Bread pudding

Posted (edited)

Besides the one that is served at breakfast. What station can I find it in the Lido ?

Also has anyone seen any other flavours lately like banana or chocolate ??

omg ! I just can't wait !

Edited by Cruisetrekker
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cruisetrekker said:

Besides the one that is served at breakfast. What station can I find it in the Lido ?

We found really good bread pudding in the Lido at the ice cream station. This was on the Westerdam last September.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Bread Pudding at lido is awesome....get some.

It seems to vary at the location based on the ship but I recall finding it at the ice cream, pie, cake area or at the end caps where the bread/pizza is.....

All you need to do is ask any lido person "where is the bread pudding" and they will dispatch you to the area....

Enjoy the bread pudding.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

The Bread Pudding at lido is awesome....get some.

It seems to vary at the location based on the ship but I recall finding it at the ice cream, pie, cake area or at the end caps where the bread/pizza is.....

All you need to do is ask any lido person "where is the bread pudding" and they will dispatch you to the area....

Enjoy the bread pudding.....

It's been two years almost since I had some on the Rotterdam and my mouth is so ready for some! Lol I will be on the Statendam this time,

Edited by Cruisetrekker
  • Like 3

You are going to be in heaven. There's practically a different bread pudding every day for dessert at dinner.

Bread pudding is the new fruit crisp.

• Like 4

Two years ago, the Rotterdam hid the bread pudding with all of the bread offerings at lunch. 

It is my experience that most ships have the bread pudding on the counter behind the Sweet Spot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cruisetrekker said:

Have found it by the ice-cream station at lunch time on almost every cruise I have taken with HAL.

To me it is the best desert on the ship as I will have it most days(even go up to lido for it if we have lunch in the MDR)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I LOVE the bread pudding!  However, I only like a little bit of the vanilla sauce it is served with.  A couple of tablespoons is more than enough.  I always ask for just a tiny bit of sauce, but inevitably they dump way too much on my portion.  So many times, after asking for a very small bit of the sauce and getting handed an absolutely drenched bowl of the bread pudding, I have to hand it back.  First world problems, I know....

Edited by Taters
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Taters said:

I LOVE the bread pudding!  However, I only like a little bit of the vanilla sauce it is served with.  A couple of tablespoons is more than enough. 

LOL. I ask for "more please" when he/she thinks he/she is done pouring mine.....Never too much sauce!

Edited by FlaMariner
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

I have to stop reading, as this has made me hungry for lunch now. And since I do not have bread pudding at home, I'll have to wait for the NS.

I have to wait until June!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, POA1 said:

You are going to be in heaven. There's practically a different bread pudding every day for dessert at dinner.

Bread pudding is my favorite food. Due to health restrictions my intake is severely limited. But I always have it at least once a week on a HAL cruise with lots of exercise in between my intake of it.

Jim

Posted (edited)

There is a breakfast bread pudding on the MDR breakfast menu. I asked for a "little bit to taste," but it's pre-bowled (like pre-plated, but with a bowl.)

It was quite good. We each had a few spoonfuls, but if I ate the whole thing, I'd need a nap after breakfast. Too many breakfast carbs makes POA1 a sleepy boy. 😴

It was really good though. The candied fruit gave it sort of a fruitcake vibe. (I am one of those freaks who like a good fruitcake.)

I have not seen this on the Lido breakfast menu, which is a rarity. The Lido usually has more selections.

CROISSANT AND BREAD PUDDING  
pomegranate seeds, candied citrus

Anyway... It's in the Something Simple section of the breakfast menu, right above the Benedicts. If you are a bread pudding afficionado, and it seems like there are quite a few, give it a shot.

Edited by POA1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

I have to stop reading, as this has made me hungry for lunch now. And since I do not have bread pudding at home, I'll have to wait for the NS.I am on your cruise so you better go straight to the Lido and find it when you embark or I will probably be there first and eat it all

4 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

The only problem with the bread pudding is that there's only one sauce. Love rum or bourbon caramel sauce with it!

The ones in the MDR have varying sauces. For example, tonight on the Rotterdam, they have Sticky Toffee Bread Pudding with Crème Anglaise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

The only problem with the bread pudding is that there's only one sauce. Love rum or bourbon caramel sauce with it!

Ask for the sauce on the side then throw a shot of rum or bourbon in it, or throw the shot on the pudding before the sauce. Perhaps @POA1 could take on this vital research and submit a report on his findings. I would take it on myself but alas I won't be on Westerdam until March next year and this requires a quicker answer. Of course I wouldn't  be able to do a good job on the bourbon variant because I have never enjoyed that spirit; Rum on the other hand is more to my liking. That being said I like vanilla sauce on bread pudding so my report would be skewed towards a vanilla sauce.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Ask for the sauce on the side then throw a shot of rum or bourbon in it, or throw the shot on the pudding before the sauce. Perhaps @POA1 could take on this vital research and submit a report on his findings. I would take it on myself but alas I won't be on Westerdam until March next year and this requires a quicker answer. Of course I wouldn't  be able to do a good job on the bourbon variant because I have never enjoyed that spirit; Rum on the other hand is more to my liking. That being said I like vanilla sauce on bread pudding so my report would be skewed towards a vanilla sauce.

I would be willing to bethe taste taster with the rum

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

I do miss the days when they had liqueurs at the ice cream stations. That made for some really nice afternoon treats.
But I guess, as it goes with all good things, greedy people ruined it for everyone.

14 hours ago, POA1 said:

I sincerely hope not, bread pudding reminds me of school dinners (UK) and was never a favorite of mine! That said I have been following the menus on the Nieuw Statendam as we will be sailing on her next month and been very sorry to see hardly any fruit crisp offerings.

I hope you have not been influencing the chefs on HAL to replace my beloved fruit crisp with your beloved bread pudding. I might even need to put in a special request with of course double portion of creme anglais instead of ice cream (have to watch my weight).

33 minutes ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

I sincerely hope not, bread pudding reminds me of school dinners (UK) and was never a favorite of mine! That said I have been following the menus on the Nieuw Statendam as we will be sailing on her next month and been very sorry to see hardly any fruit crisp offerings.

I have asked about fruit crisps on my last three cruises and was told that i could order the evening before.

• Thanks 1