Less kids

North East we usually go back around Labor Day. Its the week after for us this year. THAT BEING SAID....we're planning on taking the kids on a cruise to Bermuda the week before school starts...end of August...so you might have those folks trying to squeak in last minute cruises before school starts, like us.

• Like 2

I'm just about solving my own problems, if I don't like something I don't expect others to change to my likings, I find something that works for me.  I guess I just hold realistic expectations of people and people completely changing their ways doesn't seem realistic to me.  I can only control my own actions not that of strangers.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

North East we usually go back around Labor Day. Its the week after for us this year. THAT BEING SAID....we're planning on taking the kids on a cruise to Bermuda the week before school starts...end of August...so you might have those folks trying to squeak in last minute cruises before school starts, like us.

Are you sailing on Pride out of Baltimore?  Or Venezia out of NYC?  

19 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Are you sailing on Pride out of Baltimore?  Or Venezia out of NYC?  

NCL Gem out of Boston. We sail CCL some but sail alot of other cruise lines often as well. 

11 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

NCL Gem out of Boston. We sail CCL some but sail alot of other cruise lines often as well. 

Sounds great!! Reason I asked was that Pride arrives the day Venezia departs Bermuda and we are planning on meeting some CC people from Venezia for a drink that day.  Wanted to extend the invite to you!  Have a great cruise with your family!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Sounds great!! Reason I asked was that Pride arrives the day Venezia departs Bermuda and we are planning on meeting some CC people from Venezia for a drink that day.  Wanted to extend the invite to you!  Have a great cruise with your family!!

That is very kind and thoughtful of you. Great to have nice civil people on these boards still, reminds me of the old days!

Enjoy your cruise as well, and time with fellow CC'ers--catch you the next time around. 

On 3/24/2024 at 10:56 AM, ober134 said:

It's not the kids that bother me as much as the parents that let their kids run wild and create havoc in hallways at night and clog up all the hot tubs. No offense intended, I raised mine to be respectful... I guess times have changed.

Yep, just got off the Mardi Gras and one night in Brass Magnolia there was a group of adults there drinking at one table, had their kids, about six of them, all under 10 at another table. Kids may have been okay except for the one dad who had them all worked up, literally picking them up and throwing them over his shoulder, while the musicians were playing. I've seldom seen anything so disrespectful to the performers as well as to the guests who were trying to listen to them. The two tables on either side of us finally gave up and left.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

Right you shouldn't have to go somewhere else because of unruly behavior. The unruly behavior should be kept in line.

Problem is that it's too often NOT being kept in line. I saw TONS of security people on this last cruise but didn't see them doing much...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sunkey1 said:

Yep, just got off the Mardi Gras and one night in Brass Magnolia there was a group of adults there drinking at one table, had their kids, about six of them, all under 10 at another table. Kids may have been okay except for the one dad who had them all worked up, literally picking them up and throwing them over his shoulder, while the musicians were playing. I've seldom seen anything so disrespectful to the performers as well as to the guests who were trying to listen to them. The two tables on either side of us finally gave up and left.

Precisely why I try to sail in the school year.And here you have 6 kids who could care less about the band taking up space that a group of adults would enjoy having. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gladys Kravitz said:

Precisely why I try to sail in the school year.And here you have 6 kids who could care less about the band taking up space that a group of adults would enjoy having. 

Last time I checked we are in the middle of the school year...unless I guess those kids are on spring break maybe.

2 hours ago, cacruisin said:

I'm just about solving my own problems, if I don't like something I don't expect others to change to my likings, I find something that works for me.  I guess I just hold realistic expectations of people and people completely changing their ways doesn't seem realistic to me.  I can only control my own actions not that of strangers.

That's noble of you, but if we keep lowering the bar for behavioral  expectations,  we all lose.  What is acceptable today is a far cry of what was acceptable in the past and the world is not a better place. 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Last time I checked we are in the middle of the school year...unless I guess those kids are on spring break maybe.

Yep, and the problem these days is that spring break, which used to run a week or two before or after Easter, now encompasses most of March And April....

57 minutes ago, sunkey1 said:

Problem is that it's too often NOT being kept in line. I saw TONS of security people on this last cruise but didn't see them doing much...

Unless there is a safety issue, there's not much security is going to do.  They aren't there to babysit badly behaved kids, that's a parenting issue.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Hence the timers on most hot tubs. Thalassptheropy pools are entirely different.   The ones on the Dream class are are large and enclosed.   The bubbles are "vigorous " so you have to hold on. The water is on the verge of hot and is full of minerals. 

I can handle about 15 minutes top in the thalassotherapy pools. They are true blue hot tubs, and there is signage warning not to spend much more than 15 minutes. I'd be calling medical if someone was in for 30 minutes. 

• Like 2

On 3/23/2024 at 3:14 PM, Gladys Kravitz said:

Would June, July or August be better to avoid a barrage of kids or will it not make any difference? 

Late June/early July will probably be the worst, because that's the stretch of time that pretty much all kids will be out of school.

As for the rest of your suggested months, there will be kids on summer vacation during all of that, but other kids back/still in school. School calendars vary widely, but pretty much everyone will be out late June/early July.

For example, my kids get out of school the third week of May, and go back the third week of July. But when we lived in Virginia, they got out the third week of June and went back the first week of September. So I think you'll see large amounts of kids anytime from late May to early September, with less kids in May/early June and August/early Sept. And the most amount of kids in late June and early July.

• Like 1

Just got off the Magic - 4500 guests, 1400 or so were kids (under 18).   It wasn't horrible - most of them were pretty polite.   They were just loud.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sabalon said:

Just got off the Magic - 4500 guests, 1400 or so were kids (under 18).   It wasn't horrible - most of them were pretty polite.   They were just loud.  

I can handle loud kids having fun (as long as it's not in the hallway late at night😉)

19 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I can handle loud kids having fun (as long as it's not in the hallway late at night😉)

I think one night a group was playing tag at around 10 or 11.  And sometimes the hot tub outside our room got noisy.  But nothing major.  Seeing the happiness outweighed anything else.

• Like 3

On 4/7/2024 at 2:18 PM, Sabalon said:

I think one night a group was playing tag at around 10 or 11.  And sometimes the hot tub outside our room got noisy.  But nothing major.  Seeing the happiness outweighed anything else.

Now that is a great attitude to have.  😀

• Like 1

On 4/6/2024 at 3:53 PM, Butterbean1000 said:

I guess one of the benefits of my 24 years in the Navy was learning to sleep through almost anything. Hard to imagine being lulled to sleep with jets taking off and landing on the flight deck just 1 deck above your berthing area but it's just something you get conditioned to. Stuff being dropped on the flight deck - no biggie, Blue shirts or brown shirts dragging tie down chains across the flight deck - no biggie. The one exception would be the alarms (general quarters, collision, fire). I would always wake to those. Again - just a conditioned response. So I still sleep through just about everything these days. Wife likes the bedroom TV on all night sometimes, no problem, I sleep right through it. Light earthquake (under @ 5.4) - I'll sleep right through it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2