13 PM, Coral said:

I would highly recommend staying at Pan Pacific. For a $10 tip or so, they will take your luggage from your room and you will see it next in your room on your ship. The pier is attached to the hotel. I have heard similar reports with Fairmont Waterfront but can not confirm that.

We have used this both at Fairmont Waterfront and Pan Pacific.  Note that Fairmont access tunnel doesn't have elevators, so wouldn't work with wheelchair.  And entry ramp to the port is steep, so you need to go inside the Pan Pacific to access the port elevator (look for the spa entrance - two elevator banks but the spa entrance markings are better than the port markings and the spa is down in the port area).

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LeeW said:

We have used this both at Fairmont Waterfront and Pan Pacific.  Note that Fairmont access tunnel doesn't have elevators, so wouldn't work with wheelchair.  And entry ramp to the port is steep, so you need to go inside the Pan Pacific to access the port elevator (look for the spa entrance - two elevator banks but the spa entrance markings are better than the port markings and the spa is down in the port area).

Thank you for clarification on that. I was thinking of bags only (and that the Fairmont would bring the bags over).

• Thanks 1

Bellmen don't use the tunnel at Fairmont and don't seem to mind the steep ramp down to the port.  But we do use the tunnel.  Has an escalator at Pan Pacific end that sometimes isn't working.

• Thanks 1

I looked at both of these for the dates in question... $700 for a hotel room is ridiculous🤡....and that's the basic rooms. might have to try that French Hotel... Card-Board🤪