Dear Dad Passing

Bruno

I extend my sincere sympathy.

The love and continual care that you gave to your Dad is something that many of my current Hospice patients do not receive. You will probably never fully realize what that meant for your Dad - Bless You.

Yes, you will cruise again sometime, and your Dad's love for you will be right there with you.

• Like 3

Dear Bruno

I i’m so sorry to hear about your dad‘s passing. I said my condolences to you and all of your family and everyone who loves him. Best wishes to you all.

• Like 2

My thoughts are with you, Bruno, during this difficult time.  Rest easy knowing you showed your love to your Dad over and over during the years while traveling and being his caregiver.  Take a Deep Breath, and a Long Rest, and then start looking at cruises.  You know your Dad would want you to take that next one and he will be sharing it with you.

• Like 2

Hi @atexsix Bruno, 

I hope you are getting things done and allowing time for yourself. It can be overwhelming I know. If you feel it would be appropriate I'd love to have a link to DD's obituary. That's only if you are comfortable with it. He was such a nice man and I enjoyed chatting with him at the Lincoln Center Stage. You were a great caregiver, from what I experienced, and caregiving isn't easy. Take care!

Karen

• Like 2

First of all, a huge thank you to the outpouring of condolences, both here and in the daily; but I've only been able to read a few posts at a time, then I'd start getting upset.  

The last couple of days have been tuff, I have had very little time to grieve, yesterday was taken up by an almost comic back and forth between the cemetery, funeral home, church, and relatives in order to agree on a date for the burial.  It would finally look like everything was going to work and I'd get an "oh, wait" out of somebody.  This went on for hours.  I finally picked what works for me, even if it meant disappointing someone.  I haven't had much of an appetite, every time I try I take 3 or 4 bites then push my plate away.  Nights are particularly lonesome, the last two I just sat in the dark reliving the events of the past week.  Still not sleeping much, but last night was a little better.  

For those that mentioned it, we did have a cruise booked, I still might go, it's not until next year and I have plenty of time to get used to the idea of going alone, right now the thought of it is devastating. 

Tomorrow I go to the funeral home to pick out the casket, yippee!  I also have to write them a check, double yippee!  

1 hour ago, luvteaching said:

Hi @atexsix Bruno, 

I hope you are getting things done and allowing time for yourself. It can be overwhelming I know. If you feel it would be appropriate I'd love to have a link to DD's obituary. That's only if you are comfortable with it. He was such a nice man and I enjoyed chatting with him at the Lincoln Center Stage. You were a great caregiver, from what I experienced, and caregiving isn't easy. Take care!

Karen

Yes, it's not going to be until after the services, Dad requested no formal obit, so it'll be something like a remembrance that I will be doing later, but you are perfectly welcome to the link, especially since we cruised together.  Remember the chamber music?  What did they ever come up with to take the place of LCL?

FYI: I'll be posting all future updates in the daily.

~Bruno

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

56 minutes ago, atexsix said:

The last couple of days have been tuff, I have had very little time to grieve, yesterday was taken up by an almost comic back and forth between the cemetery, funeral home, church, and relatives in order to agree on a date for the burial.  It would finally look like everything was going to work and I'd get an "oh, wait" out of somebody.  This went on for hours.  I finally picked what works for me, even if it meant disappointing someone.  I haven't had much of an appetite, every time I try I take 3 or 4 bites then push my plate away.  Nights are particularly lonesome, the last two I just sat in the dark reliving the events of the past week.  Still not sleeping much, but last night was a little better. 

All of this is normal. You are sailing in uncharted waters here, and it will take a while to get through this. 

Be kind to yourself, and take all the time you need before you start moving on. 

• Like 5

On 4/13/2024 at 12:14 AM, atexsix said:

Dear Dad passed away this afternoon.  I want to thank all the well wishes, thoughts, and prayers, over the course of this almost 2 year journey.  It meant a lot to us.  It was truly a privilege caring for him and he died peacefully and without pain while I held his hand. 

Wave season was terrible for him, they advertise cruises every 30 seconds it seems, but now he can go anywhere he wants.  I'll miss him greatly.  And there's now a huge void in my life.  

I hope everybody are having wonderful vacations and maybe there'll be a much needed break for me sometime this year.  

All the best,

~Bruno

Blessings and prayers