In room coffee makers

Neptune and Pinnacle suites only have in room coffee makers. You can order from room service any time day or night. 

If you want "fancy" coffee, you can go to Explorations Cafe or GDC, depending on your ship.

There are coffee makers in the Neptune and Pinnacle suites. 
The rest of us either go to the Lido (which is open 24/7), or call for room service. 

I'm not a fan of Keurig coffee machines so we did not use the one in our suite.  We ordered room service coffee in the mornings.  We also had good "go cups" so could get coffee from Neptune Lounge or Lido that would stay hot for a couple hours.  We thought the Crow's Nest had the best coffee.  JMO, Cherie 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

As others said, only the Neptune Suites and Pinnacle Suites have coffee makers.  In my experience, the coffee they made was so bad I preferred to find my coffee elsewhere.  If you're in a NS or PS, the coffee maker in the Neptune lounge is terrific.  I thought the Lido was hit and miss.  If you got it freshly brewed it was ok (but not great).  If it had been sitting there a while it wasn't drinkable.  Room service coffee was also ok.  Exploration Cafe was better because it was always made fresh.

Edited by sciencewonk

14 hours ago, cccole said:

I'm not a fan of Keurig coffee machines

We've had a Nespresso machine for years and love it.The Pods have varied levels of intensity so I choose my pod depending on if I want an espresso or a larger cup of coffee.

2 hours ago, mawvkysc said:

@sciencewonk does Explorations Cafe have regular coffee as well as espresso based ? If so is there a charge for it?

Not sciencewonk but a customer of Ex.Cafe. All coffee-flavored beverages are espresso-based, and all have a charge (or ding on beverage-package). "Americano" is espresso thinned out to coffee strength.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Not sciencewonk but a customer of Ex.Cafe. All coffee-flavored beverages are espresso-based, and all have a charge (or ding on beverage-package). "Americano" is espresso thinned out to coffee strength.

Thanks. Toying with idea (if it is offered) of an upsell to a V on Observation Deck. I know you’re a fan of those! Hubby likes a wake up coffee. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cccole said:

Thank you.  I did not realize there was a difference between Nespresso and Keurig.  Cherie 

And there's also two types of Nespresso pods - the Vertuo ones, which are normally 7.77 ounces, with some options as small as 1.35oz and as big as 18 oz (they are circular) and the Original Espresso ones, which are 0.85 to 3.7 ounces and are small and pointy - two different machines are needed, in the Neptune Suites they are the Original only.  🙂  

image.png.dd77cfda6dc8a0e6b9289ebc69e52675.png

We always put out our coffee request hanger the night before for coffee delivery at 6:00 am. That’s the first delivery time and it’s always fresh and hot. Sure beats heading to Lido and taking chances.

• Like 2

On 4/8/2024 at 10:52 PM, cccole said:

I'm not a fan of Keurig coffee machines so we did not use the one in our suite.  We ordered room service coffee in the mornings.  We also had good "go cups" so could get coffee from Neptune Lounge or Lido that would stay hot for a couple hours.  We thought the Crow's Nest had the best coffee.  JMO, Cherie 

Oh how I wish they were Keurig machines.  They are like a Nespresso but not actually a Nespresso so we couldn’t use this pods in machine.  Whatever was provided was absolutely awful.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, oakridger said:

@Susanmaz

But can't you order coffee from room service 24hours a day by just calling?

Yes.  I’d cover my head with a pillow to speak quietly at 4 am or so.  Meet him at the door when he VERY lightly tapped and just carry it in myself.  

23 hours ago, The4OfUs said:

And there's also two types of Nespresso pods - the Vertuo ones, which are normally 7.77 ounces, with some options as small as 1.35oz and as big as 18 oz (they are circular) and the Original Espresso ones, which are 0.85 to 3.7 ounces and are small and pointy - two different machines are needed, in the Neptune Suites they are the Original only.

We have the Original pods (purple in picture). Pretty spoiled. We travel with our machine because motel coffee is usually dreadful. Maybe we can sneak our machine onboard. Just kidding of coarse. 😁

2 hours ago, alwaysfrantic said:

Yes.  I’d cover my head with a pillow to speak quietly at 4 am or so.  Meet him at the door when he VERY lightly tapped and just carry it in myself.  

The knock really is VERY light. DH and I joke about which one is going to wake up so we don't miss the knock.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

From a previous thread on the Coffee Makers in the Neptune/Pinnacle Suites.

Oh WOW, thank you for the correction - here's where I admit I'm a tea drinker, and I asked my husband who is the coffee drinker and he was sure it was "the other Nespresso machine with the small pods" 😂 Apologies for the incorrect info!

You're right, I googled Mocoffee Holland America and this image came up.  🙂 

How to use cofee maker in Neptune suite - Holland America ...

MoCoffee is a company founded by the man who invented the Nespresso pod. The MoCoffee pod sure looks like a Nespresso, but I think it's claim to fame is that it is made from materials than are burnable, unlike those plastic pods that live forever. Nespresso pods are recyclable aluminum.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRef9vKvcuViOEvAhY38fiytADhC-H5qoZ7iBAxXs4fi9pficPtiq44XDZbBOxr_160qVrQsXvjLiZiaXCgANsHsA4rhuL9qQrPjw60Ttz7 I wonder if I can bring along my temp controlled coffee mug? It would come in handy on those cold ship days sitting on the balcony or out on deck as it keeps any drink hot for hours.

The cup itself has a long lasting battery that sits on a charging dock that plugs into an outlet.

On 4/11/2024 at 12:52 PM, Southpaw97470 said:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRef9vKvcuViOEvAhY38fiytADhC-H5qoZ7iBAxXs4fi9pficPtiq44XDZbBOxr_160qVrQsXvjLiZiaXCgANsHsA4rhuL9qQrPjw60Ttz7 I wonder if I can bring along my temp controlled coffee mug? It would come in handy on those cold ship days sitting on the balcony or out on deck as it keeps any drink hot for hours.

The cup itself has a long lasting battery that sits on a charging dock that plugs into an outlet.

Ember is the best. I miss mine terribly when I travel 

On 4/11/2024 at 10:52 AM, Southpaw97470 said:

I wonder if I can bring along my temp controlled coffee mug? It would come in handy on those cold ship days sitting on the balcony or out on deck as it keeps any drink hot for hours.

Corkcicle Mugs are on sale 30% off. Love mine; keeps coffee or tea warm for a very long time. Well, the catalog says 3 hours. I have two, but am digging these Neon Lights ones!

Travel Coffee Mug - Neon Lights | CORKCICLE.

• Thanks 1