Luggage tags

They will be available with your cruise docs (I believe) 30 days prior to your sail date. If you do not see them listed by themselves, there will be a copy in your cruise docs toward the very back. Either way, there will only be one copy so if you want more than that, you will need to print multiple copies.

• Like 1

You can also get them at the terminal. Just ask a luggage handler. The tags are the strong ones just like the airlines give. Just write your cabin number or the handler will and you're good to go. Couldn't be easier.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2024 at 3:08 PM, cruiseguy1016 said:

They will be available with your cruise docs (I believe) 30 days prior to your sail date. If you do not see them listed by themselves, there will be a copy in your cruise docs toward the very back. Either way, there will only be one copy so if you want more than that, you will need to print multiple copies.

There was a post on one of my cruise groups from someone wanting to know how thry could request extra luggage tags as they only received one.   

• Haha 5

You can request them at the port as many posters have properly stated.

That said, printing them out ahead of time and having them attached to your bags can cross one more travel item off of your list. I attach three or four on different handles for insurance so it can be read from many angles. If one gets torn off from handling, there are backups.

As you get close to your cruise, Royal will have your cruise document available in one selection and luggage tags available in another.

Download and print the luggage tags which include your cabin but not your name.

Optional to fill in your name.

In most cases, your luggage will be in your cabin passageway within 100 feet of your cabin.

I have had to "forage" for my luggage sometimes but they will hopefully be on your deck in your general area.

Once or twice in thirty plus years, the baggage was on the opposite side of the ship in an area that I would not normally think of where it should be. If you do not succeed at first, cast a bigger net.

Like an Easter Egg hunt, let's find the luggage.

All part of the cruising experience, albeit, it could be an airplane, bus, or train experience as well.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There was a post on one of my cruise groups from someone wanting to know how thry could request extra luggage tags as they only received one.   

I assume you're talking about the one in your cruise docs, on the last page,  that are available online.  I print out just that page, as many as I need.  We put 2 tags on each checked bag.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

If you only have medium (25"+-) and carryon size baggage , you do not need the tags . Both fit through screening machines . Check in around 1:00 and go straight to cabin . 

Edited by ssb

15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Have them forward the email to you and then you can send them multiple copies back....

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Have them forward the email to you and then you can send them multiple copies back....

Actually, this is a unique answer that might do the trick.

Some people just have a hard time with technology because they have not experienced it their whole lives as in generations born after 1980.

Or, as you semi-suggested, divvy the luggage page .pdf to another attachment where you just duplicated it by say in the one document, five.

When they print the one attached document,, they get five copies.

That works without insulting the person who just does not get technology and document processing..

On 3/28/2024 at 12:41 PM, Ashland said:

You can also get them at the terminal. Just ask a luggage handler. The tags are the strong ones just like the airlines give. Just write your cabin number or the handler will and you're good to go. Couldn't be easier.

We cruised out of Singapore last year. We arrived at the port with our tagged luggage. There was 2 lines to drop off luggage. 1. Guests with luggage with already tagged luggage and 2. Guests that needed luggage tags.  There was only a few guests in tagged luggage. We were able to quickly drop off our luggage and proceed to checkin.  The line up for guests needing luggage tags was long. 
In NA and EU ports, luggage drop off is easy with or without tags as porters with tags are readily available.  Singapore port handled luggage drop off differently.

• Like 1

Even in NA ports I've seen long lines for the people with no tags.  Always try to avoid that.  Before Royal up got a surprise upgrade.  Called and they emailed the new tags.  Printed as many as needed.

12 minutes ago, TeamCan said:

We cruised out of Singapore last year. We arrived at the port with our tagged luggage. There was 2 lines to drop off luggage. 1. Guests with luggage with already tagged luggage and 2. Guests that needed luggage tags.  There was only a few guests in tagged luggage. We were able to quickly drop off our luggage and proceed to checkin.  The line up for guests needing luggage tags was long. 
In NA and EU ports, luggage drop off is easy with or without tags as porters with tags are readily available.  Singapore port handled luggage drop off differently.

Perhaps this has changed as we didn't have this happen to us last time out of Singapore.

Things can and do change at embarkation ports.

3 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Even in NA ports I've seen long lines for the people with no tags.  Always try to avoid that.  Before Royal up got a surprise upgrade.  Called and they emailed the new tags.  Printed as many as needed.

