Anniversary trip

My friend and my family sailing in Sapphire princess in May to Alaska. This is our wedding anniversary trip. What are the options that cruise line offers for any celebration or dinner on anniversary day? If any such exist, what should we do?

If you list it on the app, you will receive a "free" personalized chocolate/mousse cake.  You will also be celebrated on any digital board as you pass by with your Medallion.  Wait staff will sing to you.

If I were you, I would make plans to decorate your cabin on your own.  I find Princess' packages to be extremely expensive.

You may bring flowers onboard (but may not take them off/not supposed to).

• Like 1

If you let the Cruise Director know, sometimes they will mention it and send good wishes during the morning Wake Show on the day of your anniversary. If you want to have some fun and are a good sport, since it is your anniversary cruise, you might consider sighing up to participate in the "Marriage Match Show". Always good fun and usually held toward the end of the cruise.

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

If I were you, I would make plans to decorate your cabin on your own.

We always bring our own cabin decorations too, but since the OP asked specifically about what the cruise line offers, I shared the website link.

There used to be a box to check on the Personalizer to celebrate a birthday or anniversary for free, and there would be a free sign and balloons on the cabin door. Unfortunately I don't think they offer that any more. We have enjoyed the Medallion screens for birthday wishes though!

• Like 2

The key will be to let Princess know. (and perhaps remind them when you get onboard)

With the medallion system, this might show up for the staff every time they are interacting with you.

Is the Anniversary Cake the same as the Birthday Cake?  Has that changed in the last year or so?   We sailed on my birthday, and the cake was actually quite good... ended up being a nice touch.   I do not know if they tend to sing 'Happy Anniversary',  as they might 'Happy Birthday'...  When we cruised on my Birthday, it was after a long Port day,  and we kind of told them I didn't want any big to-do.  But we had the best waiter!!!  Just by himself he did a little understated "Happy Birthday" as he brought the cake.  It was really sweet!!!

If you want to have a special dinner, and not the usually busy MDR, you should make those plans at one of the specialty restaurants onboard.  I don't know if this is true on your ship,  but I tend to think that Sabatini's tables are not as tight and possibly less busy than Crown Grill.

Let the Head Waiter know that you want this to be an anniversary dinner, and they should take care of you and reserve you a good table.

Another thing to consider. (unless the weather is a factor in Alaska - which it might be very cool in May) is the Balcony breakfast or Balcony Dinner.  I understand they will do this inside your cabin in cool/wet weather.  Not sure how you might like that, and if you have a larger cabin.

Congratulations!  and enjoy!

There was one Assistant Manager in the MDR who had a terrific voice.  He sang loud enough that everyone was able to enjoy his song for the special person/s.

4 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

If you list it on the app, you will receive a "free" personalized chocolate/mousse cake.  You will also be celebrated on any digital board as you pass by with your Medallion.  Wait staff will sing to you.

If I were you, I would make plans to decorate your cabin on your own.  I find Princess' packages to be extremely expensive.

The digital board celebrating your special occasion is very cool. This was for my birthday on the Sapphire a couple of years ago.When you get close to the board, it does an animated thing where confetti explodes on the screen. 

IMG_1849.jpeg

• Like 2

I did find the 'Add a Celebration' option on the app. We used to get a free sign and balloons on the door, and a card for a free cake during the cruise. Not sure what the free perks are now, other than the message boards. Can't hurt to fill it out and see what you get 🙂

Screenshot_20240331_124044_Princess.jpg

Screenshot_20240331_124053_Princess.jpg

Screenshot_20240331_124056_Princess.jpg

We did the Ultimate Balcony Dinner last year on the Crown for our 50th anniversary.  It was very good.  There was Champagne and a delicious  chocolate cake, which was larger than the one you would get in MDR or specialty dining.  It also came with a complimentary photo and flowers.  I believe it was $110 with a tip for the waiter.  It is delivered course by course.  Somehow the waiters in Crown Grill found out it was our anniversary cruise and we got another cake and the waiters singing Happy Anniversary".

