Coco Cay - Drinks

Empehi

From everything I have seen on the Celebrity website says that you can use the drink package on the island. 

the packages pre-purchased or have chosen on the ship will be reflected in the bars and restaurants on CocoCay. If you’ve chosen All Included, you can enjoy cooling tropical cocktails, cold beer, and wine to your heart’s content.

Also it works for the wifi: 

CocoCay has the same fast Wi-Fi as you’ll find onboard Celebrity’s ships, with different speeds available according to what you’ve purchased; for example, if you have chosen All Included, you will automatically be able to access Wi-Fi on CocoCay. Service may be limited on some of the beaches, but you should nonetheless be able to start uploading envy-inducing Instagram snaps as soon as you step ashore.

I’ve been to CocoCay many times and only once have I had a problem. One time the bar server charged me for a cocktail, even though I had the drink package. When I got back on the ship, I went to Guest Services and they took the charge off my bill.

I did some research, and it looks like Celebrity's first stop is on Reflection on May 3. Has anyone heard whether Celebrity will be using any of the areas of the island for suite-only access like they have when they cruised to Labadee? I read that RC doesn't have a separate area, but wonder if Celebrity will. Have any of you sailing on Reflection heard from the shoreside concierge about any special Retreat areas?  

Looking at the app, cabanas are $1,499 to $3,499 depending on where. We certainly won't be partaking in those. I can't imagine paying that much for a cabana for the day. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, dcbiker97 said:

I did some research, and it looks like Celebrity's first stop is on Reflection on May 3. Has anyone heard whether Celebrity will be using any of the areas of the island for suite-only access like they have when they cruised to Labadee? I read that RC doesn't have a separate area, but wonder if Celebrity will. Have any of you sailing on Reflection heard from the shoreside concierge about any special Retreat areas?  

Looking at the app, cabanas are $1,499 to $3,499 depending on where. We certainly won't be partaking in those. I can't imagine paying that much for a cabana for the day. 

There is no designated separate suite area on CocoCay such as Barefoot Beach is on Labadee, and RCCL suite guests do not have an area designated for them so it is not likely that Celebrity will. 

Hypothetically, the only area that maybe could be used would be the CocoCay Beach Club, but I wouldn't expect that as suite guests on RCCL pay, along with other guests, for that area currently.

Keep in mind that RCI typically docks two ships at CocoCay simultaneously.  On your May 3rd sailing you will be docked with RCCL Freedom of the Seas as well when you are there.  It would be very unlikely to have an area that is typically open to everyone open only to Celebrity guests when another RCCL ship is docked there.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

30 minutes ago, TommyD3 said:

We are on the Beyond, April 22. The second day, April 23, we are in Coco Cay !!!

Thanks. It must be sold out as I didn’t see that one on the Celebrity site .  

I’m not sailing until early September,  which will provide some additional time for intel about how the different brands will mesh there.  

9 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

We're there on April 22 on the Reflection.  Along with a giant RCI ship.

According to CruiseMapper, you will be the first X ship there, with 6000 RCL relatives! 

We enjoy the lagoon pool and swim up bar before it gets crowded and loud. 

IMG_6387.png

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

According to CruiseMapper, you will be the first X ship there, with 6000 RCL relatives! 

CocoCay in its current form was designed to handle up to 12,000 guests per day.  It will be rare to have a day there without another ship docked as well.  We were fortunate on two early RCCL return to cruising itineraries after covid that included CocoCay to be there as the only ship docked, which was very nice.  Those days are long past.

As noted above, there is no suite-only area at CoCo Cay.  The CoCo beach club is an extra upcharge, but worth it for the the quiet, higher level of service and AMAZING lunch there.  We did that on our last cruise.  

We have also purchased a cabana by Oasis Lagoon.  It was fun and near the swim up bar.  Our cabana attendant brought us fruit kabobs, our drinks, and lots of great food from the Snack Shack.  

We had no problem with use of our beverage packages on the island.  

