Live from the Vista - March 27 (Miami) to May 1 (Trieste)

Hlitner

Does Aquamar Spa Terrace get crowded? I'm talking about the area adjacent to the spa/wellness center, not the Aquamar Kitchen. It looks lovely in theory, but doesn't appear to be very big. Considering everyone in concierge and above have access to it, I would assume it gets full quickly. 

2 minutes ago, fille_canadienne said:

Does Aquamar Spa Terrace get crowded? I'm talking about the area adjacent to the spa/wellness center, not the Aquamar Kitchen. It looks lovely in theory, but doesn't appear to be very big. Considering everyone in concierge and above have access to it, I would assume it gets full quickly. 

You would think, but many people that actually have access don't go there. There is no drink service, no food, no service at all. So you need to be able to take care of your own needs to hang out there. If you just want sun and a view, and have brought your own water or other drink then it's fine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, ORV said:

You would think, but many people that actually have access don't go there. There is no drink service, no food, no service at all. So you need to be able to take care of your own needs to hang out there. If you just want sun and a view, and have brought your own water or other drink then it's fine. 

Thank you for your reply - I will gladly take care of my own needs to avoid crowds and annoying pool music )))) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fille_canadienne said:

"Thank you for your reply - I will gladly take care of my own needs to avoid crowds..."

I actually enjoy taking care of myself and others; it is always better to be moving, IMHO.

• Haha 1

I have no issues serving myself. My husband and I are looking forward to the quiet of the Aquamar Spa terrace. It is our perk for conceirge level. Looking forward to joining you others in Valletta next month. I will be interested to see how the sailing before are going.  

There is a small frig in the Gym that will have maybe some vitamin waters in it. There should be a water refill station there also. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, fille_canadienne said:

Thank you for your reply - I will gladly take care of my own needs to avoid crowds and annoying pool music )))) 

On Vista there is a small fridge packed withe waters, sodas, etc, outside and more of the same in the gym.  We would grab some drinks from the small fridge, a towel and find a comfy place to sit/lay.  But there are no snacks anywhere close and if you want any alcoholic drinks you need to fetch for yourself and there is no bar close.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Tablemates liked the lobster in Polo so, perhaps we will give that a try.

FWIW we just got off Vista on the 27th.  My husband, a big lobster fan, was disappointed in what Polo offered.  He always cautions them to please not cook it till it is rubberized.  This time, it was “tasteless and watery”.  He didn’t eat it and the waiter discussed the following with him…the lobsters are frozen which will never give you the best results no matter who cooks it.  My husband asked him why he didn’t “warn” him, but the waiter responded that if a passenger requests a particular dish it is not his place to dissuade him.  Understandable.  He said the key is to ask questions.  If my husband had asked if he recommended the lobster the waiter would have said no, and he would have suggested the giant prawns instead.  So, fair warning and good luck!

Joanie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

FWIW we just got off Vista on the 27th.  My husband, a big lobster fan, was disappointed in what Polo offered.  He always cautions them to please not cook it till it is rubberized.  This time, it was “tasteless and watery”.  He didn’t eat it and the waiter discussed the following with him…the lobsters are frozen which will never give you the best results no matter who cooks it.  My husband asked him why he didn’t “warn” him, but the waiter responded that if a passenger requests a particular dish it is not his place to dissuade him.  Understandable.  He said the key is to ask questions.  If my husband had asked if he recommended the lobster the waiter would have said no, and he would have suggested the giant prawns instead.  So, fair warning and good luck!

Joanie

When we are at Polo Grill in February we were told the whole Maine lobster had been frozen.  While  surprised as I dont recall ever eating frozen whole Maine lobster it was nevertheless enjoyed. The foie gras was spectacular 

• Like 1

I thought I saw a previous post showing the current drink menu but I can't find it anywhere. Could someone on Vista post a picture of the current wine selections/menu. We are on the Riviera this June and friends who are joining us wanted to know what red/whites are available as part of the upgraded drink package.   I've seen comments that the offerings are "quite good" but nothing specific on the wines

thanks in advance

7 minutes ago, thebsinmiss said:

I thought I saw a previous post showing the current drink menu but I can't find it anywhere. Could someone on Vista post a picture of the current wine selections/menu. We are on the Riviera this June and friends who are joining us wanted to know what red/whites are available as part of the upgraded drink package.   I've seen comments that the offerings are "quite good" but nothing specific on the wines

thanks in advance

I think this has been asked multiple times. The wine list is the same for Simply More OR the upgrade Prestige Package. 

On 3/27/2024 at 1:58 PM, LuAnn said:

The pizza served at Waves in the evening is much better and totally different that what is found in the Terrace...at least that was my experience. If you 2 like pizza you might try it there. 

Just off the Vista...

• I don't think Terrace pizza is baked in the Wave's oven.

• Waves/evening was much better early in our voyage before word spread.

• Like 2

Techno123..... Perfect and thanks.

I actually remember going to this web page when it was originally posted but obviously got confused and thought I saw the menu on an actual CC topic post rather than the much more in depth website.

That was exactly what I was after. Gives us a great understanding of what is likely to be offered on our sailing.

1 hour ago, fille_canadienne said:

How does it work with the basic beverage package - when you sit down for lunch/dinner do you let them know that's what you have? Sorry it's not our first cruse, but it is our first with Oceania. 

They'll ask for your card at some point in your meal. I just put my card on the table before it is asked for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, fille_canadienne said:

How does it work with the basic beverage package - when you sit down for lunch/dinner do you let them know that's what you have? Sorry it's not our first cruse, but it is our first with Oceania. 

You cruise card will have a 3 letter code in the bottom right corner which indicates if you have the SM/Select beverage package or the upgraded Prestige beverage package.  At the beginning of a cruise, we have had the wine steward ask if we have a package when approaching to offer wine,  Later in the cruise, they know we do and no longer ask (if in same venue and same server).  We also just place our cards on the table where they can see and this allows them to know which package we have and easily take when they need to record our drinks.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, basor said:

You cruise card will have a 3 letter code in the bottom right corner which indicates if you have the SM/Select beverage package or the upgraded Prestige beverage package.  At the beginning of a cruise, we have had the wine steward ask if we have a package when approaching to offer wine,  Later in the cruise, they know we do and no longer ask (if in same venue and same server).  We also just place our cards on the table where they can see and this allows them to know which package we have and easily take when they need to record our drinks.  

Perfect, thank you for the explanation! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lastdance said:

I actually enjoy taking care of myself and others; it is always better to be moving, IMHO.

North Shore or South Shore? We used to live at North Shore, Carnelian Bay.

15 hours ago, Waltershipman said:

When we are at Polo Grill in February we were told the whole Maine lobster had been frozen.  While  surprised as I dont recall ever eating frozen whole Maine lobster it was nevertheless enjoyed. The foie gras was spectacular 

I just did a quick brouse and lots of lobster is frozen. For long periods of time. I can't imagine a ship keeping live lobster, much less Maine, for the duration of a cruise.

• Like 4