1 hour ago, Paula_MacFan said:

I did find the 'Add a Celebration' option on the app. We used to get a free sign and balloons on the door, and a card for a free cake during the cruise. Not sure what the free perks are now, other than the message boards. Can't hurt to fill it out and see what you get 🙂

Screenshot_20240331_124044_Princess.jpg

Screenshot_20240331_124053_Princess.jpg

Screenshot_20240331_124056_Princess.jpg

Thanks so much for sharing!! This is awesome! I just went in and added my husband’s birthday which we will be celebrating onboard this summer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marden1970 said:

We did the Ultimate Balcony Dinner last year on the Crown for our 50th anniversary.  It was very good.  There was Champagne and a delicious  chocolate cake, which was larger than the one you would get in MDR or specialty dining.  It also came with a complimentary photo and flowers.  I believe it was $110 with a tip for the waiter.  It is delivered course by course.  Somehow the waiters in Crown Grill found out it was our anniversary cruise and we got another cake and the waiters singing Happy Anniversary".

With the price of specialty dining increasing, the Ultimate Balcony Dining really is a good value for everything you get!

• Like 1

Birthdays and anniversaries count if they are a month or so before/after the cruise.  The free dining room cake used to be a Love Boat Dream to share with a candle on it and waiters singing.  Haven't seen balloons in years since people started complaining about allergies to latex.

My husband's birthday happens to be the same day as our wedding anniversary. I put both occasions into the app before our last sailing. At the end of the Chef's table dinner we did, the staff brought out the desserts, then took coffee orders...we were all absolutely stuffed...AND THEN, they proceeded to bring out small chocolate cakes for all of us at the table who were celebrating a special occasion during the cruise. So my husband and I, already at critical mass, had our desserts, coffees, and TWO chocolate cakes in front of us 😂 Lesson learned!

PXL_20240228_030451648.PORTRAIT.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Don't rely on just listing your special day in the app.  Our TA put in our 30th anniversary last year and I double checked to make sure it was listed in the app before embarkation.  We had no recognition whatsoever.  Nothing on the door screen, no mention from our Room Steward, nothing at our Specialty Dinner at the Crown Grill, nothing.  We didn't mention it to anyone onboard thinking since it was included in our app Personalizer, they would know.  I'm still sore about it, lol.  If you want the recognition, be sure to mention to anyone and everyone!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MTNest93 said:

Don't rely on just listing your special day in the app.  Our TA put in our 30th anniversary last year and I double checked to make sure it was listed in the app before embarkation.  We had no recognition whatsoever.  Nothing on the door screen, no mention from our Room Steward, nothing at our Specialty Dinner at the Crown Grill, nothing.  We didn't mention it to anyone onboard thinking since it was included in our app Personalizer, they would know.  I'm still sore about it, lol.  If you want the recognition, be sure to mention to anyone and everyone!

The absolute last thing I want is ballon’s on my door, singing in the MDR and especially my data showing up on a signboard. We never ever sign up for celebrations on board

Maybe an issue with the APP, and it not showing up onboard for staff????

We have all heard of these IT glitches with Princess!

If one does want to be recognized, then yes it might be good to mention it when getting onboard.

On 3/29/2024 at 2:39 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

We celebrated our 50th Anniversary on the Emerald last December.  I put it on our personalizer and nothing was said to us,  I was disappointed as we have celebrated birthdays onboard and they made us feel special.  Still had a wonderful cruise, of course!

On 3/29/2024 at 1:32 PM, mncbabu_yahoo said:

My friend and my family sailing in Sapphire princess in May to Alaska. This is our wedding anniversary trip. What are the options that cruise line offers for any celebration or dinner on anniversary day? If any such exist, what should we do?

Someone can help me here but maybe you can contact Princess and see if the captain will participate in you renewing your vows on the ship. 

It's not quite the same thing but we renewed our vows on our 30th anniversary while sailing around the Hawaiin Islands on Kuai. A beautiful memory.

Congratulations on your anniversary.  Enjoy your special occasion.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

Someone can help me here but maybe you can contact Princess and see if the captain will participate in you renewing your vows on the ship. 

It's not quite the same thing but we renewed our vows on our 30th anniversary while sailing around the Hawaiin Islands on Kuai. A beautiful memory.

Congratulations on your anniversary.  Enjoy your special occasion.

There are packages they offer for vow renewals. Here is a link:

https://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/celebrations/cruise-gifts-services/romance-packages

Edited by karatemom2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jeffreytspell said:

Silly question! How do I find the  "Celebrations" page in the new app?

For some reason, I am not finding it.

Thank you for your help.

From the home screen click on the 'All Set' button, then you'll see the 'Complete Required Check-In Steps'; scroll all the way to the bottom of this screen and you'll see the 'Add a Celebration' option. See attached screen shots.

Screenshot_20240410_201821_Princess.jpg

Screenshot_20240410_201807_Princess.jpg

Screenshot_20240410_201812_Princess.jpg

• Thanks 1