Christmas Decorations

1 minute ago, bmill7272 said:

Would we find Odyssey of the Seas decorated for Christmas on a Late November sailing? 

Maybe, the decorations will probably go up sometime after Thanksgiving. 

4 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

They tend to decorate the day after Thanksgiving from everything I've seen. 

From my experience they are usually decorated by the first week of December at the latest. I have been on 4 Thanksgiving cruises. They never decorated the ship the day after Thanksgiving or before the cruise ended for that matter (I realize 4 cruises is a very small sample). 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bmill7272 said:

Would we find Odyssey of the Seas decorated for Christmas on a Late November sailing? 

It probably depends on how late in November the sailing is, and how late in November Thanksgiving occurs in whatever year you are sailing.

Posted (edited)

Depends on what you mean by "late November." 🙂 If you're talking about this year, Thanksgiving falls very late--November 28th. So if you're looking at the very last week of November, it could be done on the 29th or 30th. I've never experienced, heard or read about a ship decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving. 

Edited by la_croisiere_s'amuse

We had done a couple of thanksgiving week cruises in different locaitons (med. and carr.) and they had the decorations up on both cruises the week of Thanksgiving. 

11 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

From my experience they are usually decorated by the first week of December at the latest. I have been on 4 Thanksgiving cruises. They never decorated the ship the day after Thanksgiving or before the cruise ended for that matter (I realize 4 cruises is a very small sample). 

I was on Indy in 2018 and 2019 for Thanksgiving.  Walked thru the Promenade that Friday and the decorations were up, the tree was beautiful. Last Thanksgiving I met some first-time cruisers and told them how beautifully decorated the ship will be when we wake up Friday morning.  They were so excited to take pictures by the tree. Woke up Friday morning to nothing! I was so glad I didn't run into them again! I guess that's one of those pre-Covid/post-Covid differences. 

28 minutes ago, fla33023 said:

I was on Indy in 2018 and 2019 for Thanksgiving.  Walked thru the Promenade that Friday and the decorations were up, the tree was beautiful. Last Thanksgiving I met some first-time cruisers and told them how beautifully decorated the ship will be when we wake up Friday morning.  They were so excited to take pictures by the tree. Woke up Friday morning to nothing! I was so glad I didn't run into them again! I guess that's one of those pre-Covid/post-Covid differences. 

It seems to vary from ship to ship every year. Last year I did a cruise on Liberty the Monday after Thanksgiving and the ship was decorated when we boarded, so it was decorated shortly after Thanksgiving. It is impressive how they literally decorate the ship over night. By the same token they also remove the decorations overnight. I did a B2B on Wonder in 2022 over Christmas and New Years. They took down all the decorations overnight on the 29th if my memory is correct. We had friends join us on the second half of the B2B on 12/31 who were bummed that all the Christmas decorations were gone. 

• Like 1