Hotel recommendations for ft. Lauderdale

kalkal

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

Both the Hyatts at Dania Pointe are great.  Tons of nice restaurants within walking distance

I see the Hyatt House there, and the Hyatt Place Convention Center to the north of the airport. Is there another Hyatt in the Danai Pointe area?

Thanks!

49 minutes ago, blue_water said:

I see the Hyatt House there, and the Hyatt Place Convention Center to the north of the airport. Is there another Hyatt in the Danai Pointe area?

Thanks!

There is a Hyatt House and a Hyatt Place across the street from one another at Dania Pointe

1 hour ago, Pepperoni0120 said:

Question...Read it is .4 miles to the port. Have a baby with us...Is it a nice walk with a stroller and rolling luggage or not safe??

First, the port is very large and the cruise terminals are spread out.  See the map on their website:  www.porteverglades.net

Second, 17th Street is a 6 lane road which means traffic with lots of entrances to hotels and shopping areas which means paying close attention crossing each driveway. 

Third, the area is safe but busy.  I walk a couple of miles everyday but not along busy streets.

Fourth, transporting luggage, rolling notwithstanding, in the heat and humidity of Fort Lauderdale for at least half the year is not a nice walk.  Also the sidewalks might not be kind to your luggage wheels.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pepperoni0120 said:

Was there a free airport and port shuttle at Riverside Hotel or what was cost?

There was not a shuttle when I was there in October 2022.  I would call the hotel and ask for current info.

Actually, the taxi from the hotel to Port Everglades was about $20 which I think is reasonable.  I've read here that Uber/Taxi from the FLL airport is about $20 also.

I'll be at the Riverside a month from now!  It's a nice change from the chain hotels.

~Nancy

9 hours ago, Pepperoni0120 said:

Was there a free airport and port shuttle at Riverside Hotel or what was cost?

We took a taxi to the Riverside Hotel from FLL for about $25.  They offered a shuttle to the port for $12 pp, which was easy peasy.  

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Pepperoni0120 said:

Question...Read it is .4 miles to the port. Have a baby with us...Is it a nice walk with a stroller and rolling luggage or not safe??

Yikes! A baby in a stroller, plus your luggage, plus walking in the heat.

If I had no luggage then it would be walkable and I would still get transportation. It is very close to the port entrance and is about a block and a half to Duffy's sports bar in the Harbor Shops. 2 for 1 drinks all day every day and the food is pretty dam good. We go there right after getting into our hotel. There are several other restaurants in the Harbor Shops area, or a block or 2 away. 

Riverside downtown is in a great location also, just a bit farther from airport and port.

On 3/27/2024 at 8:41 PM, Ashland said:

OP try looking at ValueTrip rates for your date.

Wanted to say thank you for this recommendation. I had never heard of this site before your mention and was able to secure an over night for our upcoming December cruise and saved ~40-45% from expedia, similar site rates.

Many thanks!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AlpacaBag said:

Wanted to say thank you for this recommendation. I had never heard of this site before your mention and was able to secure an over night for our upcoming December cruise and saved ~40-45% from expedia, similar site rates.

Many thanks!

how long did it take to hear back? I also tried making a reservation for July 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing.

19 minutes ago, Pepperoni0120 said:

how long did it take to hear back? I also tried making a reservation for July 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing.

I'd say about 14 days, give or take a day or two.

30 minutes ago, Pepperoni0120 said:

Have option to stay in FLL at Renaissance Marina or Courtyard by Marriott both not too far from port. Has anyone got pros and cons for these two hotels? My price is the roughly the same.

actually not Courtyard but Hyatt Place downtown location vs Renaissance Marina? 

7 hours ago, Pepperoni0120 said:

Call Hyatt Place directly and give them your name and date of stay and they can verify your reservation and give you the booking number. 

The response from ValueTrips can vary.