Enjoy! 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Saturngrl said:

As CocoCay is essentially an extension of the ship, there would be no issues with drink packages while there.  The only problem we ever had was one time the computer system was down for a while and during that time the bartenders had us sign slips with each drink so they could coordinate things back on board.  More of an issue for them than us and it all worked out fine.

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

CocoCay in its current form was designed to handle up to 12,000 guests per day.  It will be rare to have a day there without another ship docked as well.  We were fortunate on two early RCCL return to cruising itineraries after covid that included CocoCay to be there as the only ship docked, which was very nice.  Those days are long past.

And I think that 12,000 was before Hideaway Beach opened. 

There are 7 or so days in April and the same number in May where only one ship is scheduled, fewer later in the year once Utopia starts sailing. It is very nice with only one. Of course, some of those single ship days are Icon days which has 7000 of its own folks. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

39 minutes ago, Saturngrl said:

As noted above, there is no suite-only area at CoCo Cay.  The CoCo beach club is an extra upcharge, but worth it for the the quiet, higher level of service and AMAZING lunch there.  We did that on our last cruise.  

We have also purchased a cabana by Oasis Lagoon.  It was fun and near the swim up bar.  Our cabana attendant brought us fruit kabobs, our drinks, and lots of great food from the Snack Shack.  

Enjoy! 

Thanks for that information. Celebrity is charging $173pp for Coco Beach Club access. The Oasis cabana is $1,499. Knowing that this question is extremely subjective, is it worth that for that price for the day?

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, dcbiker97 said:

Thanks for that information. Celebrity is charging $173pp for Coco Beach Club access. The Oasis cabana is $1,499. Knowing that this question is extremely subjective, is it worth that for that price for the day?

Albeit these were earlier times just after covid but we paid $65pp the first time and $160pp the second (basically as a walk up) - which we thought was high - for CBC access and at the time the Cabanas were under $1,000.  (Did NOT buy those - our last cabana purchase was over the water at Barefoot Beach in Labadee for $475!)  The $173 for CBC isn't too bad as when we were there in January for our NYE cruise they wanted $360 - which we did not pay as well as it was way too high.  But we walked by the area and it was quite well sold.

The lunch there is IMO excellent and - based on specialty restaurant charges - probably worth about $50 pp.  Something to consider.

All subjective as you indicate.

Posted (edited)

"is it worth it?" is very subjective.  I have had access to Coco Beach Club in the past, I would consider it worth it at that price myself.  That said, this was before the all adults area opened, I would be inclined to check that out.  Hideaway Beach was mentioned above..

This thread reminds me that I need to book a Celebrity Cruise with Coco Cay on the itinerary.  Preferably one that doesn't share the day with an Oasis Class 🙂

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Albeit these were earlier times just after covid but we paid $65pp the first time and $160pp the second (basically as a walk up) - which we thought was high - for CBC access and at the time the Cabanas were under $1,000.  (Did NOT buy those - our last cabana purchase was over the water at Barefoot Beach in Labadee for $475!)  The $173 for CBC isn't too bad as when we were there in January for our NYE cruise they wanted $360 - which we did not pay as well as it was way too high.  But we walked by the area and it was quite well sold.

The lunch there is IMO excellent and - based on specialty restaurant charges - worth about $50 pp.  Something to consider.

All subjective as you indicate.

The last time we were on a private island was in Labadee and we also paid $475, which I though was highway robbery, but it was using OBC so it wasn't as bad. We wanted an easy getaway in September and are doing a 3/4 night b2b with 2 visits to CocoCay on those cruises. 

On 4/16/2024 at 10:02 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

We're there on April 22 on the Reflection.  Along with a giant RCI ship.

I want to hear about Coco Cay and how you enjoyed it. You know where to find me with your report.

Posted (edited)

Agree Is it Worth It? very subjective. I paid $89 May 2022. I enjoyed it (except for the smoker lounging upwind for whom I got some help to desist) and the lunch for that price. I would go back for under $100. I haven't seen it that cheap since and I've been back and chosen not to buy.

Just checked and today they want $189 for my Nov cruise.

Edited by twins_to_alaska