Basically full Beyond - How Bad??

Posted (edited)

Select your stateroom wisely.

We live in our staterooms, so we select accordingly. 

We only book Edge class on Celebrity, and use our itineraries and staterooms as our personal retreat. The views and the silence broken only by the wind and sea is worth every penny.

We typically only leave our stateroom for shore excursions, spa treatments, lunch and dinners, as well as walking the track, going to the World Class bar (Beyond and Ascent), and Cafe al Baccio.

When we walk the track on sea days, every time looking down to the main pool, it is usually quite crowded (warm climes). Won't do crowds. Won't even utilize the Retreat sundeck, as likewise typically busy on sea days.

As noted, select stateroom wisely and you'll have a memorable sailing, regardless of how busy is the ship.

Edited by buncosquad

5 hours ago, buncosquad said:

Select your stateroom wisely.

We live in our staterooms, so we select accordingly. 

We only book Edge class on Celebrity, and use our itineraries and staterooms as our personal retreat. The views and the silence broken only by the wind and sea is worth every penny.

We typically only leave our stateroom for shore excursions, spa treatments, lunch and dinners, as well as walking the track, going to the World Class bar (Beyond and Ascent), and Cafe al Baccio.

When we walk the track on sea days, every time looking down to the main pool, it is usually quite crowded (warm climes). Won't do crowds. Won't even utilize the Retreat sundeck, as likewise typically busy on sea days.

As noted, select stateroom wisely and you'll have a memorable sailing, regardless of how busy is the ship.

At this point regardless I'm stuck. Only a few solo cabins and suites left - both at higher prices than I paid. I'm not one who likes to live in my cabin - it's a place to sleep and mostly that's it.

18 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

At this point regardless I'm stuck. Only a few solo cabins and suites left - both at higher prices than I paid. I'm not one who likes to live in my cabin - it's a place to sleep and mostly that's it.

Do not feel stuck.. You will find sime quiet spaces and may enjoy some of the activities..yoga, am stretch. Spa was expensive but maybe pick one  massage or facial for a treat!

I wasnt sure but  If you ended up with an AQ class room, ..all the thermal suite rms are included..salt rm, sauna/ steam and heated loungers..Usually quiet! And a few free classes..( but they try to sell you more)  You can ask for stretch bands and other equip for your  rm..ours were pre requested but never were sent(??)

We also  had mellow/ acoustic music options...mostly  in EDEN. (Beyond and Ascent have diff CDs so different vibe for each ship..hope BEYOND more subdued) 

Another tip..On Ascent, one day  for lunch, we bought take out sammies

(great bread) and dessert from the Bistro on 5 counter, and were actually served at the smaller tables ..not quite in the restarant area. We  picked up drinks / soda at the bar area next door.  A less expensive alternative to the bigger meals at the Bistro.

.. Of course there's the Solarium Cafe with healthy choices..(eat early),  EDEN cafe if open.  and the hot dog/ burger place..That one is crowded/with a  loud din,  but you can  carry the food one flight up..if there are no smokers up there.. Has nice tables, great views off the side of the ship!

There's an area on opp side one flight up with nice chairs and loungers  that overlook the pool but quieter!

on ASCENT and BEYOND we found the Sunset Bar area usually crowded but nice sea views and some shade.  Lawn area might have movie or music  or Pickleball..plink plink!

I suggest bringing  earplugs, just in case..We left one show very early on..due to intense volume and flashing lights, but others were easier on the senses and well done!

Prepare to enjoy!

What are your ports?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, hcat said:

Do not feel stuck.. You will find sime quiet spaces and may enjoy some of the activities..yoga, am stretch. Spa was expensive but maybe pick one  massage or facial for a treat!

I wasnt sure but  If you ended up with an AQ class room, ..all the thermal suite rms are included..salt rm, sauna/ steam and heated loungers..Usually quiet! And a few free classes..( but they try to sell you more)  You can ask for stretch bands and other equip for your  rm..ours were pre requested but never were sent(??)

We also  had mellow/ acoustic music options...mostly  in EDEN. (Beyond and Ascent have diff CDs so different vibe for each ship..hope BEYOND more subdued) 

Another tip..On Ascent, one day  for lunch, we bought take out sammies

(great bread) and dessert from the Bistro on 5 counter, and were actually served at the smaller tables ..not quite in the restarant area. We  picked up drinks / soda at the bar area next door.  A less expensive alternative to the bigger meals at the Bistro.