We cruised 7 times 2022, 4 times in 2023 and 2 times (so far) in 2024 and have yet to see a line or problem getting tags from the luggage handler taking our luggage. Lucky I guess.

Our choice to get tags this way...so far so good but each to their own.

Posted (edited)

Instead of doing the origami folds suggested on the luggage tags, I use the paper cutter to trim it down and then use my handy dandy thermal document sealer to make water proof luggage tags I easily staple on and place inside my check through luggage.

I prefer using the preprinted tags so there are no questions about how I might write a number or other info requested on the tags.

Edited by temple1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, temple1 said:

Instead of doing the origami folds suggested on the luggage tags, I use the paper cutter to trim it down and then use my handy dandy document sealer to make water proof luggage tags I easily staple on and place inside my check through luggage.

Bought luggage tag holders years ago. Trim the extra off, write our name, slip them in the holders.  Easy to attach before leaving the hotel for the port.

Edited by njkruzer
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Bought luggage tag holders years ago. Trim the extra off, write our name, slip them in the holders.  Easy to attach before leaving the hotel for the port.

This is how we do it also. It's so easy to do it this way. No need to bring tape or staplers with you. But, what seems so simple to me may not seem that way to others. As Ashland said, to each their own.

6 hours ago, temple1 said:

Instead of doing the origami folds suggested on the luggage tags, I use the paper cutter to trim it down

6 hours ago, njkruzer said:

5 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

This is how we do it also. It's so easy to do it this way. No need to bring tape or staplers with you. But, what seems so simple to me may not seem that way to others.

I'm a big fan of the luggage tag holders as well. However, as a well-educated and allegedly intelligent person, I'm embarrassed to admit how many cruises it took me to realize that I no longer needed to do the origami and could just use the paper cutter. 🤣😂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

I'm a big fan of the luggage tag holders as well. However, as a well-educated and allegedly intelligent person, I'm embarrassed to admit how many cruises it took me to realize that I no longer needed to do the origami and could just use the paper cutter. 🤣😂 

Oops. 😂

• Haha 1

On 3/30/2024 at 1:28 PM, Ashland said:

We cruised 7 times 2022, 4 times in 2023 and 2 times (so far) in 2024 and have yet to see a line or problem getting tags from the luggage handler taking our luggage. Lucky I guess.

Our choice to get tags this way...so far so good but each to their own.

We were on Oasis in Miami two months ago. There was a long, chaotic line at the terminal because a whole busload had no luggage tags.  Our bus pulled up behind them, and there was no room to get off the bus.  Our bus driver couldn't even start unloading luggage because there was no room on the traffic island.

You have been extremely lucky.

1 hour ago, steveru621 said:

We were on Oasis in Miami two months ago. There was a long, chaotic line at the terminal because a whole busload had no luggage tags.  Our bus pulled up behind them, and there was no room to get off the bus.  Our bus driver couldn't even start unloading luggage because there was no room on the traffic island.

You have been extremely lucky.

We just sailed out of POM on Feb 23rd and again May 4th. Luggage handler's waiting as we got out of our hotel (Hampton Inn Suites Blue Lagoon) shuttle and again out of our Avis car rental shuttle. Couldn't have been easier for us. 

Sorry you weren't as lucky.

• Like 2

I have a flu cruise booked, will arrive in Barcelona then I assume straight on a bus to take me to the port.  I assume the luggage tag holders woulld be beneficial for me?  I'm worried I have to staple the tags on before boarding my flight and then they may be unintentionally removed.

3 hours ago, Woozisuzi said:

I have a flu cruise booked, will arrive in Barcelona then I assume straight on a bus to take me to the port.  I assume the luggage tag holders woulld be beneficial for me?  I'm worried I have to staple the tags on before boarding my flight and then they may be unintentionally removed.

Yes they would work well for you.  Easy to use.

4 hours ago, Woozisuzi said:

For the cost - I paid $6.99 for 6 of them on Amazon - it just made sense for us to do it this way. I put the tags in the holders at home before we leave and then put the tags/holders on the luggage before heading to the pier.

8 hours ago, Woozisuzi said:

Don't ever put cruise tags on before a flight. Just get the tags at your port and don't stress over this as it couldn't be easier.