EQUINOX AQUA OR APEX BALCONY

shiny1

Trying to decide on a holiday cruise! The Equinox is over Christmas, which would be nice and we could have Aqua Class. The Apex is a little before Christmas and of course a newer ship, but we could only afford the balcony not Aqua Class. 
Has anyone sailed both of these ships? The itineraries are pretty equal. 
Just wondering what kind of shape the Equinox is in and types of entertainment on each.  Any information or opinions would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks!

On the E class ships the 4 MDRs are excellent, we booked Aqua on our 1st E class sailing and decided the extra cost for AQ wasn’t worth it.  Equinox,  I would 

book AQ.

Posted (edited)

The Equinox is going into dry dock once it gets  to Europe, on April 23rd.Hopefully it will get a nice refresh!!

Aqua class is wonderful imo and worth the price !

Edited by MCOgirl
Spelling

My choice would be the Equinox.  First, you seem excited about Aqua; so go do it.  Also, being a holiday cruise, you should expect it to be full.  I find the S-Class ships have more smaller venues which makes the ship not feel as full to me vs the E-Class where you just have a giant martini bar & eden bar.

If Apex was a Christmas sailing, I'd 100% recommend sailing her. She's got all the bells and whistles!

But it's Christmas. Being at sea on December 25th is really, really special. Do Equinox but consider saving money by downgrading to Veranda as Aqua isn't really all that special on the S-class as it is on E-class.

My 2-cents.