Less kids

51 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Security needs to round up kids running wild, take them to Guest Services and page their parents to come get.  

Take 'em to the brig.  If that doesn't scare the kids and set expectations for the parents, then they're both beyond hope.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

I've had parents sit in the hot tub as their child proceeds to dive and kick out water at the other people in the hot tub.  I tell the child to please stop kicking and mom gives me a side-eye like I was Cruella de Ville.

On another thread complaining about kids in the hot tubs, one parent responded with "I paid just as much money as anyone, so my kids are just as entitled to the hot tubs as anyone". Oy vey.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

On another thread complaining about kids in the hot tubs, one parent responded with "I paid just as much money as anyone, so my kids are just as entitled to the hot tubs as anyone". Oy vey.

That is true and they can use the hot tubs obviously, but they are not to act like baboons in the hot tubs.

Lots of reasons I no longer use the hot tubs on Carnival. Kids are just one of them.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, salty dingo said:

You may find them during the school year also. My Feb. 18th cruise on Panorama was chock full of kids

Lots of schools have off the week of Presidents Day, because so many families were taking trips then (fewer missed school days). In our school district we just call it ski week. 

Gladys, from my (somewhat limited) experience, I’d pick August. Many areas are back in school, many colleges have started back up, though not all obviously. Last year we took a weeklong cruise at the end of May, forgetting how many schools/colleges had already wrapped up. Soooo many kids!

• Like 1

In Texas, school ends in May and starts the 2nd week of Aug. 

Try staying in Tha Havana area on a Vista or Excel?

And, even as a mom, I can't stand to be in a hot tub full of children. I never got in the hot tub on our last cruise and if I did it would have probably been on serenity. The few times that one of our kids would go in the hot tub my husband would sit in there with her.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

That is true and they can use the hot tubs obviously, but they are not to act like baboons in the hot tubs.

Lots of reasons I no longer use the hot tubs on Carnival. Kids are just one of them.

I've seen kids snorkle in them.  I'm not a huge hot tub user, occasionally on the evening on Serenity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

The yellow water scares me!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

The yellow water scares me!

Yeah the biggest thing is they're like bath water warm, so people will sit in them for hours drinking and never get out to use the bathroom. 🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, salty dingo said:

You may find them during the school year also. My Feb. 18th cruise on Panorama was chock full of kids

Lots of school systems have breaks during President's Day Week. Some years that also overlaps with the Mardi Gras holidays, which affects places like Mobile and New Orleans.

9 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

That's it! I am going to Camp Carnival and insist that they let me in to play with their stuff and do their craft projects. After all, I paid just as much as those kids! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

That's it! I am going to Camp Carnival and insist that they let me in to play with their stuff and do their craft projects. After all, I paid just as much as those kids! 

You paid more.  Kids are notorious deadbeats. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Parent was correct but, as you indicate, it's not acceptable for kids or adults to engage in that - or other - disruptive behavior (e.g. drunken, rude behavior, etc.). 

Edited by ChutChut
added text
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I've seen kids snorkle in them.  I'm not a huge hot tub user, occasionally on the evening on Serenity.

And I have seen adults in them for hours without getting out and drinking buckets of beers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

And I have seen adults in them for hours without getting out and drinking buckets of beers.

Carnival really needs to make the hot tubs hot and not just bath water warm. That would help immensely. 

23 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Carnival really needs to make the hot tubs hot and not just bath water warm. That would help immensely. 

I am not a huge hot tubber,  but I am a thalassotherapy pool fan.  we usually book a spa room for unlimited access to it.  I don't see how anyone can stay in either one for hours. 

3 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I am not a huge hot tubber,  but I am a thalassotherapy pool fan.  we usually book a spa room for unlimited access to it.  I don't see how anyone can stay in either one for hours. 

The hot tubs on Serenity and Lido decks are really just jacuzzi bath tubs...the water is warm, but not hot. Like bath water. A true hot tub should be hot enough that you really can't stand to be in it for much longer than 10-15 minutes, especially out in the sun in the tropics. I have never been in the thalassotherapy pools so I don't know how they compare.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, mz-s said:

The hot tubs on Serenity and Lido decks are really just jacuzzi bath tubs...the water is warm, but not hot. Like bath water. A true hot tub should be hot enough that you really can't stand to be in it for much longer than 10-15 minutes, especially out in the sun in the tropics. I have never been in the thalassotherapy pools so I don't know how they compare.

Hence the timers on most hot tubs. Thalassptheropy pools are entirely different.   The ones on the Dream class are are large and enclosed.   The bubbles are "vigorous " so you have to hold on. The water is on the verge of hot and is full of minerals. 

Edited by Butterbean1000
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Exactly...Security needs to round up kids running wild, take them to Guest Services and page their parents to come get.  

Round em up, give em lots of sugar and then call their parents to come get them 😁

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 6:14 PM, Gladys Kravitz said:

We usually cruise during the school year to avoid children but don’t have a choice this time. Would June, July or August be better to avoid a barrage of kids or will it not make any difference? No offense to those bringing their children, it’s my problem. There’s a cruise leaving Aug 28 th out of NYC but from what I see, school doesn’t start until mid Sept. 

I also cruise during the school year to avoid kids. For many years I had to cruise when school was out with my kids. Now that they are grown I don't do it anymore.

8 minutes ago, cacruisin said:

For those so adamantly opposed to sailing with children, look into Virgin cruises.... ZERO children allowed.  

It's definitely on the list. Have heard great things.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cacruisin said:

For those so adamantly opposed to sailing with children, look into Virgin cruises.... ZERO children allowed.  

You know, people always say if you don't like whatever, just go somewhere else. That is an option, but I happen to like the Carnival product.  Why should people be.chased away because of bad behavior of parents that don't supervise their children?  I am not anti-kid, I am anti-nonpresent parents.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

You know, people always say if you don't like whatever, just go somewhere else. That is an option, but I happen to like the Carnival product.  Why should people be.chased away because of bad behavior of parents that don't supervise their children?  I am not anti-kid, I am anti-nonpresent parents.

Right you shouldn't have to go somewhere else because of unruly behavior. The unruly behavior should be kept in line.

• Like 6