Breakfast on Ketchikan port day

International Cafe (or go down the morning before and store some of the breakfast items to eat as you are getting ready.  Crescents/banana bread/donuts store well overnight (zip lock bags).  Breakfast sandwiches not so well.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, etphonehome24 said:

On our trip in June, the itinerary states that we will be getting into Ketchikan at 6am, and we have an excursion at 7:00am. What are the breakfast options that early on the ship?

Hm, Ketchikan. Let's take a look into the travel archives.

Ah, here we go:

0790_20230508_091439.thumb.jpg.e2dcf83b4c6d237e9c13be122e9f1225.jpg

Smoked Salmon + Egg & Avocado Sandwich from the IC. Plus sparkling wine from the Calypso Bar Deck 14 (the bar is open early from 6:00am).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, etphonehome24 said:

Thank you everyone! It looks like International Cafe may be the best option. I appreciate you all.

Expect lots of others will also be there.

10 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We *always* do the door hanger menu the night before when we have an early morning activity. 

I like the idea of doing the door hanger. It'll mean we don't have to worry about standing in line for the International Cafe, and it would still be free. But, the times available on the door hanger don't seem to start before 6:30am. I'd be afraid of missing my excursion. I guess we could also do OceanNow?

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, etphonehome24 said:

It'll mean we don't have to worry about standing in line for the International Cafe, and it would still be free.

IC has two lines. Usually a short line for the food and a long line for the coffee stuff.

OceanNow can take some unpredictable time to deliver in the morning because crew is busy serving the hanger breaky.

Edited by EDVM96

Just now, EDVM96 said:

IC has two lines. Usually a short line for the food and a long line for the coffee stuff.

OceanNow can take some unpredictable time to deliver in the morning because crew is busy serving the ganger breaky.

That is very helpful! Thank you.

48 minutes ago, etphonehome24 said:

I like the idea of doing the door hanger. It'll mean we don't have to worry about standing in line for the International Cafe, and it would still be free. But, the times available on the door hanger don't seem to start before 6:30am. I'd be afraid of missing my excursion. I guess we could also do OceanNow?

The times we have picked via the door hanger have always been honored VERY close to what we have selected.  I cannot speak to Ocean Now during breakfast times....but later in the day it is atrocious as far as the wait time.  YMMV!

On 4/3/2024 at 6:12 PM, etphonehome24 said:

we have an excursion at 7:00am

Dang!  If I ever booked an excursion for 7:00 a.m., I would be back on these boards asking for recommendations and suggestions for solo cruising!!

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

The times we have picked via the door hanger have always been honored VERY close to what we have selected.  I cannot speak to Ocean Now during breakfast times....but later in the day it is atrocious as far as the wait time.  YMMV!

We have found the delivery in morning is usually early

14 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Dang!  If I ever booked an excursion for 7:00 a.m., I would be back on these boards asking for recommendations and suggestions for solo cruising!!

I'm still hoping the 7am time is a placeholder for the real time which will update closer to the trip, but with every day that goes by, I am getting less and less hopeful. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, etphonehome24 said:

I'm still hoping the 7am time is a placeholder for the real time which will update closer to the trip, but with every day that goes by, I am getting less and less hopeful. 

7am Shorex means being 6:30am in the Princess Theather for sure. 🤣

Edited by EDVM96

On 4/3/2024 at 3:17 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

International Cafe (or go down the morning before and store some of the breakfast items to eat as you are getting ready.  Crescents/banana bread/donuts store well overnight (zip lock bags).  Breakfast sandwiches not so well.

On 4/3/2024 at 4:13 PM, skynight said:

Another or emergency option. Place something in your fridge the night before.

I would end up eating them as a midnight snack.  😃

Posted (edited)

@etphonehome24, we were on the Royal at the end of August last year.  Looking back at the "Patter" for the Ketchikan day, it says arrival in port will be about 7 AM.  The Horizon Bistro shows Continental Breakfast starting at 5 AM, and "full service" there starting at 7 AM.  Horizon Court would open for breakfast at 6 AM.  (Of course, the IC was an option as well.)  I realize that the arrival time we had is later than yours, and of course each ship and year can be different, but I believe these are pretty standard times for breakfast service in the buffet area.  So you might be able to grab a quick something that morning and make it work.

Edited by QuilterGirl