Points when upgrading

I booked a studio cabin for an upcoming cruise.  I know with the studios, you only get one point/night.  The balconies came down in price so I upgraded to the balcony.  As a solo passenger, will I now get two points/night?  I know on RCL, I get two points as a solo passenger in any room except studios.

Thanks

6 minutes ago, F19810 said:

I booked a studio cabin for an upcoming cruise.  I know with the studios, you only get one point/night.  The balconies came down in price so I upgraded to the balcony.  As a solo passenger, will I now get two points/night?  I know on RCL, I get two points as a solo passenger in any room except studios.

Thanks

Solos don’t get extra points on NCL.

3 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Solos don’t get extra points on NCL.

Even though I pay full price for the room?  This is not a solo room.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, F19810 said:

Even though I pay full price for the room?  This is not a solo room.

They don’t give extra points to for being a solo, whatever room or rate you are paying.

Edited by KeithJenner

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, fredflint said:

Did you pay the rate for 2 people, you "should" get the points in my opinion.

You don’t. You are paying the fare for one person. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

The only way to receive additional points as a solo is to book the Haven (1 extra point per night) or book a Latitudes Rewards Insider Offer... Other than that, it's 1 point per night...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If you already booked a Latitudes Rewards Insider Offer for the extra Latitudes point per night, and then you upgrade to Haven, do you get the additional 3rd point?  Do you lose the extra point for the Latitudes Rewards?  TIA

35 minutes ago, kismet618 said:

If you already booked a Latitudes Rewards Insider Offer for the extra Latitudes point per night, and then you upgrade to Haven, do you get the additional 3rd point?  Do you lose the extra point for the Latitudes Rewards?  TIA

Latitude Rewards are usually for the sailing.  It doesn't matter what room you have.  

55 minutes ago, kismet618 said:

If you upgrade you get the promo that is effect at that time, so you might lose the extra point, but would get one for being in the Haven. 

7 hours ago, fredflint said:

Did you pay the rate for 2 people, you "should" get the points in my opinion.

I did pay the rate for 2 people.  RCL give 2 points when you do that, I guess NCL does not.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fredflint said:

I would talk to them if not book a 2nd person for free and have them be a no show, 🙂

What does that accomplish?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, fredflint said:

I would talk to them if not book a 2nd person for free and have them be a no show, 🙂

We may think that a solo “should” get double points but the fact is that they don’t. NCLs policy is that it is one point per day per person regardless of how many people you are paying for. The only exception is if you book a suite or if there is an offer on (double points, latitudes offers). The points are awarded to the account of the individual person and are not given to anyone else if there is a no show. You have to sail to get the points.

Talking to them would be a waste of time and booking for two with one no-showing could have other consequences.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, zqvol said:

If you upgrade you get the promo that is effect at that time, so you might lose the extra point, but would get one for being in the Haven. 

You say that and it's what I expect but not my experience.
I booked on a double points promotion, then did a paid (not bid) upgrade when there was a treble point promo on, I hoped to get the treble points but would have been happy with the original double points.

When I got back home from my cruise, I was awarded 1 point per night. I spoke to my PCC who spoke to Florida and the message came back that it was the upgrade that caused it and no further explanation. To this date it irritates me and I still don't know why. My PCC claims he tried and tried to get the points but was told there was nothing that could be done.

I actually suspect he did not apply the promo to my booking when he upgraded me because he has always been evasive about the reasons for the lack of points.
Either way, it shows you have to be on the ball, then check and check again when doing these things

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ziggyuk said:

You say that and it's what I expect but not my experience.
I booked on a double points promotion, then did a paid (not bid) upgrade when there was a treble point promo on, I hoped to get the treble points but would have been happy with the original double points.

When I got back home from my cruise, I was awarded 1 point per night. I spoke to my PCC who spoke to Florida and the message came back that it was the upgrade that caused it and no further explanation. To this date it irritates me and I still don't know why. My PCC claims he tried and tried to get the points but was told there was nothing that could be done.

I actually suspect he did not apply the promo to my booking when he upgraded me because he has always been evasive about the reasons for the lack of points.
Either way, it shows you have to be on the ball, then check and check again when doing these things

Well hello Tony and Antony . We hope that you are well and enjoying life . Any cruises planned ? We have had a busy Spring with some racoons in the roof , meeting our new in laws and a case of identity theft . What a pain ! Additionally , Pat was in the hospital last week. If you would like to chat please use our scubacruiserx2 @gmail.com account .

@F19810 We will bounce this question off of our TA here in Florida who is pretty up on these things and return with an answer if she can be of any help .

27 minutes ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Well hello Tony and Antony . We hope that you are well and enjoying life . Any cruises planned ? We have had a busy Spring with some racoons in the roof , meeting our new in laws and a case of identity theft . What a pain ! Additionally , Pat was in the hospital last week. If you would like to chat please use our scubacruiserx2 @gmail.com account .

@F19810 We will bounce this question off of our TA here in Florida who is pretty up on these things and return with an answer if she can be of any help .

All good thanks, funny enough we just got back from a cruise yesterday, you reminded me to update my signature.
We have done two short weekend cruises with MSC since we met in January 😂
They were both on the same ship and both to Hamburg, it's great for a weekends entertainment, we are 20min from the port and flew straight home ready for work on Monday.

The next big one is NCL Jewel LA to Tampa, Panama Canal in November.
Pass on my best wishes to Pat for a quick recovery.

@ziggyuk interesting that it worked out that way.  I called just before final payment for my cruise in 2023 as I could save a little with a price drop.  As it turns out there was a slight change in promotions, adding triple points, that got added to my reservation, giving me 21 points for sailing in a Studio.  I wonder if those policies vary from the US to the UK.

On 4/15/2024 at 6:53 AM, ziggyuk said:

All good thanks, funny enough we just got back from a cruise yesterday, you reminded me to update my signature.
We have done two short weekend cruises with MSC since we met in January 😂
They were both on the same ship and both to Hamburg, it's great for a weekends entertainment, we are 20min from the port and flew straight home ready for work on Monday.

The next big one is NCL Jewel LA to Tampa, Panama Canal in November.
Pass on my best wishes to Pat for a quick recovery.

20 min to the port is great . We're 75 to Ft. Lauderdale . We are doing better with Pat and we caught the Rocky the Racoon . We were trying to meet you guys in Tampa but our Thanksgiving with the family begins on that day . We did the Canal both ways so if you might like some tips on most of the places we may be able to help if you would like . Here's the East to West review :

• Thanks 1