MDR Table Request

6 hours ago, DennysDad said:

How far out do you send your request?

Don't. But on a b2b they only start doing table assignments on the last cupple of days. Hope that helps 

Our cruise is in 3 weeks. I sent a dining request a few days ago with the sail date, ship and booking ref in the subject line and just received an auto response saying all emails should include the above. Is that the only response I should expect?

5 minutes ago, SquishTheWhale said:

Our cruise is in 3 weeks. I sent a dining request a few days ago with the sail date, ship and booking ref in the subject line and just received an auto response saying all emails should include the above. Is that the only response I should expect?

That’s all I got and it was honored on our cruise last week. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

That’s all I got and it was honored on our cruise last week. 

Same experience for me on recent cruises.

I got lucky once and received a whole file about our table info:  number, floor, number of people it holds, time... it was kind of cool. BUT I think that was an accident, as even my TA that I used after that said she never saw that before. But when I did do that, I did it about 30 days out.  Here's the info I got, if anyone was interested in what it looks like in their system: 

image.gif.260d1a6246edfeda44d0e49622205956.gif

• Like 3

We are a group of 11 (9 adults, 2 toddlers).  Are you all requesting specific table locations and/or being seated together? Haven't cruised in 5 years and only my second time on RC so I kind of feel like a rookie again!  Thanks for your help!

I sent my request in three weeks ago, got the standard auto response, then got this yesterday, a week from our cruise.

Thank you for contacting the Royal Dining Department. Your request has been forwarded to the ship for processing. Your table assignment will be on your Seapass card. We look forward to welcoming you onboard!

Thank you and kindest regards,
Royal Caribbean Dining Administration

1 hour ago, Allie322 said:

We are a group of 11 (9 adults, 2 toddlers).  Are you all requesting specific table locations and/or being seated together? Haven't cruised in 5 years and only my second time on RC so I kind of feel like a rookie again!  Thanks for your help!

There are three of us, so I usual request a four top by the window. 

1 hour ago, Scottdalfonso said:

I got lucky once and received a whole file about our table info:  number, floor, number of people it holds, time... it was kind of cool. BUT I think that was an accident, as even my TA that I used after that said she never saw that before. But when I did do that, I did it about 30 days out.  Here's the info I got, if anyone was interested in what it looks like in their system: 

I got this last year once.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scottdalfonso said:

11 minutes ago, DennysDad said:

I got this last year once.

I used to get these every time but I stopped getting them quite a while ago.  Now all I get is the generic response that my request was received.  It has always been honored

• Like 2

What is the largest table you can request? I have read 8 people and also 10 people.

Would it be possible to get 2 large tables next to each other? We are a large extended family with 12 adults and 10 children on HOTS MAY 5-12. Honestly I don't have any illusions about us all dining together, but it might be nice to get tables of 10 per. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, DS9 said:

Honestly I don't have any illusions about us all dining together, but it might be nice to get tables of 10 per. 

Welcome to CC.

You can send the email request and also talk to the MDR host upon boarding. 

• Like 1

As already said 2-3weeks at most, request isn't reviewed by Ship until then and if further out more likely get lost or even changed again. Unfortunately confirmations less likely last 2 yrs, also use to get Key/Map showing Table and location in Dining room

5 hours ago, DS9 said:

What is the largest table you can request? I have read 8 people and also 10 people.

Would it be possible to get 2 large tables next to each other? We are a large extended family with 12 adults and 10 children on HOTS MAY 5-12. Honestly I don't have any illusions about us all dining together, but it might be nice to get tables of 10 per. 

Thanks!

Yes, send Request but also confirm after Boarding. I always walk to my Table right away, only once was it not what I requested/needed but sure glad I caught it at noon instead of 5pm

42 minutes ago, DennysDad said:

I contacted Mona, she hooked me up.

With what in particular? Just curious. My only request is for a 2-top which we always get with the generic e-mail (which is probably redundant b/c I'm pretty sure my TA already requests one for us).

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

With what in particular? Just curious. My only request is for a 2-top which we always get with the generic e-mail (which is probably redundant b/c I'm pretty sure my TA already requests one for us).

I like a table by the railing overlooking the chandelier/atrium to people watch.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DennysDad said:

I like a table by the railing overlooking the chandelier/atrium to people watch.

We do too.  Made the request but no name as to who sent reply stating it was forwarded to the ship.   Who is Mona?

33 minutes ago, marycruz said:

We do too.  Made the request but no name as to who sent reply stating it was forwarded to the ship.   Who is Mona?

Mona Gutierrez

Team Lead Dining/AffairWhere Administration

5 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

pardon my ignorance, but what is a 2-top?