When does Celebrity MoveUp Open for Bids?

Redgte

I am currently 90 days out from my sailing and attempted to login for a MoveUp bid. A pop up stated that for eligible reservations 'Bidding opens 90 days before sailing.' Though of course I'm now in that window and mine has not opened (my TA booking should be eligible). In the info at the top it states 'Eligible reservations on all Celebrity Cruise ships within 30 days of departure date.' I have been trying to research through older posts and it seems from what I'm seeing there is no rhyme or reason to when bidding opens, is that correct? It seems it can open anytime after the 90 days rather than right at 90 days which what the popup message states? Just wanted to confirm before I send an email. I don't want to bother them if just because I'm getting anxious! We are are currently in a Concierge stateroom and hoping to bid on a Sky Suite.

If you booked thru a big box warehouse your cruise won’t be eligible.   

I think there is also a clause that pertains to group rates not being eligible.  🤷‍♂️

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, miched said:

If you booked thru a big box warehouse your cruise won’t be eligible.   

I think there is also a clause that pertains to group rates not being eligible.  🤷‍♂️

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Neither of those situations apply (I used a regular TA). Perhaps I should go ahead and email...

Edited by Redgte

14 minutes ago, Redgte said:

Neither of those situations apply (I used a regular TA). Perhaps I should go ahead and email...

I have had it open 80 ish days out and then others open 60 days or so out.   No rhyme of reason.  

I just placed bids on two cruises in June. Neither were open to bidding at the 90 day point. I kept getting a message saying it wasn’t time. I just kept checking back and it worked eventually. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bikerunner said:

I have had it open 80 ish days out and then others open 60 days or so out.   No rhyme of reason.  

Thank you! I'll just wait it out then and keep checking. The odds are probably small we will even win the upgrade but I definitely want to try!

1 minute ago, RosieRoo said:

I just placed bids on two cruises in June. Neither were open to bidding at the 90 day point. I kept getting a message saying it wasn’t time. I just kept checking back and it worked eventually. 

We are early July so hopefully it will open soon then. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Sleepybluegiraffe said:

Thank you for starting the thread. I’ve been wondering the same. We’re at 91 days out with final payment due end of the month (we’re in the UK so different final payment date)

It is frustrating isn't it! Although I know it doesn't really matter as long as it opens at some point but I suppose I'm just a bit impatient  😆

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, miched said:

I think there is also a clause that pertains to group rates not being eligible.  

In my current experience with my Eclipse group fare booking that is not the case and my booking is confirmed as eligible.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Redgte said:

Typically you have to be signed up with Celebrity to receive marketing and other promotional emails from them to automatically get an email inviting you to MoveUp with your booking.

Go to this link and submit your last name and reservation number to confirm if you are eligible.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

They say 30 days but have seen it as early as 45 days and more.    Depends on how the ship has been booking.   They award from 2 days to 30 days prior to sailing.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Gilliganluvsmaryann said:

If you booked on your own not thru TA are you eligible for move up bid?

if you booked an inside cabin are you eligible for move up bid?

Yes and yes.  There are no booking guidelines or stateroom limitations regarding MoveUp.  The only restriction I am aware of is with big box booking sources where many are not eligible.

When I check to see if Our cruise is eligible ( Beyond May 5th- 12th) this is message I get. I am older than 21 booking paid in full I booked it myself online and it is 26 days before sailing.

Your reservation is not eligible to place a bid at this time. To be eligible to submit a bid the following requirements must be met:

• Must be 21 years or older.
  • The booking must be paid in full.
  • Travel Agency must be a participating agency in the CELEBRITY MOVEUP program.
  • Bidding opens 90 days before sailing.

45 minutes ago, Gilliganluvsmaryann said:

When I check to see if Our cruise is eligible ( Beyond May 5th- 12th) this is message I get. I am older than 21 booking paid in full I booked it myself online and it is 26 days before sailing.

Your reservation is not eligible to place a bid at this time. To be eligible to submit a bid the following requirements must be met:

I am not familiar with that response.  But the comments regarding the travel agent IMO do not mean you had to book through one, just if you did they must be a participating agency, which excluding big box retailers, most are.

Here is the link I provided in an earlier response.  Enter your last name and booking number and try there:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

Hard to tell. We have a cruise coming up in June. At the 90 day mark bidding wasn’t available yet. At the 75 day mark it still wasn’t so I called celebrity. I was told that it wasn’t open for bidding yet, but would be soon. It opened about 65 days prior. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gilliganluvsmaryann said:

Yes that is the link I used. Entered my name and booking number and received the aforementioned response.

I guess I would keep trying or perhaps call Celebrity and ask them to assist.  If for some reason your booking is not eligible they should be able to confirm and hopefully explain.

5 hours ago, Gilliganluvsmaryann said:

That is exactly what I see as well on my reservation and lead to my question. I'm going to give it a little longer since I'm still 89 days out and will email if nothing changes.

2 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

Hard to tell. We have a cruise coming up in June. At the 90 day mark bidding wasn’t available yet. At the 75 day mark it still wasn’t so I called celebrity. I was told that it wasn’t open for bidding yet, but would be soon. It opened about 65 days prior. 

Were you by chance getting the same response as in post #15 prior to being able to bid at 65 days?

46 minutes ago, Redgte said:

Were you by chance getting the same response as in post #15 prior to being able to bid at 65 days?

Yes. I was getting that same response. That’s why I called because it was way less than 90 days and the same message was popping up. I actually never even got an email when it did open. I just kept checking and eventually it allowed me to make a bid. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Yes. I was getting that same response. That’s why I called because it was way less than 90 days and the same message was popping up. I actually never even got an email when it did open. I just kept checking and eventually it allowed me to make a bid. 

I know that Celebrity indicates a 90-day opening window but I don't believe that is firm and can vary with each itinerary based on bookings, etc.  But using the link, as you indicate, over time is a way to confirm availability when MoveUp actually opens on a given itinerary.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

Oh good to know! I will just keep checking and waiting it out then.

• Like 1