.. Of course there's the Solarium Cafe with healthy choices..(eat early),  EDEN cafe if open.  and the hot dog/ burger place..That one is crowded/with a  loud din,  but you can  carry the food one flight up..if there are no smokers up there.. Has nice tables, great views off the side of the ship!

There's an area on opp side one flight up with nice chairs and loungers  that overlook the pool but quieter!

on ASCENT and BEYOND we found the Sunset Bar area usually crowded but nice sea views and some shade.  Lawn area might have movie or music  or Pickleball..plink plink!

I suggest bringing  earplugs, just in case..We left one show very early on..due to intense volume and flashing lights, but others were easier on the senses and well done!

Prepare to enjoy!

What are your ports?

Thanks! When I said "stuck" that was in reference to the advice to choose my stateroom wisely. That ship has sailed. I got what I got - I think 10248 (stuck in the password debacle so I can't double check).

I do have an Aqua Class cabin - I got so spoiled in Blu on the Summit I upgraded to Aqua after booking on board. So yeah, I'll have the Thermal Suite - and Blu for breakfast and dinner. I well remember the hard upsell on the additional classes - on the Summit the fitness center guy actually walked away from me when I politely but firmly stood my ground and said that I might well book more classes once I try them - but I got burned before with signing up for a package of classes and they were not what I was expecting. Massages...again I always get stuck with someone who ignores my "No Sales Please" and goes in for the hard sell at the end, so I try to avoid those.

I'm gluten-free, so that complicates where I can grab food to a degree. But maybe if I have a bigger breakfast and aim for an earlier dinner I can get by with just snacks here and there.

Ports are Aruba (currently have Small Group Jeep... I can't remember the full name and now I'm caught in the "password is not correct" thing, so I'm not going into my account for a bit to see if it straightens itself out); Bonaire (currently have Woodwind booked for snorkeling); and Curacao (currently booked on the Irie Tours tour that includes snorkeling with turtles).

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

I was on a sold out holiday cruise on the Beyond and was VERY worried everywhere would feel overcrowded, but honestly, it was fine. Sometimes a wait for elevators, and chair hogs were definitely out, but otherwise I never felt overwhelmed. Always managed to find a chair on deck (maybe not near the pool, but still) or in the buffet, and there were always quiet spots to get away from people if you wanted to (as I am prone to want). Beyond is a gorgeous ship - you will have an amazing time!

• Thanks 1

I did Beyond in the summer in Europe which was pretty much sold out. I found it fine and I had no issues finding spots for me that were quiet. I will say though I don't want a lounger right by the pool so I was upstairs. I'd pick strategically as I' solo so would be getting up and down for things so didn't want to seem like I was gone for a long time as I don't have someone saving my spot - but yeah people went for the pool area first.

I don't know how it was in the afternoon but I'd go to Eden for quiet in the morning and found it peaceful.

But each cruise is different, just that was my experience.

• Thanks 1

Hope you have a great cruise 🛳️, if you choose to post a review I will be looking forward to your take on how things went. I have read one of your reviews several months ago and found it to be awesome !

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, horseymike said:

Hope you have a great cruise 🛳️, if you choose to post a review I will be looking forward to your take on how things went. I have read one of your reviews several months ago and found it to be awesome !

Thank you! I plan to - just have to get WiFi...holding off until Memorial Day hoping there will be a big sale on it.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thank you! I plan to - just have to get WiFi...holding off until Memorial Day hoping there will be a big sale on it.

I'm not sure of the discount , but they have some sort of sale going on now. I saved a few bucks on a shore excursion in October.

Edited by horseymike
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

You may already know this, you can buy now, cancel, and re-buy at a lower later...In your specific case, buy during Memorial Day and periodically check to see if the prices go lower.  Mark your calendar to check during a couple of weeks before the Quarter ends (next is the end of June)

• Thanks 1

Funny, this is actually why I popped on Cruise Critic today. I'm sailing the May 18 ABC and noticed this morning after getting my move-up bid email that they are all almost sold out. I was surprised! I have only sailed on Edge class right at the return from Covid, so the ship was only at about 40-50% occupancy. 

• Like 1

Hi:

We just learned of MoveUp (and made some bids) yesterday. Also have noticed very little capacity is left available on the 05.18 sailing.

Was your MoveUp e-mail today updating the status of your bid?

11 hours ago, hcat said:

Earplugs or noise cancelling headphones are recommended for a couple of reasons.  One is that on the Beyond, there are many noisy rooms with banging and creaking.  There is a thread on this.  

Also, God knows why they put the pickle ball court where they did.  If having a drink in that area or in the tub, you may need those items.

• Thanks 1