Cococay

We will be cruising on the Reflection in August, 2024 with our 8 year old grand daughter and stopping at Cococay . We have never been to Cococay before so we do not know what activities are available for an 8 year old. In order for her to have access to a waterslide do we need to purchase the Thrill Waterpark Day Pass or is there a waterslide for children outside the waterpark? Any information is appreciated  Thanks and Happy Sailings. .   

Posted (edited)

This link might help in describing what to expect at CocoCay.  There are things that available at no charge but many of the activities and venues are for a charge.  Many of the paid venues should be able to be reserved in advance by way of your cruise planner.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/guides/everything-you-need-to-plan-a-perfect-day-at-cococay

Edited by leaveitallbehind

There is a huge swimming pool called the oasis lagoon and several nice beaches that are free to use. There’s also free buffet lunch. You don’t have to spend a cent if you don’t want to, we don’t pay for the extra things and always have a good time there.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2024 at 7:52 PM, DancersImage said:

In order for her to have access to a waterslide do we need to purchase the Thrill Waterpark Day Pass

Yes. And you'd need to purchase one for yourselves as well. The only people admitted are those with passes. Even those who aren't going on the slides but are accompanying others.

On 4/16/2024 at 7:52 PM, DancersImage said:

We will be cruising on the Reflection in August, 2024 with our 8 year old grand daughter and stopping at Cococay . We have never been to Cococay before so we do not know what activities are available for an 8 year old. In order for her to have access to a waterslide do we need to purchase the Thrill Waterpark Day Pass or is there a waterslide for children outside the waterpark? Any information is appreciated  Thanks and Happy Sailings. .   

Check out Splashaway Bay, a free waterpark,  which has free waterslides and water activities.  Perfect for an 8 year old.  Nice beaches there too.   

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Is the Splashaway Bay area for smaller kids??  My grandkids are 14 & 16 (turning 17 on the ship).  So I need to know if there is a free area (rather than Thrill) that they would enjoy.  I know I will be happy to sit at Oasis Lagoon.   I know my daughter-in-law will not let the kids go by themselves into that section; plus she like waterslides too.  My son may not be interested in the Thrill area.   I think the kids might be interested in the sports beach activities.  

Splash away bay is definitely for the under 10s I’d say. If the 14 & 16 yo want waterslides they would need to buy entry into Thrill Waterpark. It’s good but not loads of slides and can be very expensive with longish lines for the slides. My sons were late teens when we went and they enjoyed it but we didn’t think it was the worth the full price they often advertise, but ok if you get a good discount . The beaches are beautiful. 

• Like 1

Splashaway Bay is for the younger kids.  To be honest, my niece first visited Cocoa Cay when she was 9 and wasn't too thrilled with Splashaway Bay.  She thought the area was way too tame for her. She's 12 now and would rather hang out by the pool and beaches.

Edited by broadwaybaby123

On 4/16/2024 at 4:52 PM, DancersImage said:

We are on the Beyond next June and what I have seen shore excursion wise is unless you get certain area access by purchase or cabanas or day beds, it is just lay out on the beautiful white sandy beach under the hot Bahamian sun to toast like a marshmallow.  They even charge to use a float.

We will be staying on the quiet ship rather than being nickel and dimed.

4 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

We will be staying on the quiet ship rather than being nickel and dimed.

We will not be sailing on any Celebrity ship that goes to CocoCay.  If we wanted to go there it would be less expensive to do it on a  Royal Caribbean ship. 

7 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

We will not be sailing on any Celebrity ship that goes to CocoCay.  If we wanted to go there it would be less expensive to do it on a  Royal Caribbean ship. 

Lately I'm seeing a lot of Celebrity sailings cheaper than Royal! The Equinox in February has some amazing deals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Spudd said:

Lately I'm seeing a lot of Celebrity sailings cheaper than Royal! The Equinox in February has some amazing deals.

Interesting.  We still will not sail to CocoCay.  Not the type of atmosphere we enjoy on Celebrity.