Carnival ship/s going to a port where a plantation can be visited

It has been years since I visited a wonderful plantation. If you have visited a plantation at one of the ports within the past couple of years, would you tell me the ship name and the port you visited?

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, TrinaLC said:

Carnival Sunshine out of Charleston, many plantations open to the public. 

Great suggestion but must hurry, the cruise industry in Charleston ends at the end of the year. Or at least Charleston home porting a ship ends. They'll still have day visits from time to time from smaller ships like Regent.

Even still when the cruise industry leaves Charleston is still a beautiful city that is worthy of a visit. But that's probably for another website to discuss! 🙂

Edited by mz-s
  • Like 2

I visited Rose Hall Great House years ago in Jamaica.  It was on a ship tour from Falmouth.  I see it is still open for tours.  Also visited one with rum distillery in Barbados.  I would google the ports on your cruise for plantations, then ask about them on the Ports of Call boards for those islands.  EM

• Like 1

2shoes2go, yes we visited a Batik factory a few years ago, and that was very interesting. Thank you ALL, as you have given me some new ideas to check out. Yes, I figured I could probably find a plantation here in the states, but we are planning a cruise out of the states.

There are some "plantations" in SWFL, but they have different meanings for different groups.  One can look for the owners legacy, which would be much different than the workers (slaves) past.

• Like 1

In 2017 my family visited Good Hope Plantation through the cruise line out of Montego Bay. It was a very beautiful and interesting area, the history of the place and the breathtaking views from the main house. It included a tour of the house and some of the yard. The excursion also included a beautiful water slide and pool time. Our tour guides weren't the greatest, and communication wasn't great, but it was memorable.

Just come to south Carolina and go to the plantations.no cruise needed. They are better than what you will find on some island and plenty to see and do in the low country. A hell of a lot better food and no rude zombies to deal.with. I just got off the Horizon 3 hours ago. We are done with carnival. We thought our cruise last September was not very good this one brought home the trophy as the worst. We missed Jamaica because the captain is gun shy over tearing up another dock I guess. So another boring not so fun day on board with 4700 mindless extremely rude ice  cream devouring zombies. Just come down to south Carolina you will be much better off. Beautiful Plantations,good food and good beaches. The water may not be blue but at least you will have a better vacation.and you will be closer to home when you are ready to go home. Plus you can bring your dog and conceal carry since we are still a free State.

• Haha 5

I appreciate the postings here, but we WANT to do a cruise, and we may NOT be going to see a plantation after all. It was just my thinking from years ago. 😞

31 minutes ago, beshears said:

I appreciate the postings here, but we WANT to do a cruise, and we may NOT be going to see a plantation after all. It was just my thinking from years ago. 😞

Your original post was this past Thursday, correct?

• Haha 2

My son and I have discussed this, and with ALL the feedback I have received, we plan to go another direction. For those that wanted to help, I appreciated it.

On 4/15/2024 at 9:30 PM, beshears said:

My son and I have discussed this, and with ALL the feedback I have received, we plan to go another direction. For those that wanted to help, I appreciated it.

i mean this will all due respect- if you are that thin-skinned, perhaps cruising (and travel) is not for you.

• Like 1