Another problem for HAL's IT Department

This might be helpful to anyone with the “white screen issue.” Updating my iOS to the newest version helped me and I no longer have the dreaded white screen issue. I can “Manage My Cruise.” Hallelujah. 

However, I still cannot use my Account button — unfortunately it’s a completely dead link. I wonder what info I can’t see by not being able to open my Account? Hope it’s nothing too important … lol. 
(I cannot see onboard credits or our Club Orange purchase but HAL said there is no way to see this on the website at this point anyway).

Posted (edited)

I finally got tired of the issues and since the Contact Us feature only returned an error message, I sent an email to Guest Relations and copied it to Gus Antorcha.  On Monday I received a phone call from my PCC.  They dumped it on her.  She said she was getting the same error messages in my account as I was and forwarded a report to the IT department.  

Please contact them and let them know what your issues are.  I made the point that a company that did such a sloppy job on the website might not be trustworthy to pay attention to detail on the actual cruise.  Customers should not have to devise work arounds to access the information on the website.  

To date, none of the issues I reported have been resolved.  

You can find contact information here:  Holland America Customer Service Contact Support Via Phone Email Exec Contacts - Elliott Report

Edited by dfish
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Ileneilene123 said:

(I cannot see onboard credits or our Club Orange purchase but HAL said there is no way to see this on the website at this point anyway).

If you have written confirmation of your onboard credits (I always receive a copy of this), and for your Club Orange purchase, why do you need to see it on the website? 

I always have a written copy of everything that's included in my booking, whether from the booking itself, or an add-on that I have purchased. That includes on-board credits, HIA inclusions, shore excursions I have purchased, specialty dinners, spa/salon purchases, and have never felt the need to see if they are listed on the website. 
It's the paperwork that matters, and is what is accepted as confirmation if something were ever to go wrong. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Ruth, have all that too. Just trying to book dining, shore excursions. Plus very troubling when HAL says your cruise doesn't exist! If I was a new cruiser I would be very worried, I should be accustomed to this but seems much worse since the shut down!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dfish said:

I finally got tired of the issues and since the Contact Us feature only returned an error message, I sent an email to Guest Relations and copied it to Gus Antorcha.  On Monday I received a phone call from my PCC.  They dumped it on her.  She said she was getting the same error messages in my account as I was and forwarded a report to the IT department.  

Please contact them and let them know what your issues are.  I made the point that a company that did such a sloppy job on the website might not be trustworthy to pay attention to detail on the actual cruise.  Customers should not have to devise work arounds to access the information on the website.  

To date, none of the issues I reported have been resolved.  

You can find contact information here:  Holland America Customer Service Contact Support Via Phone Email Exec Contacts - Elliott Report

I’m so sorry for your frustrating experience. I can relate. We had a similar experience of dead ends. Started by repeatedly reporting the issues to our PCC. Who repeatedly reported them to IT. We never heard anything from that avenue. 

Next, I sent emails to Guest Relations & to Navigator Support. I was detailed in explaining the issues, attaching screen shots, etc. Never heard back from Navigator Support. Guest Relations replied suggesting that I contact Navigator Support??? They also suggested reinstalling the App. No response about the website issues at all.

After that I updated my iOS — I can now finally (mostly) use the website so calling it a day.  

(I will add that I still cannot access my account with the Account button. Dead link. I cannot help but wonder what’s in my Account that I can’t see? I tried the chat function to ask but they would not/could not answer that question. Kept telling me to contact Guest Relations. And so it goes).

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, RuthC said:

It's the paperwork that matters, and is what is accepted as confirmation if something were ever to go wrong. 

Good advice, Ruth. Knowing that we cannot access our HAL accounts on the website has made us extra vigilant. I have been printing out everything. I am double checking our paperwork & pointing out any omissions to our PCC (she initially left off a shipboard credit, had us in the wrong room category and did not include our cabin number). It’s challenging since it’s our first cruise but we are handling it so far.

Edited by Ileneilene123

Just had a email from the "head of the e-commerce" team. He said he forwarded my email to IT and they are looking into the problems. Noe they just need to FIX the problems! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gsel said:

Just had a email from the "head of the e-commerce" team. He said he forwarded my email to IT and they are looking into the problems. Noe they just need to FIX the problems! 

I agree on the fix part.  They've been looking into the problems for a while now.

2 hours ago, Gsel said:

Not sure they even know how!

You're probably right.  Perhaps with our complaints we should submit the names of high school kids who could figure it out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Remember the feedback button on the left margin.  I use it frequently.  This morning I was sure to tell them they could simply get a GoDaddy website and do better😆

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Gsel said:

If we all keep using that feedback button they will remove it! 😁

It was missing in action for me for a few weeks.  It is back now and I use it a lot.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dfish said:

You're probably right.  Perhaps with our complaints we should submit the names of high school kids who could figure it out.

This sounds like a pretty complicated problem. You can give the high school kids a crack at it, but it might be better to just start with the real experts, the junior high and middle schoolers.

😈

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

This sounds like a pretty complicated problem. You can give the high school kids a crack at it, but it might be better to just start with the real experts, the junior high and middle schoolers.

😈

How about the elementary school children? Give them a crack at it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, RedIguana said:

😈

Except there would be no more computers, everything would be on your cell phone through TikTok! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1